It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's up with all the CEO's retiring? A Sign?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
In following recent news, I can't help but notice a lot of big company CEO's retiring...

The list is larger than what's posted here...this is just in the past few weeks, listed on the first three pages of a Google news search...

CEO retiring
news.google.com...

PepsiCo CEO retiring
www.reuters.com...

Boeing's Commercial Airplane Division President And CEO Retiring By Year-End
www.mysmartrend.com...

Northrop’s Sugar to Retire; Wesley Bush Named Chief
www.bloomberg.com...

American Pacific CEO John Gibson retiring
www.forbes.com...

Foster Wheeler names CEO of energy unit
www.forbes.com...

Retiring Cigna CEO plans to sell shares
www.hartfordbusiness.com...

Walt Disney Studios chief Dick Cook abruptly leaves the company
www.latimes.com...

Is this just a normal business cycle thingy or is there more than meets the eye to this recent rash of retirements???

Insiders sell like there's no tomorrow
money.cnn.com...

Corporate officers and directors were buying stock when the market hit bottom. What does it say that they're selling now?

Maybe think like "Deep Impact", only it's Wall St/Economy crashing to the ground and not a Space Nugget...

Also keep in mind the mounting death toll mentioned in a few other threads...

[edit on 9/20/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I believe its the take the money and run. Everywhere people like us, look, the economy is tanking. People that watch MSM think the economy is peaches and cream. I am just going to have to hope my family has listened to my suggestion and pulled out their money now and invest in sound commodities like food. S&F

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Most are coming of age, i would too if i was even half of some of the moolah they're on.
It may have to do with something sinister, or could be for the simple fact of the world we live in, Baby boomers didnt have what we have now.

Take alook around you, lots of things to do and see, all you need is cash.

Letting some else take responsibility and not losing anymore hair nor a heart attack from stress, hell, id retire too at that age, and loaded as most are .
S&F

Edited for spelling, multiple times.....dont ask

[edit on 20/9/2009 by scubagravy]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

That's kinda why I posed this question...if it's all just a normal cycle and the older boomers are retiring with their just deserts...

It just seems like quite a few, all lumped together...

...Now...if we start seeing even more retirements and deaths... :shk:

I guess I'll just keep my ear to the ground and listen for the rumbling of the herd in the distance...

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
maybe they have wanted to retire, but waited for the market to come back after 2 years of lower than expected retirement-connected stock share prices. K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Stupid

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Hmmm....Its like the rats are jumping ship!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea
Hmmm....Its like the rats are jumping ship!

Or being pushed, look at this thread over at Godlikeproductions. I know not alot of people like this website with all the BS that is posted, but every once in a while they are on to something, check it out!

www.godlikeproductions.com...

Four Apparent Suicides/Deaths in 48 Hours – CEO-Financiers-Fundraiser

Posted by sakerfa on September 15, 2009

Rockefeller & Co’s CEO committed suicide: report
(Reuters) – James McDonald, chief executive officer of investment management firm Rockefeller & Co, committed suicide on Sunday in Massachusetts, the Wall Street Journal said, citing people familiar with the matter. – Read More

Newport Beach financier Danny Pang dies at 42
(LATimes) – Newport Beach financier Danny Pang died early Saturday at a local hospital, according to the Orange County coroner’s office. The cause of death has not been determined and an autopsy is planned for Sunday, said Larry Esslinger, supervising deputy coroner. – Read More

Financier Finn Casperson dead in apparent suicide
(Inquisitr) – Ex-CEO of Beneficial Corp. Finn H.W. Casperson was found dead in an apparent suicide behind an office building in Westerly, Rhode Island. – Read More

Dying Blagojevich fundraiser said he overdosed, mayor says
(CNN) – Police are investigating the death of the former chief fundraiser for ex-Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich as a “death-suicide,” an Illinois mayor said Sunday. – Read More
[link to dprogram.net]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Can't remember where I read this but it stated something to the tune of 700,000 of the baby boomer generation will be retireing in the next 5 years..
Could this have anything to do with that?
I know the big pharma and hospitals are counting on the mass volume of retirees!
OH and yes time to cut bait and run with some $$ while they are at it...I believe.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
If you ever read Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand, you will remember that the Elites disappeared/retired before letting the *SNIP* liberals collapse the economy.
They hunted down John Galt to try and get him to pull his weight again.

Years ago people used to say that Atlas Shrugged was an Illuminati blueprint for their plans at that time.

Is this just a bunch of losers getting thrown out or are we getting the shaft?

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20/9/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I'm of the opinion that most of them have realized they killed the goose who laid the golden egg.

And are probably investing in property and similar.

Bein' a millionaire many times over doesn't mean much when money's not worth anything....

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg
I'm of the opinion that most of them have realized they killed the goose who laid the golden egg.

And are probably investing in property and similar.

Bein' a millionaire many times over doesn't mean much when money's not worth anything....

I would have to agree. Although, on the last comment, it will mean a great deal if they decide to stock up on supplies before TSHTF.

[edit on 20/9/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I believe that when huge numbers of company insiders are buying or selling stock, they know something. But when it comes to retiring CEO's, this doesn't seem like a high amount. Keep in mind, there are over 10,000 publicly traded companies in America. A couple retiring isn't a big deal. But like I said, watch the insider stock selling.....

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Taking the money and getting out of the country. They know what is coming.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Age? ... CEO's typical are not young, they are old.

Babyboomers are retiring....

Imo, this is probably the biggest reason..

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Maybe they don't want to be around when the government takes over their companies, or tells them how much they can pay their own employees, or become the next target for demonization, like the insurance companies.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
They're all getting off the ship before it sinks. It's what everyone who knows the ship is sinking would do. Especially if they're already loaded.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
A lot of these large companies are looking to trim down the organization and reduce their expenses in order to increase profits. usually this takes place with the outsourcing of employees to foreign countries but this time around, I think a lot of companies are looking to flatten the organizational structure by getting execs to leave / retire and by demoting directors and others in the management structure.

top topics

join