It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Experiment May Have Caused Strange Light That Was Seen In The Sky

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by scobro

Okay. But going by the sightings all over the place, it doesn't seem like much of a plan. Maybe Nasa should start launching their rockets from Glasgow?

No NASA, I was joking, please don't.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I am only speaking theoretically, but if there were an object,then perhaps it has been tracked for sometime,thus giving THEM time to come up with the cloud creating scenario to cover the launch,and give an explanation for any potential witness sightings?

Just letting my imagination loose a bit!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by scobro

Going by reports in the last day or so, there's either a few very busy UFO's, or maybe there are lots of them sitting right above us.

Yes, I also find it very strange that they were due to launch on 15th at 11.30 pm and we have lots of sightings of lights all over Glasgow. Then they launch on 19th, and there's lots of sightings all over the place, and what is being described and video filmed isn't anything like their test could ever produce.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

One just gone over liverpool now - travelling east !

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I wonder how many reports this guy created.
Can someone plot his course ?

Sky News story

"British explorer David Hempleman-Adams has broken two endurance world records in a tiny hot air balloon over the US."

"The 52-year-old spent 14 hours and 15 minutes in a capsule the size of a laundry basket as he flew more than 200m from Butler, in Missouri, to Cherokee, in Oklahoma."

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Did you see them]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
i'm not saying anything is or isn't because i did not witness the event but i do find it a bit odd that they go into how for this to occur as nasa states it needs to be right around sunrise as the sun must be below the horizon.

the launch took place at 7:46 sunset in Richmond VA was at 7:10 seems a little off to me.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Did you see them

big white orb almost like a tiny planet and all of a sudden this big ray came out of it. It was all white. 20:56:03 ALl of a sudden a beam came down and it was white and blueish and all of a sudden the sky sucked it up and just closed."

A star with a beam, oh thats a good one.
Rockets do that all time.
I don't see why people bother to report theses things.
They should by now from non official sources what stars and
beams and UFOs are all about.
So why tell them.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

It looks like a passing comet or a giant, luminous amoeba. But this was pure rocket science. The cloud was created by a Black Brant XII sounding rocket launched from NASA's Wallops Flight Facility in Virginia. The rocket released a cloud of electrically-charged aerosols near the top of Earth's atmosphere to investigate the formation of noctilucent clouds or "NLCs."

from spaceweather

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Dolby_X

Sure thats is exactly what the people in the video described.
A big fat ghost cloud in the sky going after pac man somewhere.
And still that time exposure of the very brighter than a star electrical
saucer craft forming a bright line in the sky.
Well the saucers now have HAARP capability to illuminate the sky.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I saw in this web site that born agains interpret this as a sign Jesus will be coming to rapture them

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Did you see them

"We were just walking and talking that sort of thing and I looked up into the sky. 20:50:42 There was like a big white orb almost like a tiny planet and all of a sudden this big ray came out of it. It was all white. 20:56:03 ALl of a sudden a beam came down and it was white and blueish and all of a sudden the sky sucked it up and just closed."

This is exactly what the video of the Black Brant rocket showed.

Some people will cry "alien" over anything.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
So....when it is something just weird where just a bunch of "UFO lunatics" witness the event...they officialy don't say nothing and it was just "chinese lanterns, baloons, venus light phenomena, from some "expert view".
But when tons of people see the event, start to call to everywhere, take shots and films...and it is impossible to racionaly negate the event "Hoo...it's just us...NASA...doing a secret test"!!
...Right... ... And i must be the santa also!...

[edit on 20/9/09 by Umbra Sideralis]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Did you see them

There was like a big white orb almost like a tiny planet and all of a sudden this big ray came out of it. It was all white. 20:56:03 ALl of a sudden a beam came down and it was white and blueish and all of a sudden the sky sucked it up and just closed."

Hmmm sounds a lot like THIS

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
redacted Dolby beat me to it

spaceweather.com...

The phones started ringing around 7:30 pm EDT on Saturday night, Sept. 19th. All along the US Atlantic seaboard, police stations and news desks received reports of strange lights in the sky. John A. Blackwell of Exeter, New Hampshire, snapped this picture of the phenomenon:

Seems NASA likes to stir the pot... all those man hours on the phone because most people were not informed...

Credit Neil Winston/Space Weather

[edit on 20-9-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Let's see..

Here is Black Brant XII sounding rocket/CARE Mission launch on Sept. 19 2009 recorded on video. NASA does these things.. it records its launches..

Lets check it out then..
The above video was from a distance observing the dispersing cloud.

Let's check out this one too. It is Black Brant XII sounding rocket/CARE Mission again but this time taken from the launchpad.

Now let's check what the witnesses who didn't recognize a launch at what they saw have said. Have in mind that witnesses ought to be inhabitants at this area so might be a bit familiar with previous NASA launches. It makes sense after all.

OP video: www.youtube.com...
First there was an orb like object
orb (or little planet)

a beam came out of it (probably facing to a downward direction from what I believe they said)

the sky sucked it up (disappeared)

At 0:28 to 0:39 there is your orb in the second (launchpad video) still no beam coming out of anything.

At 0:21 and onwards in the first video here is your "beam" played in several different timed sequences which it should be the dispersing cloud and you might say that the "sky ate it". Still no orb visible.

I would be careful though to let this to rest since these people there is a good chance they are familiar with launches, but not previously familiar with a cloud dispersing experiment. The object described as an "orb" or as "a little planet" is the real mystery here.

Also another problem is you can't both see the missile exhaust (orb) and the dispersing cloud (beam) at the same time. I believe it might be so because we are watching it from the video, but I don't really see at this situation how much different would be with the naked eye since it was a night event and launch after all.

My conspiratorial part says that if NASA would have to conduct a secret experiment at the same place with some spectacular events it would hide in in plain sight as it wouldn't have any other option. Perform it same time with an actual launch preferably with a peculiar, unobserved until then effect. It makes sense if they would, but did they?

[edit on 20-9-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This artwork or time exposure of fake has the white cloud and white
line in one image:

Will not show unless external linked.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Previous Barium Cloud Experiments

SOURCE NASA/LIFE

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Anyone finds it strange that for a Sept 19 2009 launch NASA at their info site has a 09/10/09 date posted?

Link leading to the info site: wfmz.com...
NASA info site: www.nasa.gov...

Also, what's a sounding rocket?

[edit on 20-9-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

Why would it be strange if they announced it ahead of time?

A sounding rocket, sometimes called a research rocket, is an instrument-carrying rocket designed to take measurements and perform scientific experiments during its sub-orbital flight. The origin of the term comes from nautical vocabulary, it refers to to sound, which means to throw a weighted line off of a ship to gauge the water's depth. It is intended here as taking a measurement.

en.wikipedia.org...

Google is your friend also save others time doing yer leg work

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This is a classic report

wfmz.com...

From Allentown and Bethlehem all the way to Berks county, everyone calling in described the same thing.

"We were just walking and talking that sort of thing and I looked up into the sky."

"There was like a big white orb almost like a tiny planet and all of a sudden this big ray came out of it. It was all white."

"All of a sudden a beam came down and it was white and blueish and all of a sudden the sky sucked it up and just closed.

>>REPORTER: Reports from Bethlehem to Berks County...

"I just keep thinking of the movie 'E.T.' "

>>REPORTER: Something unusual took place in the sky tonight.

"I would never have had time to take of picture of it. It just disappeared, the sky ate it."

>>REPORTER: So far, 69 news hasn't been able to obtain a picture... but we did get multiple witness reports.

We contacted the Lehigh Valley Airport and local communication centers and everyone said nothing was happening.

"A lot of times people hear of stuff like this and say oh it was a weather balloon or a shooting star? NO NO. It was not a shooting star and it was not a weather balloon."

>>REPORTER: One thing is for sure... tonight people are asking themselves, 'Do I believe?'

"I don't know if I believe in that sort of thing."

>>REPORTER: Some people have pointed out todays date... 9/19/09 as an odd coincidence.

Whether you believe in UFO's or not, the people who saw it agree, they've never seen anything like it before.

So much for eye witness reports and News media objectivity

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join