It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Experiment May Have Caused Strange Light That Was Seen In The Sky

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Video: www.youtube.com...

"NASA may have the answer to the light many people reported seeing in the sky tonight. According to the NASA website a rocket experiment that may shed light on the highest clouds in the Earth's atmosphere was conducted from NASA's Wallops Flight Facility in Virginia tonight. The experiment was launched on a NASA Black Brant XII Sounding Rocket. Viewers from all over our region called into 69 News tonight reporting a strange sight in the sky. From Allentown and Bethlehem all the way to Berks county...everyone calling in described the same thing.

"We were just walking and talking that sort of thing and I looked up into the sky. 20:50:42 There was like a big white orb almost like a tiny planet and all of a sudden this big ray came out of it. It was all white. 20:56:03 ALl of a sudden a beam came down and it was white and blueish and all of a sudden the sky sucked it up and just closed."

wfmz.com...

Can anyone add any further info to this report - like were does nasa come into it ?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
From CNN:

www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
While I was browsing 4chan earlier, I came upon this picture that may or may not be Photoshopped. I was going to start a new thread on it, but I don't have more than 20 posts yet. Hopefully this is legit. No video though. Almost looks like a streetlight, but what do I know? Can someone check if it is PS? Looks too good to be real from what I'm seeing. I need to say that this is NOT my own picture. (I merely saved it and am posting it here to get more qualified opinions on what it is, rather than depend on /b/'s attempt at critical thinking
.)

Seemed to coincide better with the NASA thing going on then look like I'm trying to hijack a thread.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
If this was the Noctilucent Cloud experiment then the capsule releasing the traces in question by NASA should have "expanded" and the cloud would have been visible for well over 30 minutes.
White orbs shooting beams and then imploding "sucking the sky with it" doesn't sound like a Rocket Launch to me.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by pointtech86

pointtech86, thanks for sharing: a long exposure shot of some helicopter with search lights on would be a good explanation for what we see in that picture, in my humble opinion

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Asking NASA to explain UFO's is like asking a snake to take care of your bird eggs.

Its beyond me why they are even asked.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Unfortunately they aren't explaining a UFO.

It is well and truly Identified and has been planned for some time.

Further reading:

www.nasa.gov...

wpdp.colorado.edu...

[edit on 20/9/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

How do you know that was what the object was?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

The date, time and location from the OP source match the launch date, time and location.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I only see a matching date when comparing the articles.

Look at it this way. Something happens in the sky and NASA wants to cover it up. They put up a article stating it was a rocket experiment. Where is the real evidence they are not lying about it?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

The experiment has been planned for quite some time though.

www.space.com...

So the NASA explanation isn't a knee jerk reaction.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Im sure there was a rocket experiment on that day.

Im just not sure that was what people saw.

A rocket experiment set to launch Tuesday aims to create artificial clouds at the outermost layers of Earth's atmosphere.

Doesnt sound like what people are describing in the video.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
since nasa knew that this experiment would "light up the sky", why wouldn't they have released a simple statement saying so?. with terrorists hijacking planes, still fresh in peoples minds, this type of announcement should be routine, so as to not alarm citizens.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Two things.

1. Check the space.com link I posted above.

2. Wallops Flight Facility has been launching rockets for 50 years.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

My son and I saw A very strange sight in the sky on 15/9/09, at 9.55pm,Tuesday night. The sky was cloudy, so we didn't see what was behind the clouds, but individual clouds were flashing on and off.

I was in my front room and my ears had that decompression feeling, and for some reason I got up and went through to the kitchen window, opened it and looked out. Almost immediately I saw big clouds light up and flash on and off. At first looked to me like Aurora Borealis, but then with the sequencing and spinning round effect it REALLY began to look like something from close encounters (the film), all that was missing was the horn scale musical stuff and the lack of colours.

I had called my teenage son from his room, he was playing his music and emailing friends. I was surprised he heard me calling him and came through. He must have heard the shocked tone in my voice. He is convinced there was a UFO above those clouds.

I have been looking at sprites and other solar system and atmospheric phenomenon as a possible cause for what we witnessed. And when I came across the nasa thing I did think that it may be a possibility, however I'm in Scotland. The launch at nasa was hours after we witnessed those clouds lighting up.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by maya27

Interesting stuff.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
reply to post by maya27

Interesting stuff.

That's an understatement. LOL

I don't really have the time to sit at the laptop alll day looking for stuff relating to all this, but I have spent a good few hours since Tuesday night looking for an explaination.

Now I have come across all this, and I am sooo busy trying to catch up with all the stuff I should have been doing.

If anyone comes across any other threads with any relevent info/witness reports, I would be grateful if you let me know. Cheers.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Asking NASA to explain UFO's is like asking a snake to take care of your bird eggs.

Its beyond me why they are even asked.

Where did you buy your "My Mind is Closed" T-shirt? Attitudes like yours are the main reason NASA folks hold UFO buffs in mocking contempt. Most of them are happy to talk and offer explanations, but why bother with people whose minds start out already made up?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
since nasa knew that this experiment would "light up the sky", why wouldn't they have released a simple statement saying so?. with terrorists hijacking planes, still fresh in peoples minds, this type of announcement should be routine, so as to not alarm citizens.

Where did you buy your "I'm ignorant but it's YOUR fault" T-shirt?

NASA did release this news in advance, it was even in a lot of papers.

Somehow YOU overlooked it.

They didn't come and knock on your front door to tell you?

Now you're blaming NASA?

Apologies will be accepted.

This problem is wider than this single event and seriously interferes with public understanding of a lot of space-related pseudo-UFOs. Let's look for a solution together.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The Noctilucent Clouds do look like the Aurora Borealis, except the differences in colour (and obviously conditions on how they form.) Noctilucent Clouds are Pearl Blue with occasional White tones to them along with effects such as swirls and ripples as they encounter extreme upper level winds.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join