It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence of the Bible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
In this thread, I will be posting on things I find that could be evidence of the bible. I consider evidence as anything supporting the historical events,person, place, things in the bible. Archeological evidence is something I will be highly looking for. I will look at one or more sites. And I will love anyone to post what they find. God bless

www.christiananswers.net...

The most documented Biblical event is the world-wide flood described in Genesis 6-9. A number of Babylonian documents have been discovered which describe the same flood.The Sumerian King List (pictured here), for example, lists kings who reigned for long periods of time. Then a great flood came. Following the flood, Sumerian kings ruled for much shorter periods of time. This is the same pattern found in the Bible. Men had long life spans before the flood and shorter life spans after the flood. The 11th tablet of the Gilgamesh Epic speaks of an ark, animals taken on the ark, birds sent out during the course of the flood, the ark landing on a mountain, and a sacrifice offered after the ark landed.

Go to the site to see tablet

Sumerian tablets record the confusion of language as we have in the Biblical account of the Tower of Babel (Genesis 11:1-9). There was a golden age when all mankind spoke the same language. Speech was then confused by the god Enki, lord of wisdom. The Babylonians had a similar account in which the gods destroyed a temple tower and “scattered them abroad and made strange their speech.”

More evidence by historical events

More examples of extra-Biblical confirmation of Biblical events

* Campaign into Israel by Pharaoh Shishak (1 Kings 14:25-26), recorded on the walls of the Temple of Amun in Thebes, Egypt.
* Revolt of Moab against Israel (2 Kings 1:1; 3:4-27), recorded on the Mesha Inscription.
* Fall of Samaria (2 Kings 17:3-6, 24; 18:9-11) to Sargon II, king of Assyria, as recorded on his palace walls.
* Defeat of Ashdod by Sargon II (Isaiah 20:1), as recorded on his palace walls.
* Campaign of the Assyrian king Sennacherib against Judah (2 Kings 18:13-16), as recorded on the Taylor Prism.
* Siege of Lachish by Sennacherib (2 Kings 18:14, 17), as recorded on the Lachish reliefs.
* Assassination of Sennacherib by his own sons (2 Kings 19:37), as recorded in the annals of his son Esarhaddon.
* Fall of Nineveh as predicted by the prophets Nahum and Zephaniah (2:13-15), recorded on the Tablet of Nabopolasar.
* Fall of Jerusalem to Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon (2 Kings 24:10-14), as recorded in the Babylonian Chronicles.
* Captivity of Jehoiachin, king of Judah, in Babylon (2 Kings 24:15-16), as recorded on the Babylonian Ration Records.
* Fall of Babylon to the Medes and Persians (Daniel 5:30-31), as recorded on the Cyrus Cylinder.
* Freeing of captives in Babylon by Cyrus the Great (Ezra 1:1-4; 6:3-4), as recorded on the Cyrus Cylinder.
* The existence of Jesus Christ as recorded by Josephus, Suetonius, Thallus, Pliny the Younger, the Talmud, and Lucian.
* Forcing Jews to leave Rome during the reign of Claudius (A.D. 41-54) (Acts 18:2), as recorded by Suetonius.

This part of the site list grave sites of people of the bible that the bible talks about. People use to not think these people existed. Without the bible we would not know that alive at one time.

Here is a list of biblical structures

Again more evidence that supports that the bible is historical true.

I found this book and it looks good, but looks can be wrong.

The Evidence Bible

www.livingwaters.com...

He goes to say things that seam truthful.

This site gives us understanding that the bible is reliable source of history and accuracy

home.earthlink.net...

This is tho not evidence gives you really good reasons to follow the true and the light.

www.bibleevidence.com...

Scientific Evidence of the bible, Tho we know these things now. The bible knew it long before we did.

www.carm.org...

www.clarifyingchristianity.com...

From site www.creatingfutures.net...

Archaeological Discoveries that confirm Biblical Accounts:
From the radio show "The Book and The Spade" by Gordon Govier and Keith Sohoville.
An inscription at a Roman theater in Caesarea Martima reading, "Pontius Pilate, prefect of Judea".

An inscription found in Northern Israel mentioning King David's dynasty. The inscription is the oldest reference to any Biblical figure outside the Bible.

The discovery of an ossuary, a stone box used for retaining bones of the deceased, inscribed with the name of Caiaphas, the high priest who presided over the trial of Jesus shortly before his crucifixion.

From the Jerusalem Christian Review
JERUSALEM - Israeli archeologists have uncovered a 1st century cave, in a suburb south of Jerusalem, which served as a tomb to a family of disciples of Jesus Christ.

The burial cave, carved in the mountainside, off the Kidron Valley, contained several coffins, with names engraved on their sides, as well as signs of the cross. These inscriptions identified the cave as the burial vault of the Barsabas family. This family is well known to us, since several of its members are mentioned in the book of Acts. The tomb remained hidden for nearly 2000 years.

Eminent Jerusalem Historian, Prof. Ory N. Mazar, states that "at least some members of this family were among the very first disciples of Christ."

Here Capernaum in the Bible
Great archaeological discoveries that confirm many statements about this city.

More scientific prove of the bible
www.newtestamentchurch.org...

Alot of people believe that the bible code is proof of the bible. IF you don't know what the bible code is. People believe that the bible has events of history and future on pages on the bible.

In any case. I hope that maybe some others can find good evidence to post about. And I would like to point out that there is a great number of evidence to prove that the bible is accurate with history. Naming people places, and events in history. Written by over 50 different writers, how can the bible be so accurate without the hand of God. And if its a accurate account of history how can it message be wrong.

God bless.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by slymattb]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

Josephus, the Jewish historian wrote about Jesus and this was outside of the bible.

The following passage appears in the Greek version of Antiquities of the Jews 18.63-64

3.3 Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man; for he was a doer of wonderful works, a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews and many of the Gentiles. He was [the] Christ. And when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men amongst us, had condemned him to the cross, those that loved him at the first did not forsake him; for he appeared to them alive again the third day; as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him. And the tribe of Christians, so named from him, are not extinct at this day.

Also in the Antiquities book 20 chapter 9 mentioning James, the brother of Jesus...

And now Caesar, upon hearing the death of Festus, sent Albinus into Judea, as procurator. But the king deprived Joseph of the high priesthood, and bestowed the succession to that dignity on the son of Ananus, who was also himself called Ananus. Now the report goes that this eldest Ananus proved a most fortunate man; for he had five sons who had all performed the office of a high priest to God, and who had himself enjoyed that dignity a long time formerly, which had never happened to any other of our high priests. But this younger Ananus, who, as we have told you already, took the high priesthood, was a bold man in his temper, and very insolent; he was also of the sect of the Sadducees, who are very rigid in judging offenders, above all the rest of the Jews, as we have already observed; when, therefore, Ananus was of this disposition, he thought he had now a proper opportunity. Festus was now dead, and Albinus was but upon the road; so he assembled the sanhedrin of judges, and brought before them the brother of Jesus, who was called Christ, whose name was James, and some others; and when he had formed an accusation against them as breakers of the law, he delivered them to be stoned: but as for those who seemed the most equitable of the citizens, and such as were the most uneasy at the breach of the laws, they disliked what was done; they also sent to the king, desiring him to send to Ananus that he should act so no more, for that what he had already done was not to be justified; nay, some of them went also to meet Albinus, as he was upon his journey from Alexandria, and informed him that it was not lawful for Ananus to assemble a sanhedrin without his consent. Whereupon Albinus complied with what they said, and wrote in anger to Ananus, and threatened that he would bring him to punishment for what he had done; on which king Agrippa took the high priesthood from him, when he had ruled but three months, and made Jesus, the son of Damneus, high priest.[58]

the "Emmaus narrative":

And he said to them, "What things?" And they said to him, "Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, a man who was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people, and how our chief priests and rulers delivered him up to be condemned to death, and crucified him. But we had hoped that he was the one to redeem Israel. Yes, and besides all this, it is now the third day since these things happened. ... Was it not necessary that the Christ should suffer these things and enter into his glory? And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he interpreted to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning himself. [56]

Three different books by Josephus and 3 times mentioning the same Jesus of the bible. This is from a Jew on the outside looking in.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Wow I thought this thread would get bigger? Lol God bless

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
And slybbb they also I think archeologist have gone over to sodom and Gomorrah.. and found villiages burned at 4,000 degrees and sulfer all over the buildings, in the walls...

and the walls of jericho were dug up and found that they were literally under the ground because the earth swalloed them up..

the true evidence will be after death when all souls lives are reviewed by God in front of every creature. And all the events in the bible are shown to us all.

can you imagine that? Every human to ever live will be standing in space at the judgement seat and everybody will witness their lives in review..! All our sins and all our good works..

good links slybb..

peace.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Does anyone know if we have found new scrolls of the bible to match with the others to see if we have accurate bible information.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Does anybody know about wars proven outside of the bible!

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I found some videos that I think help support the bible. Some of the videos I would like to know what some think of them. Do they or do they not support the bible. Please watch the videos and actual think if they prove the bible.

Scientific proof of the bible
ANCIENT DISCOVERIES Lost science of the bible
www.youtube.com...
I need to find the whole video, I saw it once and believe it was a good source of evidence in a way.

Historical Evidence of the bible
www.youtube.com...

Non-Christian evidence for Jesus
www.youtube.com...
This video is ok I want to know what you guys think

Non Biblical evidence as proof for Jesus Christ (1 of 4)
I think these videos are great
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Jesus: Evidence, ancient historical sources - Part 1 of 2
This videos use the gospels are proof of Jesus. Tho I know most would not use this are proof Jesus. I believe 4 witness of Jesus's life should be good of Evidence. At the end of the video he give 19 person of evidence that are outside of the bible
www.youtube.com...
Jesus: Evidence, ancient historical sources, Part II of II

Same type of Evidence

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Historical Evidence
Watch the whole video
www.youtube.com...

Archeological Evidence
Archaeological evidence for the bible?
www.youtube.com...

RECENT DISCOVERIES PROVE BIBLE STORIES
www.youtube.com...

Scientific discoveries prove the Bible is real history
www.youtube.com...

Archaeology: Digging for the Truth of the Bible
www.youtube.com...

The Bible & Archaeology _part 1
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
The Bible & Archaeology _part 4

Ok watching some of these videos I don't understand how some say there is no evidence that the bible is real. I state this again. The bible is a proven history book. If the bible is prove history book, how can its message be wrong. God bless

[edit on 5-10-2009 by slymattb]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Scientific proof of the Exodus is in the doc-film "The Exodus Decoded." The Naked Archaeologist guy is the one who did it and James Cameron directed it. It's an awesome film.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I was hopein this thread might get more post on evidence. God bles

new topics

top topics

join