It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foe lists: Are You Next?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I expect everyone has their own criteria for the friend/foe lists. And it sounds like some people are having trouble with the site. But, to me at least, 'foe' doesn't mean 'blood enemy'. Just means someone I am actively arguing with.

I suppose others treat it as a competition like who can get the most friends on Twitter or something. I like to be liked as much as the next person, but I'm just not interested in making it a competition.

Foes get a red bar on their name in the thread. So, I simply use the foes list just to give me a visual clue that here is a post from someone I have an ongoing disagreement with. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't even always do that anymore, and every once in a while I am tempted to clean them off the list when the thread has gone cold. But then just about the time I think about doing that, they come back with something I deem silly in another thread, so it stays.

My Friends on the other hand tend to be people that tend to argue the same point of view as me across a variety of topics. Doesn't mean I always agree with them, just that in general we are on the same wavelength.

I don't think you should use your friends/foes ratios or whatever as a proxy for validation or condemnation of your thoughts. I think you should honestly reflect what you are thinking about the topics under discussion and take both your props and your knocks with grace.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Yeah, I think it's kinda silly to designate people as your enemy on ATS. You can ignore them, disagree with them or hail them as an arch nemesis!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I agree, OP, I don't get the foe thing either. I'm always kind and considerate to people and I still managed to get two foes and no friends so far.
It is a downer to get a mail that you are foe. But I try not to dwell on it. After all, they don't really know me, do they?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Wouldn't a better option be to actually ask those people adding you as a foe, why they have added you as a foe, rather then start a whole new, and imo rather pointless thread that takes up bandwidth for the sites server?

I dunno, just throwing it out there..don't add me as a foe.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join