It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foe lists: Are You Next?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HulaAnglers

I found this comment on the profile page made by the one of the people you mentioned.

"if you are not on there it is possible that "skynet" has been thinking for me which it sometimes does.
i have a multitude of friends and foes it has picked for me without asking my input."

May be just a computer glitch as that person seems to indicate.

The other one you mentioned even "foe'd" themselves. LOL.

I only have one foe and I actually respect their opinion and look forward to their postings. I don't always agree but they certainly argue their points well.

Anybody else that I reaaaaaalllly don't like just gets put on ignore. That's a pretty short list too but I reserve it for people who argue poorly using tactics from the verbally abusive, manipulate, controller handbook.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by whitewave]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

Try arguing against things like 9/11 CD theories. It's where half my foes came from. Even though I haven't argued with either of them.
The other two are atheists that didn't like it when I told them religion doesn't cause evil that instead humanity causes evil.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

Maybe I will cause some trouble in the 9/11 threads then. Might be interesting lol

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Be prepared to be called every name they can think of. And foed because you are "intentionally ignorant" as one fellow tried to tell me based of a single post of disagreement that was minus any response from him.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Don't sweat it. I would guess the majority of those people are either on heavy meds or need to be. Guess I'll be foed now too.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Well it has stopped, I went onto each of the persons page that foe'd me and politely asked each of them for an explaination, and not one coward would step up and say. Figures.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I love getting foed

It makes me all warm and fuzzy

All but one of my foes hasnt even talked to me so I dont know how that works by the way

[edit on 2/10/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Yeah, I think I have like, two foes or something. I don't even know how they ended up adding me. Maybe I offended them or got on their nerves when posting my typically bad posts of lighthearted humour.

Foe list? More like faux list!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

LOl your avatar is kind of annoying like a father in bad need of anger management...it was always fun to read your funny comments! Very impressed with your brain since I found out your age! I will add you on my friend list

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Here's a recent example I got foe'd and told I wasn't very nice because I disagreed with him and kept attempting to get him to stop constantly ad homming me without ad homming back.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
I love getting foed

All warm and fuzzy, eh?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
I love getting foed

All warm and fuzzy, eh?

Yeah

Like a stroke

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Like a stroke?! We can't have that. Then all the crazy chemtrailers will roam free at ATS.

Now where is that "friend" button...

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by HulaAnglers
reply to post by Whine Flu

LOl your avatar is kind of annoying like a father in bad need of anger management...it was always fun to read your funny comments! Very impressed with your brain since I found out your age! I will add you on my friend list

Yay! A friend!

It's quite warming that there's someone impressed with my brain. The last person that was had a creepy demeanor and got arrested for cannibalism.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The way I see it friends are people whos threads are ones you want to catch because they are informative and interesting.

Foes are for people who I disagree with but I respect there position (even if I think it's wrong). These would be people who have made me think about my own beliefs.

I use the ignore button for people who are dicks and are constantly trolling.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I have no foes. I have had some annoying discourse with a few people at ATS, and in the end, if they piss me off enough, I ignore them. Also I have ignored people who drivel on uselessly about nothing, or who clearly possess no intellect at all. But I would not choose to consider them foes. Certainly not worthy adversaries.

I don't understand having ATS foes, unless you have someone on ATS to whom your opinions are diametrically opposed and you want to keep track of his posts so you can argue good-naturedly with him.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Why do people make you a foe? I think they do so because they are the most ignorant people on ATS. These people are not interested in hearing other people's opinions. They are simply here to spread their own dogma and doctrine and flame anyone who doesn't agree with them. Their motto is, "ignorance is bliss".

I've had people add me as a foe and they offer no explanation as to why they did it.
I personally don't believe in having enemies, therefore I'm left with no choice but to make them a friend.
Deny hatred and ignorance.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
I've had people add me as a foe and they offer no explanation as to why they did it.
I personally don't believe in having enemies, therefore I'm left with no choice but to make them a friend.
Deny hatred and ignorance.

I have people who have Foed me and I don't recognize any of them. I looked each one up and I have never debated or discussed anything with them. But I was worthy of Foeness. I have nobody on mine. After a debate is done I let it go.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Space Cadet, I was once "foed" by a member, out of the blue.
(And get this: I was the ONLY "foe" on that persons' profile!)
I could not remember ever interacting with the person at all. But I didn't give it much thought, so I never asked why.

A few days after I had noticed it, I received a private message from that person: it turned out s/he didn't know how I ended up on the "foe" list, because s/he had never marked anyone as a "foe".

It had been a glitch, pure and simple.

BTW, if you ask me, the whole concept of "foes" is utterly ridiculous and unnecessary.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   

That's a good one!

I wish I could give you a star.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Could also be that they are using Interclue a plug in for firefox

That's good to know - thanks!

Maybe that's what caused the "glitch" I talked about in my previous post.

BTW, do you think CoolIris could have the same effect?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join