It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foe lists: Are You Next?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
How do I sign up for THAT job?

[edit on 23-9-2009 by KSPigpen]

Just be the most racist, homophobic and ignorant person on here.
Don't listen to anyone and just insult everyone and have no decency whatsoever.

There is a waiting list though....

What special skills do you have?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

It didn't bother me at all,I was just a little surprised.I figure if someone
is picking on me,they are leaving someone else alone.Since I am
woman enough to handle it bring it on!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

That's the spirit.... down let 'em get to ya.
Chin up and all that.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Wow, I haven't even been on here in 3 days and there they are again, more new 'foes'. WTF, I didn't have any foes on here, and wham! I got'em coming out of my ears, I have to wonder now is something else going on here??? Quite honestly I am getting some now from members who I truly respect and have had no negative conversations with, matter of fact I have commended this last one on several occasions!

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

It seems to me it's happening to anyone who's posted here on your thread.

In other words I'm getting foe'd too lol.

So it's all your fault and you're now my FOE!

Naw, you're my hero hun, keep up the good work!

peace

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Really? Everyone is getting foed that is posting here?

That is so juvenile! I am now inclined to believe this may have all started after I posted on a thread involving religion, JW to be exact. I may even be dealing with some people I actually met while they held their convention here. Tell ya more later. This is just flabergasting to me though, I thought even the kids on here were more wise and mature than this!

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
reply to post by silo13

Really? Everyone is getting foed that is posting here?

Well, we can test that... let's see if I end up on a Foe list, for posting here. As of right now, I'm not on anyone's list Friend or Foe, so it's a clean slate for your theory!

On topic though, my thought is this: If I'm not on a list at some point, than I may not be contributing, debating, or otherwise presenting an argument worthy of note. Foe's and Friend's lists just serve to strengthen the notion that your input has weight. Some will agree and some will not and the world goes round...

ETA: additionally, since the lists are available, I am glad that they can be viewed by both parties (and the whole board.) What's the use of someone just throwing you on "Ignore" (if that were an option) Isn't that a bit passive-aggressive and closed minded?

An "Ignore" button would allow someone to totally disregard opinion (by eliminating the option of having to read the ignored person's post) and that's not the makings for a good debate environment!

[edit on 29-9-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
frankly i am not vain enough to care whos foe list i make, and will add people at a whim.

in fact i think their should be an award for the most hated person on ats.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I tnink it means we haven't progressed far past the playground.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Did you get on yahn goodey's foe list? He's been acting as though I don't even exist for years. I'm jealous.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
One is not best known for who their friends are.

They are best known by who their foes are.

In life I find that I am proud of the foes I've accumulated. None of them are the type of people I'd want to like me.

[edit on 2009/9/29 by Aeons]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Awesome lol, you should also pm some of the people about it. I once got foe'd and the person didnt even know why they did it lol.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
I even had a 'friend' make me in to a foe today.

oh the shame. what a slap in the face. betrayed by my OWN friend.

Ett Too BrooTay?

I'm sorry my friend. I was wrong to judge you.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I only foe'd one person since I've been here. The only reason I foe'd that person was because every time I encountered one of their posts it was clear they were politically biased and motivated in every way, shape, and form. None of their arguments used any thought or reason. They just attacked one party and defended the other, no matter what thread they were in or what the topic was. The reason I foe'd them is because I wanted their Avatar to light up to remind me not to buy into any of their propaganda in the future. I didn't want to ignore them because I didn't want to walk into a conversation and get blindsided and confused about what was going on. I used it as a tool so I wouldn't inadvertently get brainwashed one day.

I have since removed the foe. I don't have anything against the person and don't want anyone looking at my foe list to see who the person is.

I wish there would be another option for marking the comments given by certain people that wouldn't be public knowledge. Just something to alert us to use caution when reading someone's posts.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Ooooo, avatars light up? Now, that would be a reason to start adding Friends and Foes ... pretty lights.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Well actually, maybe not the avatar. But there's some kind of visual indicator that gets your attention.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Surprisingly no one has added me as a foe to date. Even though I am sure my avatar and both of my Custom Titles are sure to offend someone. I am sure I have blatantly insulted someone on a thread at some point or another too. Or maybe even called someone an idiot for not believing as I do. (HUSH! we all do it at some point whether we admit to it or not!) lol.

In any case, Five Finger Death Punch has a perfect quote for the foe list

"Hope I'm on the list of people that you hate"

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

Try arguing against things like 9/11 CD theories. It's where half my foes came from. Even though I haven't argued with either of them.
The other two are atheists that didn't like it when I told them religion doesn't cause evil that instead humanity causes evil.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by space cadet

It seems to me it's happening to anyone who's posted here on your thread.

In other words I'm getting foe'd too lol.

So it's all your fault and you're now my FOE!

Naw, you're my hero hun, keep up the good work!

peace

Anyone posting in this thread, huh??

Can't wait...........

Peace

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The exact same thing happened to me by members that joined the same day as the foe U2U arrived. Who ever one of them was has ties to ATS it was too obvious on the post and by the comment. This made me believe that a member created an alias just to curse me out. That member got a lot of points knocked off for extreme T&C but never came back.

There's no way to get rid of them either. I dont like that part.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join