It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foe lists: Are You Next?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

*laughs* I wish I could give you a star. Just for that I won't foe you.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I had a foe delivery sometime last week I think. I didn't even know it existed until then.
I thought at the time - oh someone doesn't like me- to which I concluded is probably a good thing.

Seems to me there should be an explanation from the foe-er to the foe-ee for the foe delivery.
Tell me what specifically made you want to make me your foe.

Otherwise - I don't see the point.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The only foes worth having are the "hordes" of "galloping" ignorance with their mouse cursor poised over the "Ban" button.

They won't show up in your list.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Over the last 4 months, four people have "foed" me. It didn't both me a whit, but I was curious, as I didn't recall any interaction with them -- adverse or otherwise. Each time, I sent a U2U -- mildly humorous and asking for clarification.

Each time, the person replied and indicated that they didn't intend to "foe" me, and didn't know how it happened. Turns out all four were accidental clicks and each person was glad to have been contacted.

So, of course, having fumbly mousely behavior myself, I check my own foes every so often to make sure it's still and empty list.

I agree with an earlier person(s) who said that every time they find a person whom they might consider for "respected foe", they also turn out to be more of a friend. I think if the term were changed to "respected debater" or some such, it might be used more like I think it is intended. As it sits, I have no use whatsoever for the feature, aside from an occasional entertainment factor.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Indeed, whatever mate! I have complied fully with ATS's TOS when exercising this option. The same option available to any other member including yourself. If ATS did not want me to use this option, they would not have made it available. If you find some violation in the use of that option, by all means report it.

Now you've just heard from about 20 other members on this thread who have told you of the insignificance of the foes charge. You have agreed to it being insignificant. There is nothing else I or anyone else can do for you. I am NOT going to send you any personal messages. What would be the point of that? You can count on me to continue adhering to my TOS agreement should I have to deal with you in the future. But really, for the life of me, I can see no logical reason to discuss anything about this any further. The deed is done it's all history now. Nothing more to discuss, good by!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
So someone marked you as a foe...

Why does it matter? Ignore it and move on.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
hey OP,
was the person that "foe'd" you have the initials of YG?
if so, it's just religious fanaticism. (and sorry i haven't read one post in this thread)
u2u me if i'm right. i need a good laugh.
i got the same thing because i posted something to the effect that "love is love" in a gay marriage thread... hahaha...

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I have 2 foes myself, that no longer have activity here on ATS. They foe'd me because I told them that people could not harness powers like they see in cartoons. They claimed to have seen their friends could do this and I politely told them that it was highly impossible. Next thing i know, 2 u2u's with foe notifications!

He disagreed with me so strongly that he got his friend to foe me too, and his friend never even posted a thread!

On another note cadette, I will friend you because i like your avatar

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Look outside the box. Why else would you get a weird message from someone you haven't talked to.

Happened to me as well, except I contacted the person who supossedly foed me. They were as confused as I was.

Do you believe in Cubicle Spooks?

Eye of Eagle

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I've had 2 foe me, I aksed them why, especially since i had never posted to any of their threads or in any thread they were posting in. 1 never responded and removed the foe, the other a "self proclaimed scholar", never bothered explaining, of course after looking at their profile I can understand because a self proclaimed scholar is just that "self proclaimed"

I nearly choked on the laughter after seeing "scholar" and looking at the nick, sorry self interest in oneself does not a scholar make

It bothers me non at all, even though when in a bad mood I ill go to look at my foe list and get a good laugh to cheer me up
edit to add: Do you think I should friend this person for being able to pick me up on a bad day?

[edit on 20/9/2009 by Pappa_Bear]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Well I logged on tonight and had 2 more u2u's from admin telling me I have been 'foed' by nosred and some person who's id is a bunch of numbers. WTH. I am not going to get worked up about it, just wondering what is going on that I am suddenly getting these from admin, and why am I getting foed by these people I haven't talked with????

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet just wondering what is going on that I am suddenly getting these from admin, and why am I getting foed by these people I haven't talked with????

Those always come trough admin... but I think Scooby was right, if someone else with 'space' in their name gets foed it picks up on everyone...

I just post one of these in the profile of those who Foe me... like anyone would

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Not quite sure how to see who's foes list I am on. I am taking a lot of heat for my Atheist views... a christian just sent me a U2U with the subject "piss off"

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
And you actually believe that person is a "christian right?" I didn't agree with your thread but I'm not going to foe you for it. Remember lots of people call themselves christians, heck, even Obama said he was a christian, judge a person by their actions and not by their claims.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
And you actually believe that person is a "christian right?" I didn't agree with your thread but I'm not going to foe you for it. Remember lots of people call themselves christians, heck, even Obama said he was a christian, judge a person by their actions and not by their claims.

I told them their response was not very Christian and they said they are still working on turn the other cheek. Their name is also bible related. Seems to me they are a Christian, they just had a bit of a slip.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by useless eaters

EDITED because a picture says a thousand words.......

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/45cabe55643c.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 21/9/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I am a newbie to ATS and I still make a lot of mistakes.Several
members,are very skilled in posting replies and threads.Some of
us aren't as skilled and we get "punished" by more seasoned members.

I have had 2 members add me to their foe list,I have never heard of
these members before.I have made a few members my foes after
some kind of altercation on a thread.One member,I'm not even
allowed to read his threads.

People are too quick to judge others and make rash decisions.We
should ALL remember,we had to start somewhere!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The ATS owners should create a "flush the toilet" option for users that receive "FOE" notices. We should have the option of flushing down the cyber pipe those user names who choose to contact us with this tripe! Once flushed, they cannot contact you again. Ignore them in the mean time!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

I have had 2 members add me to their foe list,I have never heard of
these members before.I have made a few members my foes after
some kind of altercation on a thread.

There are quite a few petty and immature people on ATS unfortunately.
But i wouldn't let it get to you.

I have 2 foes (they foe'd me... i have never foe'd anyone)...one is literally the most abhorrent person on ATS and the other I've never heard of or spoken to.

Just don't worry.

It usually means you've done something right or won an argument if someone foe's you...
Or they're just a petty and strange person.

But either way, Not your problem is it?

[edit on 23/9/09 by blupblup]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

If it's something in the water, SC, we must be drinking from the same terlit.

I even had a 'friend' make me in to a foe today.

oh the shame. what a slap in the face. betrayed by my OWN friend.

Ett Too BrooTay?

one is literally the most abhorrent person on ATS

How do I sign up for THAT job?

[edit on 23-9-2009 by KSPigpen]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join