It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foe lists: Are You Next?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

No, I don't have a problem with you. I have complied with ATS's TOS in every one of my posts on this thread. My reason for posting had nothing to do with you. You were the one who involved yourself. You were given a foes mark because I don't like you. I fail to see what your trying to accomplish here? Why do you want to hang around me? Are you begging me to remove you from my foes list? Why are you so offended at the prospect of me not liking you? Do you feel if you keep nagging me I somehow change my decision and start liking you? What do you want from me?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by useless eaters

/Facepalm

Whatever mate, you aren't making any sense to me. I came into this thread to comment on Foes as it's something that I have had a niggling thought about for a few months now. You, for whatever bizarre reason, chose to equate my first post in this thread with me stalking you. No offense mate, but from my position, if anything, it is you who are stalking me.

I am hearing "It puts the lotion on it's skin" playing in my head now. This is actually a little creepy.

Like I said before mate, let's not air this here eh? It's not the place for it. Not quite sure what is so hard to comprehend there.....so I will make the first move by promising not to mention it here again. Sound good?

/backs away slowly

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
For pity's sake...I'm going to "foe" you both on principle if you don't knock it off.

Now where were we...oh yeah, there's lot's of reasons to "foe" someone - or not. Just as there's lots of reasons to "friend" someone - or not.

And maybe we need a third option as well.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

A foe a day keeps the doctor away!

Nah, that doesn't really work.....umm....

A Foe's work is never done! Actually I like the sound of that.....

/shakes head, comes back to reality, realises reality sux, decides to go play World of Warcraft......

EDIT: Just had a thought for a third option: Friends, Foes and Dunno.

[edit on 20/9/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Some people just do it for the thrill of it.

I couldnt be bothered with my worse enemy.....they should do away with that SILLY thing. If someone doesnt like us, go elsewhere is how i feel.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Odd, I just pick one up today. I'll U2U them and see if this was intended.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I could care less about the popularity contest on this forum called the Friend & Foe system. There's other things i think i should be spending my time on than wondering why someone might have disagreed me and added me to their foe list. it kinda make's me laugh tho i must admit.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Wouldn't the "dunno" option be pretty much everyone else not on your friend or foe list?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

True, I think it sounded better in my head where I could associate funny images to it.

Let me see now....

Friends, Foes and The Unexplainable.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9bdc73a74329.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Perhaps he late to a prom or marriage so stole a UPS van and brought along a sowing machine incase he ripped his tux, then wrecked?

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
I have suddenly gotten an influx of u2u's that is informing me that I am now (fill in the blank)'s foe. I haven't spoke to or debated with any of these people who are placing me on their foe list. I am wondering what did I do to get on them, and why all of the sudden is this happening? I don't want to believe that it is because I recently posted on a 911 thread that was asking why people ridicule 911 believers, but I swear, I think that is why. Any of you out there getting the same?

Let's try to see the postive side of it
at least people did notice you!

I'm a foe of 1 person only, that's untill now. Wouldn't take it too personal, there are simply a lot of people who have:

1) long toes, easy to step on.
2) rigid minds, easy to offend.
3) narrow minds, easy to hurt.

Just go about your own way, nobody can be friends with everybody even when you wish too. Understanding has to come from both sides

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I always friend people who add me as their foe.

That's my method of action. It works so well for me.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I am so sorry Space Cadet that you got your feelings hurt. Like you I noticed I have a foe and it hurt me too because I've never talked to that person. I have a complete list of every comment Ive ever made, and I know I have never spoken to my foe. It 's silly to get hurt but like you, I did too. Negative things always spoil your day. Again......Im sorry you were hurt by any ATS members actions.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I think that it looks like some people register "foe", when they come across someone with different views that they simply consider to be alien to themselves, someone with views that they cannot comprehend will ever correspond with their own.

"That person thinks differently.
That person sees the world a different way.
That person lives so far away from my point in reality, that they will never see things my way."

I try to see a person who has their own mind.
I see someone who isn't afraid to speak up.
I see someone like me, who is willing and able to discuss and debate the issue at hand, and who maybe, (hopefully) will be able to adjust their own position, according to the evidence presented to them.
And, I don't see that as weakness...
I see that as strength, because they have listened, and learned, and grown, and they are now in a more informed place.

To "Foe" is to close yourself down to discussion, debate and reason.
To "foe" is to encourage ignorance of the other persons viewpoint, opinion and rationale.
We should not be encouraging ignorance.

Deny Ignorance.

Promote discussion, debate and learning.

Peace,
G

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
ATS is great place to grow some!

Emotional intelligence can be developed through the "ropes"

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Ya, I dont get it, someone foed me and I was suprised, I checked post history and nothing was the same, so I message and even though they read no response. I guess some people are just bitter that other people can hold their own opinions.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
This thread is ridiculous! welcome to my Foe list!!

-kidding

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
A respected foe is supposed to be someone who you don't agree with, but like their style. In a nutshell. It is kinda like, I like disagreeing with you. You can respect the arguments and points they make.

If someone is rampant foeing. Yes, I made up my own word, so foe me, then they are just doing that, rampant foeing. I don't have any foes but my ignore list seems to be getting longer.

Now if someone ignores you, um they really don't like you.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat
Could also be that they are using Interclue a plug in for firefox
It happened to me a while back started getting friends and foes
from leaving the courser on recent posts and scrolling down the page while reading and the button is in direct line with friend/foe area and if it lingers over it for a over a few seconds , poof new friend or foe.

So that's how I ended up with someone on my foes list. I've never intentionally foe'd anyone and felt kinda bad when I realized someone had somehow been put on it anyway.

As for being on someone else's list, I've had people put me on and take me off their list a few times. I'm on two right now I think, or at least I was last time I looked. Some have added me as a virtual middle-finger up I'm sure, but it doesn't bother me much regardless of their reasoning. If it's someone I've debated with I take it to mean I must have done something right to either a.) be respected by them or b.) have annoyed them so much they clicked the foe button to try to annoy me.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

LOL I think that you're secretly a Foe-er who likes Foe-ing.
You probably think that it's foe-tastic to wind up your foes by foe-ning them up and heavy breathing !! lol
Personally, I think that it may be a government cover up, Foe-strogens in the food chain? Feminising us men.... I could cry!
Of course it could all be as a result of ill prepared Foe-ster parents?
Yeah, I know... I've taken it too far!

G

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join