It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Re: "Alternative Topics" Firehose

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Is the "Alternative Topics" Firehose supposed to display every newly thread posted to ATS?

I'm would like to skim over the tittles of new threads being posted and thought I was doing so but I'm noticing brand new topics that show up in the "Breaking Alternative News" column of "My ATS" that are not on the "Alternative Topics" Firehose page.

For instance:
NASA launches rocket, dozens report strange lights
posted on 19-9-2009 @ 23:26
This thread is in the general forum group.

However I did a text search for "nasa" at 23:45 on the "Alternative Topics" Firehose page just to make sure I didn't miss it and it is not there despite the oldest listed thread being posted 12 hours earlier.

Am I misinterpreting what the "Alternative Topics" Firehose page is for? If so is there a way to glimpse every newly posted thread?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

The ats firehose displays all new topics and the news firehose displays all the new alternative breaking news topics.

All new threads created are aslo displayed on the bottom right of the page when you are viewing a thread under the "Newest Threads" title.

Another option of real time new thread updates is the ATS RSS Feeds, which displays all new threads in most of the ATS topics. I created a thread here about the ATS RSS Feed system here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scooby Doo
reply to post by dainoyfb

The ats firehose displays all new topics and the news firehose displays all the new alternative breaking news topics.

So I guess the "Alternative Topics" Firehose isn't working properly then. To bad, it seemed like exactly what I was looking for.

new topics

join