It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA launches rocket, dozens report strange lights

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by childzies

This is a very good example of how, when people observe something out of their experience, will tend to filll in the blanks according to their preconceptions. No, it doesn't look anything like a planet. No, it doesn't look anything like a laser beam. Any yet, those are the descriptions we hear.

BTW, there was nothing secret or surprise about this launch. The fact that the media didn't find it interesting until people called in with reports is not at all surprising. I, and a few others, knew about it and did it interesting (for different reasons).
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9/20/2009 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kingswillquiver

I'm sure people near Wallops heard it? People all along the east coast see shuttle launches, do they hear them too?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
According to NASA;

Rocket Experiment
•Chemical Release (280 km Altitude, 111 kg)

wpdp.colorado.edu...

They released the CHEMICALS at 176 miles above earth. Isn't the
edge of space at something like 150 miles.

Also. Who gave them the right to pollute the atmosphere?

Also, look at NASA's launch schedule.

NASA's Shuttle and Rocket Launch Schedule

A variety of vehicles, launch sites on both U.S. coasts, shifting dates and times... the NASA Launch Schedule is easy to decipher by checking out our Launch Schedule 101 that explains how it all works!

Updated -- Sept. 18, 2009 - 8 p.m. EDT
Legend: + Targeted For | * No Earlier Than (Tentative) | ** To Be Determined

2009 Launches

Date: Sept. 23 *
Mission: STSS Demonstrators Program - Missile Defense Agency
Launch Vehicle: United Launch Alliance Delta II
Launch Site: Cape Canaveral Air Force Station - Launch Complex 17, Pad B
Description: STSS Demonstrators Program is a midcourse tracking technology demonstrator and is part of an evolving ballistic missile defense system. STSS is capable of tracking objects after boost phase and provides trajectory information to other sensors. To be launched by NASA for the Missile Defense Agency.

Date: Oct. 31 +
Mission: Ares I-X Flight Test
Launch Vehicle: Ares I-X
Launch Site: Kennedy Space Center - Launch Pad 39B
Description: The Ares I-X flight test is NASA's first test for the Agency's new Constellation launch vehicle -- Ares I. The Ares I-X flight will provide NASA with an early opportunity to test and prove flight characteristics, hardware, facilities and ground operations associated with the Ares I.

Date: Nov. 12 +
Mission: STS-129
Launch Vehicle: Space Shuttle Atlantis
Launch Site: Kennedy Space Center - Launch Pad 39A
Launch Time: 4:22 p.m. EST
Description: Space shuttle Atlantis will deliver components including two spare gyroscopes, two nitrogen tank assemblies, two pump modules, an ammonia tank assembly and a spare latching end effector for the station's robotic arm to the International Space Station.

Date: Dec. 7 *
Mission: Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE)
Launch Vehicle: Delta II 7320
Launch Site: Vandenberg Air Force Base - SLC 2
Launch Time: 6:10 – 6:23 a.m. PST
Description: This mission will survey the entire sky in the mid-infrared with far greater sensitivity than any previous mission or program ever has. The WISE survey will consist of over a million images, from which hundreds of millions of astronomical objects will be cataloged.

www.nasa.gov...

Notice, it was updated Sept 18th. The day before the launch. Why wasn't the launch on the schedule?

The official story is full of holes, as usual.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by kingswillquiver]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

The same people that gave you the right to pollute the atmosphere with the electricity you consume and the car you drive. Only the 250 pounds of dust is going to be spread very thin by the time it reaches the lower atmosphere.

The launch was delayed because of weather. No point in launching if it couldn't be observed.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The ISS orbits at an altitude of approximately 350 kilometres (220 mi) above the surface of the Earth

spaceflight.nasa.gov...

Let me get this right.

NASA launches a rocket that no one heard that flies to an altitude approximately equal to where the space station is flying and releases a dust that immediately falls back to earth.

Is the Space Station not in 0 (zero) gravity orbit around earth. How could dust fall back to earth as the video suggests.

Have you ever questioned the government?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

The ISS is not in "0 gravity" (there is no such thing). It is in orbit, traveling at about 18,000mph around the Earth. Anything which is traveling slower than that will fall to Earth.

Have you ever read a book?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingswillquiver
According to NASA;

Rocket Experiment
•Chemical Release (280 km Altitude, 111 kg)

wpdp.colorado.edu...

They released the CHEMICALS at 176 miles above earth. Isn't the
edge of space at something like 150 miles.

Also. Who gave them the right to pollute the atmosphere?

Also, look at NASA's launch schedule.

NASA's Shuttle and Rocket Launch Schedule

A variety of vehicles, launch sites on both U.S. coasts, shifting dates and times... the NASA Launch Schedule is easy to decipher by checking out our Launch Schedule 101 that explains how it all works!

Updated -- Sept. 18, 2009 - 8 p.m. EDT
Legend: + Targeted For | * No Earlier Than (Tentative) | ** To Be Determined

2009 Launches

Date: Sept. 23 *
Mission: STSS Demonstrators Program - Missile Defense Agency
Launch Vehicle: United Launch Alliance Delta II
Launch Site: Cape Canaveral Air Force Station - Launch Complex 17, Pad B
Description: STSS Demonstrators Program is a midcourse tracking technology demonstrator and is part of an evolving ballistic missile defense system. STSS is capable of tracking objects after boost phase and provides trajectory information to other sensors. To be launched by NASA for the Missile Defense Agency.

Date: Oct. 31 +
Mission: Ares I-X Flight Test
Launch Vehicle: Ares I-X
Launch Site: Kennedy Space Center - Launch Pad 39B
Description: The Ares I-X flight test is NASA's first test for the Agency's new Constellation launch vehicle -- Ares I. The Ares I-X flight will provide NASA with an early opportunity to test and prove flight characteristics, hardware, facilities and ground operations associated with the Ares I.

Date: Nov. 12 +
Mission: STS-129
Launch Vehicle: Space Shuttle Atlantis
Launch Site: Kennedy Space Center - Launch Pad 39A
Launch Time: 4:22 p.m. EST
Description: Space shuttle Atlantis will deliver components including two spare gyroscopes, two nitrogen tank assemblies, two pump modules, an ammonia tank assembly and a spare latching end effector for the station's robotic arm to the International Space Station.

Date: Dec. 7 *
Mission: Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE)
Launch Vehicle: Delta II 7320
Launch Site: Vandenberg Air Force Base - SLC 2
Launch Time: 6:10 – 6:23 a.m. PST
Description: This mission will survey the entire sky in the mid-infrared with far greater sensitivity than any previous mission or program ever has. The WISE survey will consist of over a million images, from which hundreds of millions of astronomical objects will be cataloged.

www.nasa.gov...

Notice, it was updated Sept 18th. The day before the launch. Why wasn't the launch on the schedule?

The official story is full of holes, as usual.

did they change the date of the rocket they were shooting at the moon in october? i didnt see it on the list.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Weather balloons? Swamp gas? Around a launch site... Highly unlikley. Sounds Like a genuine ufo sighting!

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Chovy]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
My daily routine goes like this: Wake up. Stretch. Start Coffee. Boot Computer. Quick Shower. Coffe+milk+sugar+cup. Enjoy ceilingfan wind on recently showered body+drink coffee+smoke Marlboro+read news on CNN, Google, State, KHOU (Houston), Chron.com (Also Houston).

These news sources are my primer. As I live right around the corner from NASA, we usually hear alot of the hype. I've actually heard development rumors about a cloud-maker. Had something to do with a spin-off project that came when investigating hurricanes. I read about it on either Google or CNN, then saw it again on one of the local stations. I don't think there's anything big here. Most of what's on the NASA site is concerned with either Houston or Canaveral-type things. Virginia, though... didn't realize NASA had a presence there. Still, it made me realize that there are a lot of people looking up. Nobody in Virginia started a post on this. We must establish the presence of ATS throughout the state!

Where there is NASA, there must also be ATS.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
So let me get this straight...

Any time a foreign power... ally or enemy... launches rockets into the atmosphere unannounced, what is the first thing we do with our American arrogance? We condemn the actions and begin lots of politically enraged rhetoric trying to belittle the opposing nation whilst we make asses of ourselves. But we launch some rocket roughly 173 miles into the air and there is ..... nothing!?

For example, N. Korea tries launching a rocket for its 'Space Program' (lets not get into semantics as to what it really is as we are arguing in this thread whether or not NASA was trying to study clouds, just going with N. Koreas Official Story here) and we (US, Japan, UK, and co.) begin a series of more sanctions and more fiery rhetoric.

news.bbc.co.uk...

How is it that no one is stepping up and pointing the finger at us like we are some sort of disobedient puppy saying "No, United States! Bad, bad boy!"

This article makes it sound like no one questions what the US does which we all know is utter crap, we get challenged in the UN constantly over situations like the wars in the Middle East and our hardline approach we have to foreign policy. Looks like Teddy's 'Big Stick' has extended farther than he could have ever dreamed it would go...

It goes without say, but obviously there is more than meets the eye with this article.

S&F OP great job pulling this.

-Sliadon

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

The obvious assumption, at least from a conspiratorial interest, would be the 'experimental rocket' launch, was just a cover for the more advanced, under cover, more..able craft that TPTB have at their disposal to do their thing. Etc. Etc.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Have you ever read a book?

Your answer was adequate.
Did you really need to get nasty at the end?

Have you ever experienced humility?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Simply a reply to this dig:

Have you ever questioned the government?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sliadon

It was not unannounced. Most people with any interest have been anticipating the launch and the show.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrowmancer

I think the 'official' line on all of this is along the lines of creating cloud structures, the highest of all clouds - existing at the uppermost regions of our atmosphere.

The purpose of these clouds creations, is reported to be be in the area of climate change research/prevention.
The clouds are said to be engineered to reflect solar radiation, a portion of it anyway, in an attempt to mitigate the effects of global warming.

What the real reason is, is anyones' guess frankly...but there you go!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

My apologies on misreading it.

Regardless, my point still stands on how it is absurd that we can launch a rocket 173 miles in the air and not have anyone say a word about it but we criticize foreign powers for their desire to pursue rocket technology.

-Sliadon

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I see.

I'll take my leave then.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I can't help but think of Morpheus and Neo in the loading program. Morpheus seated comfortably in that red-leather chair, point up and saying "It was us that scorched the sky."

I remember thinking the first time I saw that "we can't possibly ever be able to do that." How wrong was I...

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
To be honest it seems like a test run for the Revelations Theory of the Clouds opening up and things, or beings coming out from it.

I heard about that here on ATS. I read a thread that in the 2012 Olympics the "NWO" were supposed to do like a false flag mass alien invasion or make believe that the Heavens opened up and all Hell would break loose.

IDK, don't hold me to it, but if anyone knows what I'm trying to say please elaborate on it for me?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
As Phage has said, this experiment, and that is what it is, was fairly well broadcast in advance. Whether or not it is a new test i'm not sure, but other related tests have been done before. This link from back a bit, is more focused on why to throw rockets into high orbit for research on Noctilucent Clouds.

ieeexplore.ieee.org...

[edit on 20-9-2009 by smurfy]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join