It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA launches rocket, dozens report strange lights

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

NASA launches rocket, dozens report strange lights

news.yahoo.com

WALLOPS ISLAND, Va. – NASA says it successfully launched a rocket in Virginia as part of an experiment, and the blast may have caused dozens of people to report seeing strange lights in the sky.

The space agency said it launched the Black Brant XII on Saturday evening to gather data on the highest clouds in the Earth's atmosphere. About the time of the launch, dozens of people in the Northeast started calling local television stations to report seeing strange lights.

The calls came from as far away as Boston, which is about 380 miles northeast of the launch site.

The rocket is desi
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I just found this interesting and had some questions and comments...
This is Breaking News right now on Yahoo a bit weird for such a seemingly innocent launch.
Did anyone see these lights tonight?
My delusional CTer brain just started churning while reading this... Between the lights, the unscheduled launch, artificial clouds and the experiment.
Just wanted to post to see if anyone saw the lights and what others are thinking...

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

Expect to be seeing a lot of threads about it.
cs.astronomy.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Thanks for the thread.

It would make sense to use this opportunity to perform a myriad of experiments whilst only informing the public about some of them - effectively using the public version as cover.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I was just reading what the expirement was for, they were trying to create a cloud. I would call that proof that the US government cannot in fact control weather......yet

[edit on 20-9-2009 by space cadet]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
So apparently they are content with leaving the only description of these lights as "strange". Hmmm....

I have seen a few strange things in the skies on the seldom clear nights we have here. I just don't have anything to compare what I have seen recently with what this "rocket" looks like.

And I just had a reaallly terrible feeling of deja vu as I typed that out......*shakes head*

A2D

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
I was just reading what the expirement was for, they were trying to create a cloud. I would call that proof that the US government cannot in fact control weather......yet

And obviously you believe them, trying to create a cloud?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance Denied

Care to enlighten us by telling us what they're doing then?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance Denied

I was clearly being satirical and sarcastic (guess which part). No I do not simply believe everything I read, it was the first official answer to what they are doing though, since it is relavant to this thread and no one else has mentioned it I thought I would

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   

isn't that always the explanation given? NASA just happened to be testing something when a bunch of people saw lights?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be great if it was ET out there sending NASA a message, the reports of the orb "sucking up the sky" could be a UFO making our Atmosphere that little bit cleaner from this Atmospheric Test, and spreading to the message to Humans "stop polluting your planet".

Well one can wonder...

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I have seen rocket launches from Vandenberg Air Force Base in Lompoc, CA and they are quite spectacular. I attached a link and photos of a Missle Defense System Test launch in 2002 and was blown away as it happened in real time. They launched a rocket and then shot it from the sky. Hopefully someone got some great pics of this 'cloud and strange lights' on the east coast. Dang, I was just in Virigina Beach, VA last month and would have loved to have observed this event.

Check link for great sequence of photos from Vandenberg 2002
www.freqofnature.com...

Star & Flag!

Synth

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Synthesist]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
[align=center]
[/align]

First post.

Hi guys, you'll be seeing a lot of good things coming from me in these next months. I love this website I am so glad I found it.

Does this video make anyone wonder what the hell is going on in this country? I mean I feel like a story such as this would have video coverage, specific details about the experiment, something that would at least account for NASA launching a surprise rocket going up to make a cloud... at night. Our media makes a joke out of any story that has to do with UFO's, Aliens, Paranormal that it does seem crazy to talk about these things. The majority of people get their views from main stream media and so it is the few of us who have to wake up and get past all the brainwashing.

Good day!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Normally, the Black Brant XII is flown in northern latitudes in the winter months where magnetic anomalies such as the Aurora Borealis are visible.

sites.wff.nasa.gov...

Smells like cover-up. If you believe the official story, then you believe the official story of the Coast Guard "exercise" on 09-11-09.

Nothing is truth anymore. Especially from NASA.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by kingswillquiver]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

There must be more video of this... this sure doesn't look like small planets and laser beams.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Ok... maybe this looks a little more like what people saw... Debunked?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by childzies

Ok... maybe this looks a little more like what people saw... Debunked?

Why, do you see a planet or a laser beam?

I think people like debunking things even if their evidence doesn't match the description. I think I agree with someone else earlier in this thread, they never tell the truth anymore, and the fact that they launch these late at night where ever the Northern Lights appear seems like they are using it as cover, to make anything happen there, have no video of the incident, and claim it was just a rocket, just a missile, just a weather balloon, just swamp gas, just the planet Venus, just a star, just a meteorite, just an asteroid, just a satellite, just the International Space Station, etcetera.

Well none of those sound like a planet shooting a laser beam, and nor does your video. I'd say your video is debunked in regards to what people claim they saw.

I am not saying that isn't the rocket, in fact I believe you when you say it is.

But I don't know if that is all that was in the air that night, and your video certainly does not match the description given by eyewitnesses.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Don't you think it's odd that no one heard the rocket launch?

Listen to this filmed Black Brant XII launch.

Not debunked.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by childzies

Here you go, some more info here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by BaronVonGodzilla
and the fact that they launch these late at night

How else would they duplicate the effect of noctilucent clouds?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join