It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this photoshopped?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Is this photoshopped?
Seen this on another forum and no one had any real conslusion...

Appears to be shopped to me...

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
It does but sometimes some things just look that way so i can't professionally say it is or isn't. personally i would say yes, just because of the position of the photo point of view and the look of her hands on the craft. a little brightly blurred sorta kinda?

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me if it is just a reentry shield but it looks a little big for that. Any NASA mission enthusiasts recognize it?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I'm a rookie to photoshop and images, but I think it's weird that the object in question has 3 circular shadows while everything else has one. The shadows beneath the craft also don't resemble the same features as the object.

Like i said i dont have much knowledge in photography but those seem out of place to me.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Thanks, I thought so.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Eerily similar to a UFO shape indeed, but it's hard to ignore the fact that Boeing has been awarded a contract for developing a heat shield prototype for the upcoming Orion mission.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Is this photoshopped?
Seen this on another forum and no one had any real conslusion...

Appears to be shopped to me...

Nope...

originally posted by kinglizard

Thanks well that ends that.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Even if it was...they made it so small that it could not fit any beings inside it...But the Boeing link clears that all up.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

seems like there are a lot of reasons to use the flying saucer shape in aerodynamics

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
can always tell a photoshop just from the feeling

don't know exactly way, but, its just a feeling that a real pic doesnt give

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZoooMer
Eerily similar to a UFO shape indeed, but it's hard to ignore the fact that Boeing has been awarded a contract for developing a heat shield prototype for the upcoming Orion mission.

true, but don't they always have an excuse

not that I mean anything by that

[edit on 20-9-2009 by ineverknew]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
It could be a prop for a movie. How old is that telephone in the background?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
I'm a rookie to photoshop and images, but I think it's weird that the object in question has 3 circular shadows while everything else has one. The shadows beneath the craft also don't resemble the same features as the object.

Like i said i dont have much knowledge in photography but those seem out of place to me.

Each lamp will create a shadow for the object. Like, on a soccer match, at night, players have 4 shadows, from each of the 4 "big" lights.

I think the boeing site say everything.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I do not think it is shopped. The poster above me is correct for the shadows. Different light sources produce that effect. Hangers usually have huge lamps spaced approximately 30 ft apart. That would produce the effect. Also the pixel breakup at the glove location can be caused by the cameras sensors-if digital or film. I only did a quick sweep of the picture though.

As for the craft, it could be the saucer design where they spin magnetic fluid at high speed to produce supposed anti-gravitic force using magnetic forces. They have been researching that for the past 30 years.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
As for the craft, it could be the saucer design where they spin magnetic fluid at high speed to produce supposed anti-gravitic force using magnetic forces. They have been researching that for the past 30 years.

For crying out loud, the correct answer was already given in this thread
The photo is from the Boeing website:
www.boeing.com...

ST. LOUIS, Nov. 13, 2007 -- Boeing Advanced Network and Space Systems material and process engineer Elizabeth Chu inspects the Thermal Protection System Manufacturing Demonstration Unit developed for NASA's Orion Crew Exploration Vehicle project. Boeing Advanced Systems was awarded a contract last year to develop a prototype heat shield to protect NASA astronauts from extreme heat during re-entry into the Earth's atmosphere upon returning from lunar and low-Earth orbit missions. The work was performed at Boeing facilities in Huntington Beach, Calif.

What is the point of your nonsensical post.
Not everything on this website has to be answered by a conspiracy theory.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by johnmhinds]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It's a re-entry heat shield. Most likely for when they scrap the shuttle fleet and take a backstep as far as space exploration goes.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
What kills me is that they are still using such a cumbersome and fragile method of thermal protection for re-entry. Boeing knows better, I know they do.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

I think the reasons are most likely economic.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I get the Boeing picture....what I don't get is why there are lighter (almost white) areas around her gloves? Seems to me that if she was resting her hands on a green saucer, that when you zoomed in you would see the white glove end and the green begin.....not a white 'aura' effect around each of her hands. Who's to say that Boeing did not just photo shop HER into the picture? Just to make it look like a scientist was messing with it? I agree that they probably have the saucer....I just think the woman was shopped in for picture purposes. Just my 2 cents.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join