learn more

The world I live in.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+53 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I observe and create. That is my function in this world.
We all have the same function.

The world I live in.

Politics
I live in a world where politics are not about governing, but rather its function has become one of two things.
The need of individual to gain power.
The need of a collective to back each others beliefs, irrespective of outcome for those they govern.
I'd like to live in a world where people do not politic, but govern.

Children
I live in a world where over 210 million children are orphaned, this doesn’t include infanticide, abandoned children, or children lifted from their homes due to abuse.
I live in a world where we do not reflect our love and understanding of self in our children, but we starved or abused their parents, and then they do the same... Can you see the cycle of slavery, we are slaves to our own misguided minds.
I'd like to live in a world where we reflect our understanding of self through the children that come, and that they are treated as people, not broken.

Relationships
I live in a world where I see people not understand themselves, and think that a relationship will save them from something, I see them compete with the very person they call a partner.
How can you expect another to love and understand you, when you do not love and understand yourself. You reflect towards others your understanding (or lack of) for yourself.

Money
I live in a world that send some to school to learn a little, but mostly for the purpose to fit into a system that will help produce more money.
Everything I need is already here. But instead we allow money to perpetuate enslavement.
I live in a world where no one should die because they are hungry, the pain of dying from hunger, sigh it makes me cry.

War
I live in a world where my grandmother was pack raped and decapitated in front of my father when he was a boy, by the very side she belonged to.
I have an uncle with no legs, a cousin that was interred in a ethnic cleaning camp for 8 months to be raped daily. And my story is minimal to others.
We have our wars censored now, and we all rant and have opinions based on something we dont truly see or experience. Imagine if our Iraqui or Dafhur or Afhani friends could post on ATS their experiences, perhaps our perceptions of it would be different.
I am so happy for those of you who truly do not know the experience. And if I prayed, I would pray that you never do, but that we dont allow others to experience it anymore either.

Love
I live in a world where people mistake lust for love.
Love is not an emotion, but rather an understanding.
When you love you understand self, others and the world you are part of.
I wish to live in a world where people say I love myself, freely, as they are truly understanding their function here.

I live in a world where girls are taught to be girls, and boys taught to be boys. The expectations on both are hard.
In my country over 3000 young males suicide every year.
Feminism is not a dirty word, I thank those brave suffragette women, who started the ball rolling on understanding gender constructs and power.
Women were enslaved for millennia, did we cast off our shackles by starting a war and killing? We shot no guns, and it is the single biggest revolution in human history, it may not have been to overthrow a government, but it was to give the human right of equality.
I live in a world, where a woman is still feared for beong a life giver, so instead is still subjicated.

Family
I live in a world where my siblings are my best friends, but see so many families where their very fathers sexually abuse their own children. Where parents sell their children as they have no money.
Instead of perpetuating human understanding, they perpetuate their enslavement to money, religion and gender constructs. Where a mother must give up her baby because she cant feed it, sigh, I cry for this alot.

Life
I live in a world where no one really knows their function in it. We scramble and squabble to understand HOW it all works, but we never ask the question WHY it all works.
I wish to live in a world where people accept they are gifted life, that we are living in infinity and our function is to propagate the infinite cycle. Life has little value for many, as they do not value themselves.

Truth
I live in a world where truth is mistaken for self belief.

Equality
I live in a world where I ask: Why does that man think he is worthier than another?

Religion
I live in a world, where no one seems to ponder that so many cultures have vested so much absolutism into a religion, and yet today, their monuments turn to sand and dust, the world did not come to an end when their beliefs where replaced by another form of doctrine.
I live in a world where we can pick and choose what religion to follow without seeing the falseness behind that very premise. I live in a world where people worship a benevolent being, that appears to do nothing for the 210 million abandoned children, women raped and beaten within their marriages or family life, children physically and sexually abused. In order to worship is to receive a return gift of love. We created the humanity we have, it was not created for us, Life was gifted, perhaps randomly, perhaps planned, but either way we are all a result of something, so please live in it today without fear.

Fear
I live in a world where people are taught to put self first. Where people are taught by their very parents that they are better than someone else, that the religion you are indoctrinated with is right, your country is the greatest, your gender is the strongest and so on, and why? Because you are Fears Bitch. Inferiority is the one things that drives people desire for dominion over others.
Sigh what a waste of time.

Collective
I live in a world where there are collectives, but not A collective. We are all born to be the same function within the universe. Yet we mistake this function for self need. People are scared and wish to only feel secure within their own collective, they find like minded people in order to perpetuate a self belief.

Understanding
Understanding is love and joy, Other emotions we simply strive for, but they do not reflect understandings.I understand self, and I understand the world I live in as a result.

Empathy
I cry nearly every day for the world I live in, I live a rich full life, and yet I am lacking because I see so many who do not live lifes richness. They stop themselves from living in such joyful fullness by the very fears that bind them.

As it is, I live in a world that has worked out a system of fear and power through religion, money, gender roles and nationality.

I am daily deprogramming myself.

I will no longer be told how to think regarding nationality, religion, gender, culture, family, sex, I am no ones slave, I will not conform to shackling others in order to give myself a sence of empowerment or false purpose.

Understand Yourself.
Make your own path, do not follow the path laid before you.

Zazz hums

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I was born by the river in a little tent
And just like that river I've been running ever since
It's been a long time coming
But I know a change is gonna come, oh yes it will

It's been too hard living, but I'm afraid to die
Cos I don't know what's out there beyond the sky
It's been a long, a long time coming But I know a change is gonna come, oh yes it will

And then I go to see my brother And I ask him to help me please And he just winds up knockin' me Back down on my knees There were times when I thought I couldn't last for long But now I think I'm able to carry on It's been a long, been a long time coming But I know a change is gonna come, oh yes it will

Sam Cooke

[edit on 20-9-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Sadly, I live in the same world.

But by making your own path, you are indeed making a difference.

Instead of looking for others to change, change yourself first.

Excellent thread, and great thoughts.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Fantastic thread, zazz. Regretfully, I live in the same world you do. One can only try to open the eyes of others and hope that it will change, that the merry-go-round will finally stop... Maybe...

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
Regretfully, I live in the same world you do.

If you truly see it the way she does, then you shouldn't regret living in the same world. The people who should regret it are the ones who are ignorant to it. Then again, maybe ignorance is bliss.

I think that there is a lot of truth to this thread. I think that people are slaves to their own emotions and ignorance, which can be applied to almost every topic mentioned in the OP. I can relate to it because I am a victim of it myself.

"Know thyself" sounds like such a simple task, yet it is one of those tasks that is next to impossible to truly accomplish. I can only think of a very select few people that I have ever met in my entire life that I would say even come close to really knowing themselves. I have a much better understanding now than I used to but I can still see that I have a long ways to go.

Anyways, excellent thread zazz. S&F and all that...

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

That took a lot of time, and thought; thank You. Um, the last few moments of dying of hunger are from what I understand Euphoric. Now, what is cruel, and unbelievable is malnutrition. The first time I was in a third World country, I remember buying a half grilled chicken. I was sharing it with some chuchos, or street dogs, and a few indigenous kids. When there was nothing left of the chicken, or so I thought I asked one of the boys to throw it away...... He paused, and then started digging away at the bones, passing them out to the other children.

I cannot express how prolific an event that was for me to see. It still pulls at my heart now, just remembering; I'll never forget.

Regarding the amount of People having kids just to have them is incredible. I have none because I would want to give them the World as far as experience, but don't feel I could; so I have no children. I don't mind in the least because I see the rest of the idiots out there that are breeding just "because", and they don't truly seem to care about the future of their children.

I am daily deprogramming myself. I will no longer be told how to think regarding nationality, religion, gender, culture, family, sex, I am no ones slave, I will not conform to shackling others in order to give myself a sence of empowerment or false purpose. Understand Yourself. Make your own path, do not follow the path laid before you.

To the above statement, simply BRAVO

S&F

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Great post zazz
"I observe and create."
How true that simple statement is. The essence of mankind is based around creating our environment, unfortunately not enough people realize this beautiful piece of truth

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Capt.Lenny]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Thx TW I am not sad I live in this world, I am greateful always for life. Im quite known for the zest and love of life I have. I am saddened that others do not undertsand self, and allow their emotrions and fears to control them. I dont own their sadness, I just understand it, as I understadn self.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Very well written. It bothers me too, how sad most people seem to be.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
"Life is full of suffering, but it is also full of the overcoming of suffering." -Helen Keller.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Great thread and well presented

everyone should read this

Thanks

Ocker

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Your post brought tears to my eyes, when I began reading your words I didn't want the post to end because it flowed and from your last sentence it kept me wishing for more. So much truth in your words, star and flag. I'll be sending this to my friends;

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I also gave you flag and star. For me, personally, you were correct in the way you presented our world. This OP is worth reading for everyone. And I say that whether you can relate to everything said or not. This will make you think about our world.

Possibly my difference with you came from a different knowledge of myself. I also cry with the thoughts of the children abused, hungry and forsaken. I also cry when thinking of the war torn countries with parents who cannot even feed their children. Parents who live daily with the knowledge either they or their children could be blown up and dead by the end of their day. I cannot imagine such horror.

You have listed many of the reasons we do live in a world such as this. But, I see it as mans inhumanity to man. All of our corrupt politicians and governments are caused by the need of power and greed.

We as people suffer from greed as well. Just look at our consumer culture. Our homes are filled with junk while half of the world goes hungry.

I don't blame God for this.

At least here in United States we have elected our own government. So, we can't blame anyone but ourselves. More laws, rules, and regulations will not change this situation. We need to change ourselves.

Bottom line we need to stop focusing on ourselves and our wants and start thinking about our neighbors. Laws that take away from one person to give to another will never work.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

"Know thyself" sounds like such a simple task, yet it is one of those tasks that is next to impossible to truly accomplish.

Thanks Karl, its not impossible.
I posted this in general conspiracy because the biggest conspiracy of all is how we enslaved ourselves to emotions, and do not teach our children to know self.
Knowing self isnt difficult, when you do, the need to control emotions dissapates, these include, fear, greed, power, anger etc.
none of these are required. Life is a required function of the universe, not just human life, all life, we just overcomplicate that by being 'Fears Bitch'.
We are slaves to it. Even those of us living the 'good life'.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

I've been on a path to find and understand myself for quite some time now, and this reflects alot of what is going on. Thank you!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Regarding the amount of People having kids just to have them is incredible. I have none because I would want to give them the World as far as experience, but don't feel I could; so I have no children. I don't mind in the least because I see the rest of the idiots out there that are breeding just "because", and they don't truly seem to care about the future of their children.

thx for your reply.
We self replicate because that is one of the functions for all life in the unviverse.
We just replicate without understanding as to why we do.
Its those who understand self who should pass that gift to the next generation.
Instead, in the 'wealthy' world many have children with no other purpose than to satisfy a requirement of self. We overstimulate our children, we give them entertainment to the point they get bored by 18.
We dont teach them to understand themselves, to be creative. We teach them to just observe, our function is both.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I don't think that feminism is a dirty word either, however, I can see where the feminist movement itself is not only imperfect, but made some impact on areas of life that I don't necessarily agree with or like.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Also, I believe I live in a world where I see so many children whose parents are not that invested in them. I'm seeing 13 year olds, who don't know how to spell or read. I don't understand why people are no longer horrified by the fact that our youth are being pushed through the school system without ever knowing how to read. Something must change about this. Many parents seem to be living in an alternate reality and are so disconnected from their own children.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Capt.Lenny
Donnie Darko
silent thunder
ocker
Zyril
GCDrift

Thank you for your kind replies, I did not write this for self, but for our 'collective' .
Cheers zazz

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Mahree

You have listed many of the reasons we do live in a world such as this. But, I see it as mans inhumanity to man. All of our corrupt politicians and governments are caused by the need of power and greed.

I agree it is our our inhumanity or humanity, depending on what we think is human.

I dont rely on a god to save me from that which we have created.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join