It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would be the one unessecery item you would take?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Anything sentimental you just can't part with? I would have to take the baby blanket of the daughter I lost. It still holds her scent. In a space bag it takes very little room. For the most part being sentimental about anything won't have anyplace in a survival situation. You'll have to break off any attachments to worldly possessions, but this is the one thing I am taking with me. And yes I would freeze to death before I would use it for warmth.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The Magical MJ.

Hey, it helps while eating bugs you wouldnt normally eat =)

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
My 6 episode dvd of "the andy griffith show." just in case i somehow got access to a player. It would remind me of what i consider a fond and normal life... Yes, there really are places like that. At worst, the cover of it makes me smile. In such a time, how precious that would be.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/20/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I would say but I would most likely violate the T&C...so I will say "a rubber ducky."

Other than that, Seasons 2 and 3 of Sex and the City.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a laptop and gun
... didnt figure out how to charge it but still .. computer is a must

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Well a gun would be a necessity, but I believe they have crank generators for laptops, they do for mp3 players and cell phones. Just googled it, yes they exist.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
my laptop, very useful information on it, charging would be no problem with a small solar cell, might take a coupleof days though

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
lol, a pack of condoms.... that might be necessary though.

Seriously though. Probably my dads cartouche.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
A mini photo album with pics of my kids in happier times.
Nothing like those silly random birthday and christmas photos to put a smile on your face in the most trying of times.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
I would say but I would most likely violate the T&C...so I will say "a rubber ducky."...........

Do not forget the batteries.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
This is a great question. I've been sitting here for 5 minutes trying to think of an answer, but everytime I come up with something I cross it off. It would end up being something for my kids - a favorite toy, or maybe our pet tortiose.
I live in hurricane country, but we get enough warning to pack up our cars with the photo albums, etc. If I had to leave RIGHT NOW, with just the basic survival stuff packed, I haven't the slightest idea what I'd pick up on my way out of the house.

Let's hope I never have to find out that way.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Defiantly... my Acoustic Guitar.

It's traveled allover with me and I know that when it's not with me for any length of time I miss having it around.

I've even considered packing A Harmonica and learning how to play that if the situation calls for it.
Just trying to figure out which one.

Anyone know how to make a kazoo out of a squirrel ?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
condoms are actually very useful to take along with you, not just for the obvious reasons but also because they can be used to hold one liter of drinking water if you dont have any containers. They can also be used to water proof your items such as guns.

I don't think any item I would take would be unnessecery, but if it was a for a token of memory, I would take the Tai chi sword made of high carbon spring steel my father gave to me when i was young. He looked down on my study of martial arts and thought it was a waste of time and wanted me to focus more in books and the like. On my 18th birthday, he gave me the sword which he purchased on his trip to Beijing and explained to me how he had felt that I was right in pursuing the world in more ways than through the study of books.

I will never forget that day or this sword because it was the day my father actually understood me.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
My 60 inch hd tv and my movie server, I would also take a blender(how else would you blend margaritas) and if room permitted I would take my cleaning lady because she is sweet and deserves to live plus I still need someone to clean up after me and cook.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I consider this nessesary but I would take my Bible. Beyond that probably a bottle of nice perfume just a small luxery to have in bad times.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Okay I think the guitar is a must have item. with all the time on your hands.

But as an extra as many cartons of smokes i could get myhands on, totally tradable, if you dont smoke them all first.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Umm....probably my grandma's rings (x3, silver) which are usually attached to my fingers anyway, but if they weren't I'd make sure to pick them up.

It was always a tradition in my family to give one big, solid gold ring or such (sometimes a really old dinner set, sometimes an antique doll) on certain birthdays as each new member grew up. I always thought it was a silly sentimental/materialistic thing......I was only recently told that it was mostly in case you ever got so down on your luck that you needed something of worth to pawn/trade - those clever old generations

If I was already wearing my nana's ring, I'd make sure to take a few notebooks and pens and probably a book to read. Pretty boring really.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Hmmmm...I would love to take my guitar...if I had time to back and was going away to a place with electricity I'd take all 3, plus the amps...but if not then just the acoustic. A Bible is already packed, as that is a necessity, if nothing more it is a lot to read and study and could keep one sane in a bugout situation. If I was in a place without electricity and feared big brother finding me, hmmm...everything else would be too easy to detect, cigars/pipes...reloading equipment [though it may be a bit much to carry] dang there's not that much stuff that is sentimental to me...everything can be ditched, I'll always have memories...It'd be nice to have an ipod stocked full of my favorite music with a solar charger lol

<<   2 >>

join