It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange looking comet Over Downtown Toronto Tonight..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Me and my girlfriend were walking south on yonge st, when I noticed and told her and she also saw it. It had looked like a comet with a bright white glowing starish orb with a very dusty tail. This was just beside a brighter star, planet i forgot which.. Just over downtown, and lake ontario.

The only issue of this what I saw was I had no camera, and it was about 8:30 pm and it just dissapeared... It looked a little like what would be left of smoke froma rocket.. but it all dissapeared within about 20 seconds.. or less.

My girlfriend is not as interested as i am, but for minutes later i stared up at the same area, and saw nothing.. except for this usual plane or im assuming one of the unmanned drone planes..

I wonder if anyone else saw the same thing from toronto, Ontario Canada.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
This reminds me of this article I read today regarding the shuttle taking an water dump which was captured by a photographer.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fe7a64dffb55.jpg[/atsimg]

shuttle dump

Toronto had an ISS sighting today, see here , so my guess would be that the ISS would have been taking a dump. But the only thing is that the times dont match.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
could it be the asteroid juno?
i know its supposed to be pretty bright the 21st...thought the days leading up it would be visible...but brightest the 21st.
i'd look into that, but i don't have any of those sky watch programs.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
isnt there some gigantic asteroid supposed to be visible in the night sky for a few weeks?

I think this is it.

But asteroids dont have tails...

What is it?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
It cannot be Juno. Juno will not be visible to the naked eye in the city.

Toward the end of September, the sun will turn a spotlight on the asteroid Juno, giving that bulky lump of rock a rare featured cameo in the night sky. Those who get out to a dark, unpolluted sky will be able to spot the asteroid's silvery glint near the planet Uranus with a pair of binoculars.

"It can usually be seen by a good amateur telescope, but the guy on the street doesn't usually get a chance to observe it," said Don Yeomans, manager of NASA's Near Earth Object Program Office at JPL. "This is going to be as bright as it gets until 2018."

JPL

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
You might be interested in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by double_frick

I remember seeing hailee bopp comet years ago.. and that was viewable for days and months i think.. This dissapeared with about 20 seconds or less.. from when I did catch the site of it..

I was right beside davisville subway station on yonge going south.. I did see people around me, but i dont think they noticed.. But this to me did not look like a comet.. but it does look similar to the "shuttle dump"..

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
You might be interested in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

yes, one of the video screenshots looks very close to this, except youtube keeps having errors.

new topics

top topics

join