It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fan forks over $63,500 for dinner with Sarah Palin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A true fan of former Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin is paying $63,500 to have dinner with her.

Cathy Maples of Huntsville, Ala., on Friday won the dinner in an Internet auction, which was a benefit for a charity that aids wounded veterans.

Maples says she fully supports the military and the men and women fighting for this nation. Maples, who owns a defense contracting company, also says she's a "big advocate" for Palin, and would love to see her as president.

Palin offered the dinner as part of the charity auction on eBay for the Ride 2 Recovery program, which supports wounded veterans through cycling programs.

Organizers say the winner will have to foot the travel bill to meet up with Palin, likely in Alaska.

Maples says that's no problem.

from link
www.foxnews.com...

I just can't resist. Mods, I will take any penalty you want to throw at me. I just can't resist asking the question,
"How much would you pay for a dinner with Pelosi?"

[edit on 19-9-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

I'd love to have dinner with the Queen. I'd buy her non-seller book if she'd be willing to sit down over dinner with me at a local DC area homeless shelter to eat with all of those peasants she loves so much... Also we should be able to invite a few of our AstroTurf friends to the dinner party.

Okay, $10 bucks... My final offer!

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Well at least some of the taxpayers money is going to a charity to help our veterans.

And for dinner with Pelosi, well I'd pay 500 diggerdollars, but she has to hear me talk, because I've got some things to say. And I can hear her spew any day of the week.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by digger2381]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I find this more than a little disturbing. This is where the half of my brain that hates capitalism fights with the half that loves it.

Almost 70 grand for a dinner with somebody? I'm really glad that it's going to a charity for vets. That is probably the only redeeming part of this whole silly thing. Of course, there's prolly twenty cents out of every dollar actually helping anyone, but I'm just being cynical.

That's like three people's salary for a year. Not real HIGH salary, but still.

It figures that it would be a defense contractor. Who else has that sort of wad to blow on crap like that? That was probably about six toilet seats worth of the government's money.

As far as Pelosi, nah. I don't think so. I've got a coupon for Burger King. She can pick it up at the post office on the way out of town. Maybe she can stop somewhere between here and Hell and grab a bite.

Oh dang it. Now you've gone and made me all vaclempt.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by digger2381

10 bucks for Pelosi? I hope it includes desert!

reply to post by Walkswithfish

Would she deem to even talk to the little people?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
A dinner with Palin should be free, especially if she goes into one of those long undecipherable rants about how she has been victimized... In fact she should have to pay for the medication required to treat the migraine headache that would come on about half way through it.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I would pay serious cash for a dinner with Hillary tho.

She's awesome!

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

C'mon! Whether you like her or not(Palin) it is going to a good cause.

And a little hint about what Pelosi eats. It is something like goats blood, and monkey brains.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Awww, she's hot. Just tune her out if you don't like what she's saying. And remember it is for a good cause.

Hillary? ew.

I'd want someone to taste the food first.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Maples, who owns a defense contracting company, also says she's a "big advocate" for Palin, and would love to see her as president.

BWAAAHAAAA HAAA!!!! You betcha!

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

[edit on 19-9-2009 by mikerussellus]

Nothing. Exactly as much as I would pay to eat with Palin. In fact, for either of these fanatic broads I would require $200/hr and all expenses paid to meet up with them.

Neither one of them is worth my time.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Then what questions would you ask? Maybe I should've put it that way.

To be honest, I'd have more questions for Pelosi than I would for Palin.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
If I were to give that kind of money to a babe like Palin, I would make sure I got more than just a dinner, if you know what I mean?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by useless eaters
If I were to give that kind of money to a babe like Palin, I would make sure I got more than just a dinner, if you know what I mean?

Ok...yeah, maybe just once. You have to admit it.... unless you're dead...what does 60 something grand GET you anyway?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

What did Cathy Maples do next; Pass the salt???
Really......

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen

Ok...yeah, maybe just once. You have to admit it.... unless you're dead...what does 60 something grand GET you anyway?

Shake them utters baby!

Look at your avatar, answer your question?

Beef, its not just for dinner.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Valhall

Then what questions would you ask? Maybe I should've put it that way.

To be honest, I'd have more questions for Pelosi than I would for Palin.

Nothing. I'd get my $200/hr and expect them to be asking me all the questions they could ask in the time we were together. The slow-down I'd tolerate would be me washing my meal down in between answers.

I don't work for them. I don't respect them. I'm not curious about them. They work for me. They are beholding to me. They owe me. They have shafted me. It's my time at this point.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The money should have been given directly to the veterans.

However, if there wasn't a charity involved, I'd rather spend 63k on a lifetime supply of chiclets than an evening with someone who has the mental capacity of a rabid squirrel.

As for Pelosi, I'd spend a few bucks to get her a whopper, and explain to her that if her and Palin put their differences aside and started a brain trust, their combined intelligence might rival that of the average downs syndrome kid.

On the other hand, I would pay 63k to see them duke it out in a cage match. I think that might be worth it. Everyone wins.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by Osiris1953]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Hey as long as the money is going to a worthy cause (which it is) it's all good.

Edited cause there's nothing funny about moose kabobs.

[edit on 20 Sep 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Man, forking over that much cash, the guy must be expecting something really good after dinner, too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join