It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are so many different theroys about how the universe started. What one do you believe?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

According to your theory, the up-chucker of our universe got his butt whooped in Return of the Dragon by Bruce Lee, an unfortunate effect of his up-chucking!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by halfmask

Okay, that's good. At the least it's a start. This theory basically says that falling creates the spin.

And since something falls in a circle instead of in a straight line, its tangent is consistently inconsistent; its velocity is always changing due to the "direction". So, spin is caused by falling. The spectral shape allows only that if energy exists, it must be spinning. This I already knew, but that spinning is inevitable because this shape does not allow for a consistent tangent or velocity. But, shape implies existence which implies the energy which must exist due to motion...

What if the great "emptiness" was in actuality so infinitely fast and inevitably had caught up with itself and collided with itself - because when I imagine nothing, I imagine also that nothing must also be the infinite fullness of nothing. And because nothing would exist everywhere, it would be infinitely fast. If something that is infinitely fast is just that, it would likely catch up with itself. Therefore, it would collide with itself and become wrapped up in itself as it could not escape itself and therefore created the first "matter", a black/white hole, a focal point around which the "emptiness" chased itself until it balanced out because the black/white hole pulled and pushed on the emptiness which caused it to confuse and rip/explode into the infinite spinning-ness that everything seems?

Aye carumba.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
There are so many theroys, for me the big bounce sounds right, but how did the first universe start? So i'm not sure what to believe. Why cant hubble actually see the big bang? Dosen't seem right. What theroy do you believe in?

In the beginning, God did a spellcheck. And he saw his text after the spellcheck, and it was good.

no seriously, uhm...

there was no beginning.

it's a big 'breathe'

where it goes BANG then after intelligence realizes itself, intelligence begins to unify everything then it all becomes one again eventually then once it's ONE again.. it's lonely and wants to experience more.. so in an act of love to itself in an expression not unlike a massive infinite orgasm.. it goes BANG again and starts all over this time with different outcomes.

on and on in and out like sex ...

forever.

-

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
There was never a start to the universes. Their ifinite. Imploding exploding twoerd each infinite universes for eternity.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I think a few of you have touched on a hypothesis I have been working on for as long as I can remember. Growing up in a Roman Catholic family and than dropping out when my father got sick of their direction in the church here in the US.

Now, I may have cobbled together other peoples work, it still is a work in progress. But if numerous people pointed me in this direction, I cannot recall all of them, so thanks everyone for your help.

Their is a creator, but what we perceive as reality is an illusion. Time does not flow, it just is. All points in time touch all other points in time, hence no flow. Does a tree make a sound if no one sees it? Yes, because someone had to see it or the perception would never have become reality. I believe I got that from someone, have no idea. Now, if someone that is crazy lives in a dream world where dungeons, dragons and princesses are real, do they exist? Of course, because someone has created perception of reality in their mind. Dungeons & Dragons gave this idea. Trust me I am going somewhere with this. Now, the creator has always existed, you have always existed, everyone has always existed, we just change realities and perceptions. The universe cannot be destroyed. Energy does flow, from one time frame or perception. See the creator said let there be light and his perception created light, heavens and earth etc etc. Now the creator is everything, so we are part of him, which has been eternal but eternal is still just a perception.

Still working on it. Once I started a paper/thesis on this but just could not wrap my head around it. Maybe when my perception changes, He will let me know if I am on the right track.

Now I have to get drunk because my brain hurts.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I am not sure how it started but I know how it'll end, with a whimper. All the lights will eventually go out.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
how about this theory.
God in his wisdom,created a void/space.
then he filled the void with every known
particle, dust
and then, set the whole lot in motion.
creating galaxies
thus creating time , and a dynamic
star filled miracle.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
S+F!
Great post Endisnighe, that is very intriguing and really gets you thinking.
I often ponder on this subject and I'm glad to see these responses

~Renarism

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

This made me wonder why the big bang theory is practically the only theory most people have heard of besides creationism. It's also the only one even mentioned at schools, though not necessarily taught (I once knew someone in school who thought the big bang was a star exploding). Makes me wonder if there is some sort of conspiracy to keep the majority of the population uneducated about this

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

The best theory I personally have seen on this thread so far is the idea that thoughts happen in a different dimension than the physical reality and that the physical reality must have been brought motion via a thought. This is assuming that there is conscious thought beyond our perception and our ability to communicate. What other ideas do we have about the "first motion"?

The thing I dont understand about this, is the thoughts happening in a different dimension?? Didn't science already map out thoughts in the brain??? Or was that just memory
Now im not sure if im getting this, casue im not that good in quantum physics, but aren't dimensions just a different way of perceiving things??? Please correct me if im wrong

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

This made me wonder why the big bang theory is practically the only theory most people have heard of besides creationism. It's also the only one even mentioned at schools, though not necessarily taught (I once knew someone in school who thought the big bang was a star exploding). Makes me wonder if there is some sort of conspiracy to keep the majority of the population uneducated about this

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

String theory says there are multiple universes or branes kind of like pages in a book. When two branes touch you get a big bang:

This idea also explains why our universe or brane seems to be accelerating at faster and faster rates. Eventually our brane will touch another brane and we get another big bang. Black holes can cross branes and gravitons can move between branes which explains were all the missing gravity went. This means we might be able to communicate with another brane or universe, but we need to learn how to control gravitons first. Einstein realized that black holes can span across branes even before branes existed:

Footnote: when Stephen Hawking first speculated that our universe might be cyclical and inifinite in it's beginning and end, and therefore there was no need of a creator, the Pope in Rome sent for him and was I guess chastised, kind of medival isn't it? Personally I think God is more mysterious than we can imagine.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicolas Flamel

Star for your post
. It Made me understand string theroy alittle better. What are your views of the universe?? I geuss you believe in string theroy and the big bang??? Over time ive read that theres evidence that there are alot of flaws in the big bang though?? What are your opinions on this matter?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

LOL, thanks for the star. String theory is the "latest and the greatest" idea physicts have come up with. I'm sure that in 100 years time there will be newer ideas and this one will seem "quaint". Mabye Science itself will eventually become obsolete and be replaced with something that also includes the metaphysical. I can only report what I see from the front lines.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Answer the question correctly and win a Nobel Prize! Sorry but you'll have to put me in the "We don't really know" category along with evolution, creationism, Narwhal mating habits, etc.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
There was no beginning to the Universe as it has always been here and always will be here.

It is something that science will never be able to explain because we can only see a small part of the puzzle when higher dimensions are involved that we can not access at this level of existence.

The Universe is only the tip of the ice berg of something even more grand.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I know people are saying it never started becasue it always existed, but how can the universe can always be around?? The has to be a beginning to everything, well thats what I think atleast. For the ones who believe that there wasent a beginning can you please explain with some logic how the universe never had a beginning?? Can someone explain the flaws in the big bang theroy aswell??

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Reply to post by Maddogkull

The problem is that our understanding of infinity and physics is limited. We CANNOT at this point in existence explain how something could have always been.

It's something to marvel at, not to figure out. IMO, the more we "learn" the more we confuse ourselves in regards to the origin of the cosmos.

A2D

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Alternate dimension, alternate universe... these are not what I mean.

Thought, as we know, is a level of our reality that we as individuals can only see for ourselves. Your thoughts are only in your head. Others do not see your thoughts, or at least, not with the common senses. This reality combined with the concept that there is NO boundary to imagination would lend credence to the fact that thought exists on a different level than our physical reality. Since thoughts take place before action, it is safe to assume that the first motion could not have happened without first a thought.

All actions you see around you are energies that are residual from the very beginning. The earth's weather is a result of this beginning force. The rotations and revolutions and everything... the ONLY actions that are not a direct result of the first great motion or catalyst is OUR FREE WILL.

We make choices. We change the direction of these energies. We can choose to not pass these energies on or we can choose to put more energy than was put into us out into the world.

Think of this... Say there is a circuit from a battery to 3 sets of lights. There is only one switch - a mobile switch which can choose to which light the energy of the battery may travel. This switch also has the choice to not allow energy to pass at all. Whatever this switch wills, regardless of how much energy is pumped through it, will happen.

We are these switches.

In order to have free will, you must have conscious thought. So...

I think it makes sense that the "beginning" of our physical reality was indeed caused by a thought. One simple thought.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfmask

Originally posted by Maddogkull
reply to post by halfmask

Can you please explain more of your concept?

It is not my concept... I am merely presenting it. This youtube video sums up Nassim's theory better then I did, and it also gives you an idea of what a spectral shape is.

There’s something about Nassim Haramein......there’s a youtude video of him misidentifying Comet Neat as Nibiru and pretty much everything he says on there is wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join