It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are so many different theroys about how the universe started. What one do you believe?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I don't think the Universe could have always existed. I remember reading somewhere that all molecules in the universe are unstable and will eventually decay. If the Universe has always existed, then there would be no molecules -- no protons, no neutrons, etc.

Now, I believe that God has always existed; All that ever was, and all that will ever be is a part of God. When God wants to play, he creates a universe and experiences it through us. All suffering, all happiness, all drudgery, is simply God experiencing life.

A common theme among NDE's is that there is no judgement by God, only yourself. This makes sense if you realize that all the bad things we've ever done to someone else we actually did to ourselves.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by halfmask

This is a very intriguing theory of the state of the universe. I am curious as to how all of this -started-.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidLight

Molecules are made up of particles of energy. Energy itself does not die, but only changes form.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Interesting theory’s, the thing that confuses me is that why do over half of the scientific community believe in the big bang theory when there’s a lot of flaws in it?? Does anyone on here believe in the big bounce theory?? Also the thing that always boggles my mind is how can something always exist?? Like the universe for example how could it not have a beginning??? How could it always exist forever?? Any theory’s for that?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

I think this makes perfect sense and it is also completely and undeniably incapable of proof.

Thus, the rub of our want!

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

It is not that the scientists believe in the theory so much as it takes forever for politics to play out.

As far as the big bounce theory, I am not sure what that means.

As far as the eternity of the universe, then first answer this: How is it that energy is created nor destroyed? It is a fact. Figure that out, and you figure the universe out.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
reply to post by LiquidLight

Molecules are made up of particles of energy. Energy itself does not die, but only changes form.

Of course, but when a molecule decays, it will emit radiation. The energy is still there, but the molecule itself no longer is.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Odd.

If we were to play off of the theory that the thought dimension brought the physical dimension into existence and your theory occurred in the thought dimension, then maybe...

If it is possible that energy dissipates and flows into the thought domain, a domain that is truly potentially infinite, then maybe our universe shrinks.

Takes a lot of bending to get these things to work. No wonder we ended up with the big bang theory.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidLight
I don't think the Universe could have always existed. I remember reading somewhere that all molecules in the universe are unstable and will eventually decay. If the Universe has always existed, then there would be no molecules -- no protons, no neutrons, etc.

You base your theory on the premises that molecule decay means energy decay according to this statement. That was my point. Until you prove that energy can be created and can be destroyed, you cannot prove that the universe has not always existed.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Reply to post by TarzanBeta

Oh yes it almost certainly is immune to proof. Our human minds can only grasp so much. The concept of infinity in and of itself throws many brilliant minds for a loop. Then on top of that to think that something has aways been....psssh time for a nap.

IMO, EVERYTHING has ALWAYS been because it is all a part of God. How God has always been is beyond me. Everything has always been, but it only takes shape to be exposed to perception through Gods will. I don't know how else to explain my view on how something could have always existed. .

It really is mind boggling though. Maybe if we used more than 10% of our brains we'd be more capable...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

This is a very intriguing theory of the state of the universe. I am curious as to how all of this -started-.

It didn't start, you clearly don't understand what a spectral is, there is no "start". Time is simply an illusion looking at the spectral at a certain angle I guess you could say which is our perseption. There is no start to it. "Start" and "End" are merly human concepts and may only be concepts, that is the whole point of the spectral concept.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

So, if I am understanding this theory correctly, it pretty much correlates to my infinite potential battery theory?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
You say energy cannot be created and destroyed, and I know that’s a law of thermodynamics, but don’t they refer to the big bang being the creation of energy???? Without a big bang how could you get any energy?? Like how can there be no beginning or end?? Maybe my human mind can’t comprehend the actual existence of the universe.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Maddogkull]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Can you please explain more of your concept?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

Given that God is the creator/molder so-to-speak, then whatever percentage of our brains we use, it is allowed us to the degree which we work!

I have to admit, I am surprised that there ARE so many different theories regarding the universe.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull

Can you please explain more of your concept?

It is not my concept... I am merely presenting it. This youtube video sums up Nassim's theory better then I did, and it also gives you an idea of what a spectral shape is.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

As I understand it, the big bang theory includes energy as the original super-force.

Yes, I FULLY AGREE that something had to put things into motion which equates to energy!
That is exactly the predicament. Motion in our perception must have a cause.

The best theory I personally have seen on this thread so far is the idea that thoughts happen in a different dimension than the physical reality and that the physical reality must have been brought motion via a thought. This is assuming that there is conscious thought beyond our perception and our ability to communicate. What other ideas do we have about the "first motion"?

As far as the idea that the original super-force itself was a physically existing energy that required to be put into motion by means of its own volatility... I am not so sure.

You could also assume that the fullness of nothingness which is infinite potential energy powers into this physical universe, forcing motion, and then the kinetic energy translates back into potential energy and so forth via a direct current, sort of like an infinite potential energy battery, which it has now been brought to my attention, would be possible due to infinitely large and infinitely small black holes within what we might visually perceive to be something called the "spectral", which is apparently the geometric infinity.

Meaning that energy would pour out from stars which are the sources of energy and light and would be absorbed into the black hole only to retranslate into infinite potential energy and resend this energy in the form of a source, over and over, in a harmonious sequence which might very well cause the cohesiveness of everything due to micro/macro waves, vibrations if you will, which harmonize with all energy and matter in the universe in order to keep it in a sort of perceived stasis...?

It's 1:18 AM. Okay?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Very interesting video!

I got this idea that the spectral shape is one part our universe (balance) and one part our alter-ego (chaos). Balance releases its energy into Chaos which re-energizes and sends forth back into Balance. Balance being light and Chaos being heat.

Wait. Am I playing too much Final Fantasy or what?

I'm convinced I was smarter at the beginning of this thread.

This theory is almost certainly next to correct as far as the state of the universe. But, once again... Energy needs a bump for motion. You can create whatever you want, but without a little bump, it usually don't just get up and walk away on its own! That is, of course, within our perception. Maybe it's true that we cannot even fathom the beginning slap-start of motion because it also is a myth.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Very interesting video!

I got this idea that the spectral shape is one part our universe (balance) and one part our alter-ego (chaos). Balance releases its energy into Chaos which re-energizes and sends forth back into Balance. Balance being light and Chaos being heat.

Wait. Am I playing too much Final Fantasy or what?

I'm convinced I was smarter at the beginning of this thread.

This theory is almost certainly next to correct as far as the state of the universe. But, once again... Energy needs a bump for motion. You can create whatever you want, but without a little bump, it usually don't just get up and walk away on its own! That is, of course, within our perception. Maybe it's true that we cannot even fathom the beginning slap-start of motion because it also is a myth.

Actually one of Nassim's papers cover that "Bump". Here is the Link. He calls the "Bump" the source, and "Motion" the spin.

Here is the link to his Site.

The PDF file is the first link in the link, I can't figure out how to link the download directly. The paper is called "What is the Origin of Spin?"

(Lots of editing this post, lots of mistakes...)

[edit on 20-9-2009 by halfmask]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I subscribe to the theory that in the beginning Chuck Norris accidentally coughed and created the big bang.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/75148e11c9c2.png[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join