It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

problems managing money?????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
anyone?
i have a serious problem with managing my money.
i am bipolar and bad money management seems to be a symptom of this disorder.
now let me say that i own my car...no payments. i have no credit card debt but by the time payday rolls around i am broke. it don't matter if i have $25 or $125 to last two weeks, by the time payday comes i am down to my last nickel.
for example today i had $45 left till next tuesday. what did i do? i went out and bought a $20 bottle of liquor.
now i have gas money and money for smokes but other than that i am tapped.

anyone else have a hard time managing money?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Where do you want start?

The fact is I have four credit card nearly maxed out, an overdraft on my chequing account, RRSP account that is headed for the banksters on wall street worth about 10,000 cdn. Right now the total money that have to last until my next UI payment from the government is $488.52.

I'm slightly better position than you are, but a lot people are suffering because of this recession. Your money management would be a little better if the corporations weren't screwing you on every purchase or payment.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by thing fish

Alright dude, lets start with your basic needs food and shelter, count that money as gone before you even get it, you should stll have some left, now account for gas, and needs such as electric bill, phone bill ect ect, now you take the amount you have left and you save whatever out of it you can, ever small it may be.

Most banks will let you open a savings account with as little as 10$ so what you consider buying with that 10$ think about it and decide if you really need it...ahem...20$ bottles of liquor.. do this method of accounting for as long as you need to give yourself a comfortable cusion in the bank whatever you feel is comfortable.
Easy to forget how much we confuse needs with wants and if you are really serious about it then when you have enough money saved up you could always consult a wealth management company for some investment tips.

Of course some disipline is required here and it will take some sacrifice but with some determination you should be more then capable of this over time, before you know it your money will become less of a burden and more of a tool for enjoyment in moderation of course.

new topics

join