It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

soho lasco realtime sun images

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Hmm down again are they doctoring the realtime images if so its taking them a long time been down all day.
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Stereo sat's are working just fine...I'm sure SOHO will be back up sooner or later

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Due to electrical power maintanance activities at our site, the SOHO website will be unavailable over the next two weekends: September 18-20 and 25-27. The outages will also affect the SOHO European mirror site which will be accessible, but not updated.
sohowww.estec.esa.nl...

We might miss the first appearance of the approaching sunspot.

[edit on 9/19/2009 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

We might miss the first appearance of the approaching sunspot.

Can we not see "sunspots" form with the 'SECCHI EUVI: Extreme UltraViolet Imager'??

secchi.lmsal.com...

[edit on 19-9-2009 by Paroxysm]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Paroxysm

Yup. But that is "things that are yet to be" (seen). That's around the corner to the west. Not a big deal but everyone likes to see the MDI continuum image.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Something weird is showing up around the sun.
Have a look here: stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

Is there a good explaination for what this object might be?

I have made an image-composite over a day and a half that clearly shows that this object is moving...alas I can't upload it for some reason.

This should be made a new thread in my opinion, but I haven't got enough posts to do so.

Any of you care to "help out" ?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Koyaanisqatsi

If you mean the dark spot, it doesn't seem to be moving and is probably a sensor problem (perhaps a result of the approaching sunspot?) . If you mean the light spot which moves to the left before the dark spot appears, that would be Venus. It will be showing up on the COR2 image soon.

[edit on 9/20/2009 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes, I mean the dark spot. And it is moving. I took three pictures from the site taken 36 hours apart and blended them in photoshop. I matched up the background stars and it is clearly moving. Venus is moving too, but it looks like the dark spot moves a little faster. If I only could upload the image, you'd see.

top topics

join