It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Surrender" thread.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 12:06 AM
link   
TO YOU WINSTON!

I yeild, I'm sick of letting you press my buttons...so from here on I'm simply only going to point out how I'm right, and ignore you, and "what" you are...so I make this PUBLIC yeild so that no one can go "HEY MASON'S BEING MEAN"...No I am not.

You were being aggrevating, I let myself fall for you, I yeild now, and no one can say I've been "Mean" or "abbusive" because from hence forth I shall catch my tongue like a fly.

And no more slander should pass anybody's way, and yours if one can call it slander...I say thou art a troll as well.

For you oddly enough post ONLY following my posts, and furthermore you target ONLY my posts.

If that's not a troll, what is.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I dont know.... he *tried* to rebutt my post regarding possible use of HAARP on Columbia.... I reposted after him stating solid scientific fact.... he never responded (if, as you stated, my scenario is totally impossible, I would love to see some solid evidence of such)

Dont let him push your buttons, just post your info (I like your posts, btw).

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Well thank you, I was feeling as though I were losing, because no one showed any support to MY presented information...Winston, he's a confusing one.

But I'm sure sorry Winston, my conduct towards you was most unbecomming, I should simply have kept restating how I feel you were wrong in areas, and not resorting to throwing usless words around.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 01:13 AM
link   
i think your posts are very intelligent freemason. there are some i dont agree with but some i do. however all are quality posts in my opinion. keep up the good work.

[Edited on 17-2-2003 by krossfyter]

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Yeah well Winston helping me indeed realize I am quick tempered or judgemental, probably both
, which of course greatly kills the meanings of what I write (which is of course BAD heh)...so let this be my "covenant" to ATS...heh

Sincerely,
no signature

[Edited on 17-2-2003 by FreeMason]

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 01:44 AM
link   
hey everyones got a weakness. its good to see that you are trying to fix yours. most would not be mature enough to do that and would continue on in thier pride.

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Yeah, when people are most understanding of one's problems they are much easier corrected...last time I tried this they laughed and aggrevated me further *DEATH TO @FORUMZ* ... here at least smarter heads always prevailed...and an end comes to a bad habbit

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 04:35 AM
link   
FreeMason,

If you'd just look into it more, you'd know why people are saying your wrong. Your getting all pissy ONLY because people are trying to help you out. Stop the nonsense BS and look into WHY instead of alway's saying NO damnit!

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
You were being aggrevating, I let myself fall for you, I yeild now, and no one can say I've been "Mean" or "abbusive" because from hence forth I shall catch my tongue like a fly.

Well now this is interesting.

Imagine my surprise to discover my humble efforts have spawn a whole new topical thread. I'm honored.

I'm wracking my brain trying to think of what I've done to cause such intense aggravation from you, and all I can think of is that I disagree with some of your positions relative to math and science (and in one case at least, have shown you accepted principals of mathematics that counter your methods).

If this is what causes such ire in you, then please sir, a public discussion forum is not the place for you.

I am indeed sorry that my disagreement with your position has caused you to become aggravated to this extent. But I feel I really have tried to show you your errors without confrontation, in an agreeable conversational tone. You have not showed the same courtesy, yet here I am still being agreeable.

And now you use the word, surrender as if this is some kind of battle, or conflict. Again sir, perhaps a public discussion forum is not an optimum place for you to express your ideas.

I will continue to be civil, but I will not stop disagreeing where I think it may help the course of discussion.

But thank you for beginning a topic to discuss me. I believe in my 20+ years of experience with various forms of online discussion forums/groups, this is the first time.

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
I dont know.... he *tried* to rebutt my post regarding possible use of HAARP on Columbia....

Hello dragonrider...

I think my response to you was the last on this forum before a brief hiatus. I was indeed doing additional research on HAARP, getting up to speed on current opinion, but had not finished.

I apologize for leaving you hanging.

I will offer a response when I have finished some of my information gathering.

-W

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   
FM, you're showing some class now and I greatly appreciate your effort to re-evaluate your attitude.

You're entitled to your beliefs and the rest of us should be open to listening to those. I respect you because you're a human being and that entitles you to say your piece and be heard.

Let's all continue to refrain from labeling or slamming others for disagreeing with our points of view.

Why not, do the research that supports our beliefs and allow the facts to speak for themselves.

Wishing everyone all the best,
Deep

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I like all you guys. I like FM's posts as well. You know, for me, ATS is my little world I go to learn and read all the cool and interesting ideas that people from all parts of the world have on all sorts of topics.

Sometimes it's easy to get into trouble in here because some of you guys are pretty dam sharp. However, I do think that the application of self control and politeness is most definitely needed when posting.

Last night I posted to the "50cents" thread. I found my self typing with a vengence because " I Hate Rap" but I removed the post after I calmed down because I realized I was attacking this guy. I made a mistake!

I think FreeMason's posts are GREAT, But I also like Winston's posts as well. Both of you guys are very very intelligent, God knows, we sure need that here because many on here are burning 20 watts at best.

Let's just all try and get along guys. ATS has some of the best thinkers and is a great place to vent at times also. Seems like the whole planet is in a bad way right now and that last thing we need are wars at ATS.

My vote is for peace and forgivness. Today is a new day!!

new topics

top topics

join