It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pay with a wave of your hand?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Pay with a wave of your hand?

articles.moneycentral.msn.com

It's a simple concept, really: You inject a miniature radio frequency identifier the size of a grain of rice between your thumb and forefinger and, with a wave of your hand, unlock doors, turn on lights, start your car or pay for your drinks at an ultrachic nightspot.
The problem is, the whole concept is a little geeky for most of us, nauseating for some, Orwellian for a few and even apocalyptic for a smattering of religious fundamentalists.

Forget the science of it -- and yes, it does work remarkably well. Forget the convenience of it. Forget that similar identifying technologies, from b
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I think this is just another way to control people, Hey you don't want to follow our rules? guess what your RFID chip is turned off. You want it on again? start following the rules. This is something like the Rockefeller guy said that they were gonna put chips on our hands and that thats they way they are going to control us.

articles.moneycentral.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
i'll take a pass on this one.
greenbacks work just as well now as they did 30 years ago

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
If this is implemented I fear that the value of a human hand will skyrocket. If you use your hand for your bank account, getting into your home, or even starting your car thieves will start chopping off hands. I would recommended having a chip NOT inserted into any body part just in case a thief gets desperate.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
*snaps fingers*

There is a thread started here on the subject

[edit on 9/20/2009 by Big Oil]

new topics

top topics

join