It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think my mobile is tapped, some advice needed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by slinkey10

Originally posted by captiva

Im on o2 pay as u go.

That message is abt your 'bolt on', maybe you have changed your current bolt on?

Just dial 2425 to change your bolt on to something you want....I chose the 100minutes and 100 free txt's when u top up 15pounds lol

I havnt changed anything, nor even requested a change to anything. I use the phone, its that simple. Thanks for that info though. So, in other words we can REQUEST>...to be monitored from our phone use, no matter where we are...as i said big brother.

Respects

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by slinkey10

You say your are an O2 customer...have you ever seen the number 2030 being used by them in the past?

just curious

respects

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

I would not worry about it my friend. If anything, just buy a new mobile. Ohh, on second thought, as far as I know, they can't tap pre paid phones, but I am not sure about that.

All phones can be intercepted, the difficulty with prepay phones is knowing who has which number but there are many ways and means of identifying them.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by slinkey10

Im on o2 pay as u go.

That message is abt your 'bolt on', maybe you have changed your current bolt on?

Just dial 2425 to change your bolt on to something you want....I chose the 100minutes and 100 free txt's when u top up 15pounds lol

I havnt changed anything, nor even requested a change to anything. I use the phone, its that simple. Thanks for that info though. So, in other words we can REQUEST>...to be monitored from our phone use, no matter where we are...as i said big brother.

Respects

Maybe when your phone updated it changed your current bolt on?

That bolt on 'favorite place' I don't really know how that works because I don't use it, if you are worried just go for the free minutes and txt's, or there are others to choose from.

And tbh I have never taken any notice of the txt's I receive from o2, so haven't noted the numbers they use, they usually send me spam txt'x which I delete straight away.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by slinkey10

Ok, thanks for that, appreciated.

This is THEE second line.

respects

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Just looked at the terms and conditions

freesim.o2.co.uk...

I think they may monitor via postcode to monitor usage to stop people over using?

'O2 may monitor your usage and request you to moderate if, acting reasonably, we determine it to constitute abuse of this policy. If O2 reasonably suspects you are not acting in accordance with this policy O2 reserves the right to impose further charges, transfer you to a tariff which does not include unlimited minutes or disconnect your account at any time, having attempted to contact you first.'

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The reason that you'll be getting free phone calls from home is because the mobile service providers are trying to drag customers away from BT and using their landlines, although you'll still need to use BT somehow for line rental, web, tv etc.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

i doubt your being tapped... but anything is possible...

if you are being tapped, buying a new simcard wont help much, as they track and trace mobiles from their imei number, every time you turn a phone on the network checks imei of the handset in use and so on ...

also, if something was downloaded/updated, it will probably be their whatever sim card you use, unless you can somehow remove it (flashing the phone with new firmware might do it, as it)

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The most obvious and easiest way to tell if your cell phone is being tapped is to listen for echos. You can usually hear an echo of your own voice that the party on the other end you are speaking with can not hear.
This comes from a DHS Tech Agent.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

If any software was installed by the Feds then it would be for two purposes.

One…. Turn your phone into an open mic.

Two… Turn your phone into a GPS tracker.

The way to know will be if the thugs who are doing this to you begin showing up wherever you go before or at the same time that you arrive at your destination

Might want to check out some sites on “Gang Stalking”.

You may be in for some really fun times.

Not to worry… the experience will force you to open your mind in ways that you never would have imagined without your having been “targeted”.

Have a nice day…. :-)!

(Netbook going crazy!)

[edit on 9/19/2009 by KOGDOG]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
So you think you're being tapped? Well, nothing you can do will stop it. It may delay things a bit when you switch phones and carriers and such but you won't be able to stop it. As mentioned before, taps can be made at the switch(es). These are where the T1, DS0, DS3, OCx, whichever mode of transport from the actual tower your phone is communicating with connects to the carrier's internal network. Depending on technology, these may be referred to as BSC's, etc. Additionally, any location between the BSC's and the OMC (Operations Maintenance Center), RNOC (Regional Network Operations Center, ROCC (Regional Operations Control Center) or NOCC (Network Operations Control Center) is subject to taps.
Think for a moment, ignoring the air-interface, once the communication(s) hit the base station (Node B) they are multiplexed on to whatever medium of choice connects that base station (BTS) or the "donor" site's (in case of a microwave hop) transport, to the carrier's network. At some point, the signal WILL traverse the local LEC (Local Exchange Carrier) and their switches. Taps can be inserted nearly anywhere along the LEC's transport / backhaul system and you'd never know. As long as they separate monitoring of circuits between the network's transmit and receive channels as opposed to simply inserting their equipment in parallel with the circuit (which doesn't happen much since the advent of digital switches), you won't get any audible indication such has happened, since unlike analog circuits, the switches themselves provide the system for network monitoring and doing such does not require physically 'breaking' or otherwise changing the impedance of the circuit to add a device to the loop, which is what causes the noise, clicks, echoes, etc on landlines.

Anyhow, pushing an update to a cell phone is pretty much a common occurance anymore. Finding nefarious reasons for it is difficult. More than likely, the update pushed to your phone was one that enabled either GPS location sensing by the network or active LMU locating. Traditionally, either is only utilized during distress call situations such as calling 911 here in the states, or due to software on the phone requiring such to provide geolocation services such as navigational aid, web-related location-based suggestions or targeted advertisement, or to emulate traditional phone systems where calls' charges were based on which 'ring' from the switch (how many central offices / trunks the call traversed) to reach the destination number.

Given that they're telling you that with your "prepaid" phone, you won't be charged for calls made from the area you have registered with them as 'home', I'd guess that's what it's for, and that they've only enabled broadcast of your phone's location to the network in order to be able to offer you a discount for being their customer.

But I can not say that your phone's communications haven't been monitored and you have not been designated a potential individual of interest. Checking O2's TOS may give you some insight in to that though, as in if they say that even prepaid phones will not be charged for calls made from their home location, that's probably what it means.

For the record, GPS on cell phones is only accurate to about 100 feet, based primarily on the phone's exposure to GPS satellites; LMU locating is generally accurate to about 20 feet, and is based on the interractions of your signal with multiple base stations capable of hearing your phone and the phasing / timing of those signals and whether the base stations surrounding your location are single or multiple sectors, but is only accurate if the BTS can establish a 2.5G/GSM connection to the phone. UMTS / WCDMA / HSPDA are a bit more difficult to locate due to their origins in CDMA which is spread spectrum and there is no 'set' control channel frequency for your phone to use... but if the LMU network has been updated appropriately, it can find you.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

I dont know if this is going to do you more harm than good but its the truth so it must be worth sharing.

Have a little review of this article...

The technology 'sees' the shapes made when radio waves emitted by mobile phone masts meet an obstruction. Signals bounced back by immobile objects, such as walls or trees, are filtered out by the receiver. This allows anything moving, such as cars or people, to be tracked. Previously, radar needed massive fixed equipment to work and transmissions from mobile phone masts were thought too weak to be useful.

The system works wherever a mobile phone can pick up a signal. By using receivers attached to mobile phone masts, users of the new technology could focus in on areas hundreds of miles away and bring up a display showing any moving vehicles and people.

An individual with one type of receiver, a portable unit little bigger than a laptop computer, could even use it as a 'personal radar' covering the area around the user. Researchers are working to give the new equipment 'X-ray vision' - the capability to 'see' through walls and look into people's homes.

www.guardian.co.uk...

This was in 2002.

The government in the UK can see everything, everyone, anytime and anywhere.

It is illegal to block mobile phone signals as well even in the US because of things like this, there are exceptions, government buildings, scientific labs etc but try blocking your home using metal wire mesh in the bricks, because thats the only thing that can stop it, and you will have the cops at the door. Remember when I say signal, I am talking about network signal not your actual mobile phone, thats not how it works if that makes sense. Why do you think the mobile phone masts are everywhere?

Everyone is on the same boat, there not just watching one person or a group, it is everyone.

There is absolutely no need for a government to tap a phoneline anymore unless they would want to hear exactly what your up too but even councils are using those surveillance techniques on benefit claimants.

I guess the real question is who would want to know absolutely everything about everyone and just as important, why?

The answer is staring in the face if you take a look.

Ever wondered why they call themselves "Big Brother"?

Why not dare to call themselves God?

But hey, dont worry right, nothing to hide nothing to fear...right?

[edit on 19-9-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
My phone was tapped once. I'll tell you what to do. Don't say anything incriminating over the phone. It will go away within 2 or 3 months so don't worry.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Your mobile has been loaded with the latest form of a program commonly used by intelligence agencies, it is known as "triggerfish". For whatever reason, a government agency is monitoring your every move. Using the program, they know your precise location, plus they can open your microphone and camera without your phone giving any indication. There are several ways of dealing with the issue. Best on my list would be to turn off the mobile and remove the battery. As long as the battery is installed, you can be monitored. In other words, simply turning off the device accomplishes nothing. Go to a new service provider that does not verify the personal information you provide them and purchase new service AND ESPECIALLY, a new device - your present device has an identifying signal that cannot be altered. If all else fails, have a friend apply for service in his/her name and be certain you pay the bills on time. Tell your former provider ABSOLUTELY NOTHING and do not provide the new number to anyone except those who TRULY have a "need to know". Now you are ready to fully charge the battery, securely tape your old device camera lens side down onto the top of a commercial vehicle that is going on a long journey (truck, train, bus, ship, whatever), then re-install the battery and get out of the area asap. You'll temporarily drive your tormentors insane.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex-Intel

In the UK you cannot buy a phone with cash; you have to buy with card so they can link the phone to a person and address.

Perhaps the OP should buy a replacement one on ebay?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
who cares.

you should be flattered that they're paying any attention to you.

and in this modern world with attention starved activists running around thinking they have it all down and know what's right what's wrong based off the limited data they think they have on the ALL and EVERYTHING of who /what we are and where we're going...

(not sayin that's you)...

hell .. what's wrong with a lil luvvin from the NSA.. any attention is good attention isn't it?

( i hear they especially like phone sex calls .. I got a few interested parties #s you might wanna try )

honestly.. if you're not off running craziness then you have nothing to worry about.

what's more valuable.. your worrying about it and lack of peace of mind...
or pretending you're part of some world changing movement... when you reeeally might not be...

... at least not now....

also... why make a post about it on what's most likely the most oft read data-mined site by those agencies?

kind of... counter intuitive to your plight right?

i really think they have bigger fish to fry than someone who hands out fliers and web-links... (not saying that's you)

but if you're really a hybrid Grey who BOXES... then maybe they are on the right track.....
..dunno.

-

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Dude the chances of your phone being hacked depeneds on the words you use. Like if you use words about wmd..This will trigger it to watch you.

If your not a terrorist and just some dude...it will figure out your not a terrorist and leave you alone.

Unless it is aliens monitoring you for no reason like we do monkeys.

Damn probes. lol

Please unbann me. I promise Ill be GOOD. (I dot even know what I did.)

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Autistic_Savant]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I quit cell phones a couple of years ago. I had lived most of my life without one and although it made my life a little more difficult at first, I now enjoy the tranquility and privacy. Regardless of what the propaganda says, you do not need a cell phone. Pitch it. Peace.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix103
If your calls were being intercepted it would happen at the switch and be totally invisible to you.

It would be even more invisible to call centre staff of your network.

These things are incredibly sensitive to government and understandably to telecoms providers so are done with as few people as possible knowing.

Exactly. You would never know you were being listened too. The govt listening devices are so far advanced then anything you could imagine.. Not only can they listen to what your saying, what your texting but can also pinpoint your position within a couple hundred feet.. Your best bet honestly is lowering your profile in th UK.. Or keep buying those pay as u go phones.. Yea there expensive and suck but if your truely worried, it may be your best bet..

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by lightchild
reply to post by Ex-Intel

In the UK you cannot buy a phone with cash; you have to buy with card so they can link the phone to a person and address.

Perhaps the OP should buy a replacement one on ebay?

Not true.

<< 1    3 >>

join