It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah's Witnessess, I NEVER thought I would say this

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

God's presence is not known because you die a 2nd time in hell (lake of fire). That's an easy concept to understand, isn't it?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse
Disagreeing I am fine with, no problem, but accusing me of being a liar, is frigging down low and harsh to someone like me....lying, to me, or misrepresentation of my person, is the worst possible insult ever...

so disagree with you, as long as im not disagreeing with you.

( kicking me out for supposedly drinking too much)

there it is. the first time you even alluded to a reason. this is different than they kicked me out for no reason.

unfortunately, like most DF'ed people ive met, you naturally think you did absolutely nothing wrong

and was out within a week, no commitee, just one meeting with two of the Elders, who both were parents of the kids I was talking about...they HAD to know I was telling the truth, when your kid is out drinking, and barfing and reeks of booze on a regualr basis, there is no way they couldn't know.

im sorry but thats not the way they do things. unless of course you were never baptised

Also, I was the babysitting doormat, I would go to a restaurant every week, with all of the non drinking kids and sing karaoke while the parents had a night off. We would eat appy's and drnk pop/juice..the whole TOWN knew I didn't drink, at the point I had gone over 8 years without a drop of alcohol......anyone and everyone knew I didn't drink.

apparently some had the impression you did.

Now, years later, some of the more "rebelious" ones, still tell me how they were so shocked because they knew what a total by the book nerd I was......I mean rediculously by the book...

"by the book" is inapplicable here. the "book" doesnt say you cant drink.

-----------------------------------------

you can continue to argue if you'd like but i made my point.

i dont agree with your account of events. JW's, like other organizations, have procedures and ways they get things done. you dont seem to be familiar with any of this.

if that means im calling you a liar, then so be it. but dont take it personally. its as straight forward a it could possibly be. i dont agree.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by miriam0566]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

Dud Jesus talked about hell and the gates. If thats not clear I dont know what is.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
reply to post by Locoman8

Dud Jesus talked about hell and the gates. If thats not clear I dont know what is.

where?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

The gates of hell in that context was the greek word "hades" which means death or grave. Literally, the gateway to death. Not some pit of fire. Why does the bible translate three completely different meaning words into "hell"? Doesn't make sense to me. Oh, and I'm not a JW if you were wondering, but I agree with their stance on hell, soul, kingdom on earth. why do I? Because it's in the bible, clear as day and you'd probably see that if you opened your mind while reading your bible. Don't plague your understanding with the interpretations the pastors gave you.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

anyhoo, just putting you on ignore now, you just seem bitter and on a mission to belittle and not take into account any of the facts I have mentioned. You seem set to see anyone non JW as having to be "evil" or "not worthy" of truth.

I feel you are brainwashed like most in that cult.

I have pretty much only ever seen you on JW threads putting others down.

I am a person of integrity, I love myself and hae self esteem, and self respect. That seems to be something that bothers you, so good day.

have a nice life.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

Listen, I know miriam can seem a little "straightforward" or "brutally honest" when she comments to you but you need to just take it as "constructive criticizm" so you can weigh the different views. I'm not saying you're wrong or that you're lieing. I'm saying there are two sides to every story. Miriam may show up on the JW threads, but I know it's only so she can defend them. I find myself defending JW's quite often though I'm not one myself. People forget that JW's are christians too. Most of mainstream christianity belittles them tends to act "non-christian" when it comes to them. I'm treated the same way for my "Armstrongist" beliefs. You may also assume that the church you were at was a bad seed out of many good seeds. I wish you well and hope you find the answers you are looking for. I urge you to visit those websites I gave on my last post. Maybe it's something you can relate to better than JWs. God bless you and lay off the iggy button. Miriam is very smart and very informative. I think an "agree to disagree" treaty should be at work here. Why don't we all get along like all christians should? Peace.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Well, as I said before, when all I fight for is truth, being called a liar is just a violation, and after all my explanations, just mean at this point.

I have nothing to learn from someone being so predjudiced against me. After all this was supposed to be a thread about me being able to forgie the JW's for the exact predgudice....I still forgie them, but it is like she is trying to take that away from me and stir the pot. I need healing, not a scraping of the old wounds by someone new.

Spiritual abuse is just as damaging as any other abuse.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I have nothing to learn from someone being so predjudiced against me.

if you have me on ignore, you wont be able to see this, so this is more for other viewing this.

i wasnt being prejudiced. i was using logic.

if a person describes their life in seville, and it doesnt match up with what is actually in seville, then i can logically conclude that they have never been in seville.

it goes the same for this thread. the OP describes a procedure that isnt procedure. the holes in the story make it evident that she is not telling everything. thats not prejudice, or spiritual abuse. its logic.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566

I have nothing to learn from someone being so predjudiced against me.

if you have me on ignore, you wont be able to see this, so this is more for other viewing this.

i wasnt being prejudiced. i was using logic.

if a person describes their life in seville, and it doesnt match up with what is actually in seville, then i can logically conclude that they have never been in seville.

it goes the same for this thread. the OP describes a procedure that isnt procedure. the holes in the story make it evident that she is not telling everything. thats not prejudice, or spiritual abuse. its logic.

This was miriam's last post in case you have her on ignore. As far as what you said last about being belittled or being made out a liar, just think what Jesus had to go through. The jewish leaders of that time were trying to make Jesus out to be a liar and blasphemer and He was hung on the cross for that lie. What did Jesus do? Asked God to forgive them "for they no not what they do." Even in the process of being murdered by the Romans due to the Jews, Jesus had a forgiving attitude toward them all. Hear miriam out before you come to conclusions about her. She's not trying to belittle you or make you out a liar. She's looking at things logically the way she see's them. Remember that before getting your feelings hurt about it.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I still don't think we should be judgeing people

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
I still don't think we should be judgeing people

there is a difference between judging people, and judging their actions.

judging a person is deciding whether a person is guilty or innocent when compared with a moral standard. we are incapable of doing this since it involves judging the heart which we cant do.

judging a person actions is something we have to do to protect ourselves.

let me illustrate.

a friend asks you if he can borrow 1000 euros. you give him the money, but after he ends up not paying you back.

he approaches you again and askes for another 1000 euros.

you may misapply what jesus was saying by thinking who am i to judge him?

however, you friend is showing by his actions that he is in error.

refusing to give the money to your friend would not be judging him. 1. you may be helping him by refusing, perhaps he will someday learn to be more responsible with his money. 2 you are protecting yourself if he is in fact a con. 3 by refusing, you may help him to realize that he was in error the first time.

im not judging the OP. im simply stating that i disagree with her story and that i think she is leaving major parts out. im not saying she is a good or bad person for it, but i am bringing to her attention that slandering (if she is in fact slandering) has certain affects on those who hear it.

its not judging

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
He also said if in that town they don't recieve you dust off your feet...

My feelings are fine, I am fine. I just don't feel like trying to prove myself to someone who will never be satisfied....

Jesus talked about them saying " If I play the fute for them, they will say, no play the drum, if I play the drum for them they will say no play the flute"

I have been through hell and back and through some of the worst abuse imaginable. I could sit here for 10 hours takinging about it, or I could choose to take my leave.

If I know someone is never going to see me in a loving light, then I do not need to be exposed to that person.

Forgiveness is notabout accepting abuse. It is about not holdong on to anger and resentment.

I have no anger or resntment to hang on to, but I also have no need for passive agression, or veiled attacks.

I am already haing a hard enough time in this most vulnerable and delicate time I am going through....

I started this thread to try and say I forgive what happened to me, and I do not hold them all in the same light as those ones who did unjustice.

Congregations get dissolved for being out of line with scripture. That congregation got dissolved and those elders long removed.

I was not the only person they treated this way.

I am over it. But it did happen just as I said, I am not and was not hiding anything and I did not have any alterior motives as she has implied repeatedly.

I have stated my side enouygh times and just feel criminalised all over again.

When I am inthe wrong, I am happy to see it, humble myself and move on.

When myself or others have the best of intentions but instead are degraded or attacked I must take my leave, as there is nothing about that that is acceptable to God.

Why else would Jesu become so angry at pharasees and money changers?

Sometimes it is wrong NOT to be angry at a lie.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Just to add, I have been raped as well, do you know what it feels like to be raped by the "honor student" Town hero"....no one will believe you and then they will riducule you to make you feel ten times worse.

I can tell you, this does not feel much different than being raped and then having no one believe you, but instead call you a liar.

When someone makes you feel like aGod does not love you, who is directing that?

I know God dosen't try to make me feel like he dosen't love me.

If someone tries to imply God does not love you then THAT is what I mean by spiritual abuse.

This world is hard enough without knowing you are loved by God.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Did you experience any SRA which is common in the JW cult?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Amen sister, God pours out His love soo much to those who know Him, and when we turn our backs, He pours out His love even more....

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Did you experience any SRA which is common in the JW cult?

what is SRA??? Not sure....

and thank you for understanding.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

"Satanic Ritual Abuse" There is a big problem with that within the JW's. Google their history with SRA and their many attempts to sweep complaints under the rug.

I hope to God that was not your experience, t's very damaging to a person's psyche.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Here is a start my beloved sister in Christ:

INFO 4 you MM

Have you ever heard of any of this before?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
"A truth presented by Satan himself is just as true as a truth stated by God... Accept truth wherever you find it, no matter what it contradicts."

Charles Taze Russell, "Zion's Watchtower". July 1879, pp 8, 9

"A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit."

Jesus Christ, Matthiew 7:18 KJV

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join