It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The BTS Factor! - Talent contest **Entries**

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Welcome one and all to the first ever The BTS factor! Talent Contest.
Most of us have watched one or other Reality “talent” show, enter the room “Idols”, “America’s Got Talent”, “America's Top Model”, “Project Runway”, “Popstars”, “X-factor” and so on. Many of us watch it simply out of Morbid Fascination, aka to laugh at other people.
And I’m sure many of us have thought “I can do better than that!”...

Well. Here’s your chance to show your stuff. BUT don’t forget that this is AboveTopSecret where Alternative is the name of the game. In other words we don’t want to see you karaoke to “No Woman No Cry” or your rendition of “Lady in Red” on the piano. It’s been done. We want to see weird, wonderful and wacky. We want to see you whistle the X-files theme song through your nose. We want to see you play “Piano Man” on a Didgeridoo. We want to see you juggle 3 cats, 5 hamsters and the washing machine...

*** This thread is for entries ONLY!

How does it work:

1. Record yourself showing off you talent on video.
2. Upload the video to Media@ATS.
3. Post your clip in the entries thread HERE.
4. Members will then give stars to the entries. Member votes will count 33% and Judges’ votes will count 67%.
5. The competition will close Monday 12 October 2009 at 12 PM GMT – at which point the member voting will be tallied.
Date extended to 19 October 2009.
6. Judges votes will then be added and the winners announced.
7. If you want to comment on an entry or ask a question you can do so HERE.

Rules:

1. The competition is open to everyone (staff included – but no points for them!).
2. Your video MUST be your own property, i.e. not someone else’s talent. You have to indicate at the beginning of the video clip that the clip is intended for ATS, for example say “This is my talent for the ATS talent contest” or hold up a piece of paper with “4 ATS” written on it.
3. Your video MUST be uploaded to Media @ ATS. Video clips by other sites will not be accepted.
4. Nothing illegal will be accepted.
5. DO NOT put yourself or anyone else in danger. Trying to shoot an apple from your brother’s head with a crossbow will not be accepted. If you juggle the 3 cats, 5 hamsters and the washing machine and one of the hamsters sprains an ankle, you will be disqualified!
6. You do not have to show your face in the video. If your talent requires a “wide angle” shot, be creative if you desire to hide your identity.
7. Only 2 entries per member. (You can either enter the same talent twice, or two different talents.)
8. All comments in the entries thread will be removed. Entries only! Comments, questions and discussions about entries go here:
9. The usual board Terms and Conditions apply.
10. You MUST have fun!

Prizes:
Category:
Weirdest talent (Will be indicated by Judges):
First Prize: 25,000 points
Second Prize: 15,000 points
Third Prize: 10,000 points

Most Talented (Will be indicated my member voting and Judges):
First Prize: 25,000 points
Second Prize: 15,000 points
Third Prize: 10,000 points

*** This thread is for entries ONLY!

[edit on 19-9-2009 by Gemwolf]

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Gemwolf]

Edit: Date extended to 19 October 2009.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by Gemwolf]

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Hey hey this looks like fun, I will have a go, here's me opining a beer. Big deal you say?
But can you do it with your eye socket

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
[SNIP]

Mod Note:
This thread is for entries only. Please feel free to add your comments and encouragements in THIS THREAD. Thank you.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
And just for kicks and giggles, my entry:

Warning: This kind of music has been known to cause bleeding eardrums.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
My entry!!!

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I dare to be 1st non mod to post an entry, but
for showing us the way!

I hope I don't win by default! :shk:
Surely the talent pool here on ATS isn't that shallow?
[Oh and soz about poor quality of vids audio in parts!
]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
My first entry.

I hope I don't look silly or anything...

[edit on 27-9-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Wow!

Come on MEMBERS BRING IT!

Hats off to OmegaLogos and Benevolent Heretic!

Springer...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

My offering will be up in due time. I am in the process of puting together my crew. Anything worth doing, is worth doing well.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Here's an entry from me. I haven't been able to compress the other one I was going to upload, so this will have to do for now until I can trim the other one up enough to post.

Sorry that the solo sound is slightly too soft. Just means you'll have to listen even harder!

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Yay I got it to upload! I realized I was trying to upload the file on the camera, before it had been converted to a WMV, instead of the converted file. I still couldn't get the sound to synvh up, but oh well it'll work for now.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
[SNIP]

Mod Edit:

Entry removed. Please review the rules:

2. Your video MUST be your own property, i.e. not someone else’s talent. You have to indicate at the beginning of the video clip that the clip is intended for ATS, for example say “This is my talent for the ATS talent contest” or hold up a piece of paper with “4 ATS” written on it.
3. Your video MUST be uploaded to Media @ ATS. Video clips by other sites will not be accepted.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
This is my other talent entry: Dog Training.

The clicking sound you hear is a "clicker". It's a useful tool in training a dog because it marks the dogs behavior and is more consistent than a human voice. It lets the dog know two things:

1. That is the action I'm looking for.
2. A treat is coming. (eventually, the treat is faded out)

Clicker training is very interesting because you don't introduce a command until AFTER the dog learns the behavior. It also allows the dog to use his brain to figure things out for himself and that way, he remembers it better and it makes for a more "thinking" dog.

While I use all four quadrants of Operant Conditioning, this video employs only "Positive Reinforcement", which is what I use most.

This is the first time that Jaia (my avatar dog) has been exposed to the objects in the video, but he is used to "clicker training". Hope you enjoy it!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Can I post a video of electronic music I produce?? The video is only a ep cover of one of my releases???

Mod Edit: Your question has been answered in the Talent Contest Questions and Comments thread.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
The contest is now closed. Member voting (by stars) are as follows:

Sauron - 20.
Asala - 19.
OmegaLogos - 17.
Benevolent Heretic (Entry 1) - 12.
DarkHelmet (Entry 1) - 5.
DarkHelmet (Entry 2) - 8.
Benevolent Heretic (Entry 2) - 5.

This is the star count at the time of this post. No further stars will be counted after this post has been posted.

We're just waiting for all the judges' votes before the final winner is announced.

Thank you for all the great entries! We're a bit disappointed with the lack of entries - who would have guessed our members are this shy to show their stuff?

Perhaps we'll run another contest during the holiday time when people have more time on their hands.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
And the results are out.

Due to the lack of entries the second and third prize points will be divided equally amongst the runners up.

Final count:
Sauron - 59%
Asala - 45%
OmegaLogos - 94%
Benevolent Heretic (Entry 1) - 33%
DarkHelmet (Entry 1) - 61%
DarkHelmet (Entry 2) - 26%
Benevolent Heretic (Entry 2) - 61%

CONGRATULATIONS OmegaLogos!

OmegaLogos receives 25,000 BTS points. Our other entries will receive 12,500 BTS points.

Thank you once again for all the entries. I'm sure everyone will agree that it was a lot of fun. Be sure to keep an eye out for the next talent contest.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
OmegaLogos's BTS Talent Factor Award Acceptance Speech.

Oh my!
I'm totally humbled and overwhelmed by this Award! Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!

I would like to thank the following people....

To both my parents. Mum and Dad, I love you! Thank you for my existence!

To both my brothers, who made this technically possible and generally put up with me and all my faults! I love you guy's!

To my Girl-Friend, I love you more than I can express! You are my World, my Goddess, my Foundation!

To Gemwolf, for holding this competion, I am forever gratefull! Thank you for giving us all the opportunity to shine!

To all the members who partook in this BTS Talent Factor competition and made it a challenging and enthralling experience for me personally, I admire and applaud all your fresh doses of Bold Flare! and I encourage you all to continue to strive in the area's of your individual talents. You are all Winners in my eyes!

To the 3 Amigo's,
and all the ATS/BTS staff, I am forever in your debt the for existence and running of this excellent website! Thank you! Thank You! Thank You!

Finally I would like to dedicate this award to the memory and talents of Don Lane [wiki]! R.I.P Mate and Thanks for all the laughs and all the good times!

With Don's recent passing and this competition at an end, I feel it would be quite fitting that I get Australia's best ever imported talent to close the show!...Take it away Don.....

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Congratulations.................Well deserved, well deserved. Everyone had some great entries actually. It is too bad no more entered but maybe next time.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

edit on 3-12-2010 by Skid Mark because: didn't see the comment link. sorry

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

this is a super video ! OL everyone listen to the words ! its deep , thank you OL this made my night allot better !

top topics

join