It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The BTS Factor! - Talent contest **Comments and questions**

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
A bit of a bump, We must have more adventurous and oddly talented members here,

[edit on 30/9/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
So I'm going to upload a video of me playing Nothing Else Matters. I've never recorded myself before, so I have a question for those that have.

When I viewed the video, I noticed the video is a good second or so behind the audio. I have a cheaper camera, so maybe thats why that happens?

If it's fixable I'd like to fix it before uploading it, if theres nothing that I can do, I'll go ahead and upload it.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkHelmet

The problem occurs - typically - during the recording process, and is called often caused by too little memory (RAM). You may want to adjust the audio settings a bit (such as offset) and do some test recordings to find the optimal settings to re-record your performance.

There is also a couple of editing software packages that can help you resynchronise the final clip.

That said - don't worry too much about it. We're not looking for quality video and sound, we're looking for quality talent...

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Ok, I'm trying to upload the video to ATS Media, but its saying the file is too large. It's 75.8 MB so its not that large. Help?

edit* Ah, I see the 50 MB upload limit... maybe I can trim the file without taking anything useful away.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by DarkHelmet]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkHelmet

It's beautiful! Great job! You look great, too!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Omg this looks so goof ! Blimin eck I loved all of them
I really wanna try opening the beer bottle with my eye, but last time i tried something like that i cracked a tooth... don't want to end up blind now lol

I would do one but I don't think I have a talent, apart from being a annoying pain in the bum
.... I do it so well !

Hope everyone is well.

xx

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Oni x x

LOL sis.. If i did it then so can you! why dont you do a song? your a good singer

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
reply to post by Oni x x

LOL sis.. If i did it then so can you! why dont you do a song? your a good singer

Hey !!! I have an idea...why don't you and Onixxxxx do A DUET video.
WE NEED MORE FLUTE VIDS !!!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Can anyone inhale a beer up there nose

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Hmmmm sis you know your a better singer than I am!!!

LOL! I can play green sleeves on the piano... lol not really weird though is it ?? erm.... any pointers sis, you know me so well... anything weird about me that could be classed as a talent??

x

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
C'mon! If I can recite the 50 states, surely you can sing a song!

I've been trying for 2 hours to upload my 2nd talent and it just won't upload...
Maybe posting about it here will help.

No. It didn't help. I'm ready to start pulling my hair out. That's a talent, eh?

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by kcfusion
reply to post by Springer

Can I post a video of electronic music I produce?? The video is only a ep cover of one of my releases???

As I said earlier in the thread - all entries are welcome - as long as they follow the rules. Non-video (i.e. MP3s) are also welcome BUT they will not be eligible for a prize ad you have to make sure that it's a. YOUR property (i.e. there are no other copyrights on the clip, other than your own) and b. There is a "For ATS talent contest" announcement in the clip.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Oni x x

After careful deliberation by the judges it was decided that Asala will be disqualified from the competition unless Oni submit an entry.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

You big unfair meanie!!!!

Okay I will make a vid, but i have no idea what it is yet....

x

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
The contest is now closed. Member voting (by stars) are as follows:

Sauron - 20.
Asala - 19.
OmegaLogos - 17.
Benevolent Heretic (Entry 1) - 12.
DarkHelmet (Entry 1) - 5.
DarkHelmet (Entry 2) - 8.
Benevolent Heretic (Entry 2) - 5.

This is the star count at the time of this post. No further stars will be counted after this post has been posted.

We're just waiting for all the judges' votes before the final winner is announced.

Thank you for all the great entries! We're a bit disappointed with the lack of entries - who would have guessed our members are this shy to show their stuff?

Perhaps we'll run another contest during the holiday time when people have more time on their hands.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
And the results are out.

Due to the lack of entries the second and third prize points will be divided equally amongst the runners up.

Final count:
Sauron - 59%
Asala - 45%
OmegaLogos - 94%
Benevolent Heretic (Entry 1) - 33%
DarkHelmet (Entry 1) - 61%
DarkHelmet (Entry 2) - 26%
Benevolent Heretic (Entry 2) - 61%

CONGRATULATIONS OmegaLogos!

OmegaLogos receives 25,000 BTS points. Our other entries will receive 12,500 BTS points.

Thank you once again for all the entries. I'm sure everyone will agree that it was a lot of fun. Be sure to keep an eye out for the next talent contest.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Congratulations OmegaLogos! Great Job!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I've really enjoyed the BTS Talent Contest, but was a bit disappointed that not so many people entered. I can't complain really, I've no discernible talents so I couldn't participate either.

However, if there was a prize for the person who enjoyed it the most, I'd be a contender for that

Well done everybody and thank you for taking the trouble. We might not have had the quantity, but the quality was brilliant.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Congrats!! OmegaLogos !
Well deserved! Thank you for entertaining us,

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
OmegaLogos's BTS Talent Factor Award Acceptance Speech.

Oh my!
I'm totally humbled and overwhelmed by this Award! Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!

I would like to thank the following people....

To both my parents. Mum and Dad, I love you! Thank you for my existence!

To both my brothers, who made this technically possible and generally put up with me and all my faults! I love you guy's!

To my Girl-Friend, I love you more than I can express! You are my World, my Goddess, my Foundation!

To Gemwolf, for holding this competion, I am forever gratefull! Thank you for giving us all the opportunity to shine!

To all the members who partook in this BTS Talent Factor competition and made it a challenging and enthralling experience for me personally, I admire and applaud all your fresh doses of Bold Flare! and I encourage you all to continue to strive in the area's of your individual talents. You are all Winners in my eyes!

To the 3 Amigo's,
and all the ATS/BTS staff, I am forever in your debt the for existence and running of this excellent website! Thank you! Thank You! Thank You!

Finally I would like to dedicate this award to the memory and talents of Don Lane [wiki]! R.I.P Mate and Thanks for all the laughs and all the good times!

With Don's recent passing and this competition at an end, I feel it would be quite fitting that I get Australia's best ever imported talent to close the show!...Take it away Don.....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join