It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The BTS Factor! - Talent contest **Comments and questions**

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Welcome one and all to the first ever The BTS factor! Talent Contest.
Most of us have watched one or other Reality “talent” show, enter the room “Idols”, “America’s Got Talent”, “America's Top Model”, “Project Runway”, “Popstars”, “X-factor” and so on. Many of us watch it simply out of Morbid Fascination, aka to laugh at other people.
And I’m sure many of us have thought “I can do better than that!”...

Well. Here’s your chance to show your stuff. BUT don’t forget that this is AboveTopSecret where Alternative is the name of the game. In other words we don’t want to see you karaoke to “No Woman No Cry” or your rendition of “Lady in Red” on the piano. It’s been done. We want to see weird, wonderful and wacky. We want to see you whistle the X-files theme song through your nose. We want to see you play “Piano Man” on a Didgeridoo. We want to see you juggle 3 cats, 5 hamsters and the washing machine...

*** This thread is for comments and questions ONLY!

How does it work:

1. Record yourself showing off you talent on video.
2. Upload the video to Media@ATS.
3. Post your clip in the entries thread HERE.
4. Members will then give stars to the entries. Member votes will count 33% and Judges’ votes will count 67%.
5. The competition will close Monday 12 October 2009 at 12 PM GMT – at which point the member voting will be tallied.
Date extended to 19 October 2009.
6. Judges votes will then be added and the winners announced.
7. If you want to comment on an entry or ask a question you can do so HERE.

Rules:

1. The competition is open to everyone (staff included – but no points for them!).
2. Your video MUST be your own property, i.e. not someone else’s talent. You have to indicate at the beginning of the video clip that the clip is intended for ATS, for example say “This is my talent for the ATS talent contest” or hold up a piece of paper with “4 ATS” written on it.
3. Your video MUST be uploaded to Media @ ATS. Video clips by other sites will not be accepted.
4. Nothing illegal will be accepted.
5. DO NOT put yourself or anyone else in danger. Trying to shoot an apple from your brother’s head with a crossbow will not be accepted. If you juggle the 3 cats, 5 hamsters and the washing machine and one of the hamsters sprains an ankle, you will be disqualified!
6. You do not have to show your face in the video. If your talent requires a “wide angle” shot, be creative if you desire to hide your identity.
7. Only 2 entries per member. (You can either enter the same talent twice, or two different talents.)
8. All comments in the entries thread will be removed. Entries only! Comments, questions and discussions about entries go here:
9. The usual board Terms and Conditions apply.
10. You MUST have fun!

Prizes:
Category:
Weirdest talent (Will be indicated by Judges):
First Prize: 25,000 points
Second Prize: 15,000 points
Third Prize: 10,000 points

Most Talented (Will be indicated my member voting and Judges):
First Prize: 25,000 points
Second Prize: 15,000 points
Third Prize: 10,000 points

*** This thread is for comments and questions ONLY!

[edit on 19-9-2009 by Gemwolf]

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Gemwolf]

Edit; Date extended to 19 October 2009.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Just watched Sauron's entry..eh? lol..
Ya make me feel like I'm a weakling...can barely twist off the cap with my hand...:shk:
Gotta tell you, that looks painful.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
LOVE this!!! And i cant wait to see everyone enter! I know i sure will! This will be such a good laugh! I hope others give this a go to!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
zazz opens a packet of peanuts, reclines in the recliner chair, grabs the remote and enjoys the show.
Bring It

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Darn it! I don't have a talent.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

eh,,

I'm talking the eye of Sauron here

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I love your entry gem!

Sauron, I would be to afraid to try that! I would cut my eye up!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I am trying to think of something that I could do.

I will have to give this some thought, because the competition is already stiff as can be!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

I'm talking the eye of Sauron here

OK I hope not only LOTR fans would understand how funny that line is...
Saroun, I have a crush on you now. Sigh... I better add you to my crush thread

www.belowtopsecret.com...
There done.
Zazzy F

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

GEM, Im kinda speachless, it took not just years to master that instrument, but the way you keep the beat with the gentle tapping of your foot,...sublime.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   

I gots no cam to vid with...

Would enter if I could.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Does the entry HAVE to be a video clip? I have multiple MP3 recordings of music I play. I can provide original files for any proof needed.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkHelmet

To be fair all entries must be video clips. However, post your clip, and if you get enough votes to be in the running, we'll come up with a consolation prize.

The official first three prizes will only go to video entries.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
LOL well mine is now up so you lot had better hurry up and join me!!!

I dont want to steal the show ya know

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
LOL well mine is now up so you lot had better hurry up and join me!!!

I dont want to steal the show ya know

Jules..that was amazing!!!!! You have practiced well.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

That was awesome Asala

I had visions of jesters and maidens and castles and stuff.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences.

Explanation: I've given it a go! I apologize for the poor quality of audio in some parts, but its the best I could do with my dodgy setup!

Personal Disclosure: I owe my bro's a debt of gratitude for helping all they could to help me get the video done and up and even though its lousy as, it would never have gotten off the ground without them so they desrerve my public kudos to them! bro's You ROCK!

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
i wish i had a talent

all i can do is drink a full bottle of vinegar but i've been told my my doctor to stop it

so you'll just have to imagine me doing it
gulp gulp

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I dont think my talent is appropriate for this site
.....dang

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Everyone has a talent! It's supposed to be wacky, so lets see some more videos! I have another one I'm working on.

(I am facing the camera in my video, btw. The headband is across my eyes.
)

These are FUN to watch! LOL

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join