It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Show on Animal Planet: Lost Tapes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I was flipping through the tube when I saw a commercial for a show that is airing on Tuesday on the Animal Planet channel.

It's called "Lost Tapes", which are apparent tapes and footage of victoms of close encounters with unknown creatures.

Lost Tapes

The link above takes you to the site where you can watch 3 videos. One is of a girl being swallowed by something in a lake while her friends video tape it.
Another is of a 3 men in a river, one of them has his leg stuck under a log and he calls an old man to help him get unstuck, the old man wades into the river and gets sucked down by something resulting in the water surrounding them turning to blood.
The last one is of a prank gone wrong and they encounter a weird creature.

Are these real? Or just a publicity stunt? Why would they air it on animal planet if there's not some truth to them?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
thanks man

i love this stuff

i don't care if it is fake (which it probably iss)

it's entertaining

there are more than just the three previews

here's one for skinwalker

animal.discovery.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Dude this crap is ultra fake . Its totally obvious.

Question 1 ) How did they get all of these super intense Camera Angles??

Exactly, cuz it's all faked.

They should have to admit it is totally staged and acting though.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Dude this crap is ultra fake . Its totally obvious.

Question 1 ) How did they get all of these super intense Camera Angles??

Exactly, cuz it's all faked.

They should have to admit it is totally staged and acting though.

I thought the same thing. I guess Ill have to watch the show to really determine. Maybe some of the videos are fake and some are actual footage, it seems that way to me. The site doesnt mention anything about whether or not they are real, Ill just have to hold my conclusion till it airs. Still though, its very interesting to watch.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It does not claim they are real because they do not want to get sued lol.

I keep watching the videos, and I admit they are Entertaining. Looks like a winner show honestly. Cant wait to see more.

But it is for sure faked. I mean listen to the silly "scary music" and all that. Theres no way any of what I've seen so far could be real lol.

Well, it was Real actors and Real scripts at least

Ok going to watch more now, thanks for the Link btw man, i really appreciate it. Cool show!

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
Why would they air it on animal planet if there's not some truth to them?

This video should explain every reason why. Listen closely to the lyrics

That is why it's on Animal Planet.

$ $ $ $

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Bummer in the third clip the guy asks - "Did you see a demon"... (When it was a hairy guy in a suit she was supposed to see)...

Right up until then I was sure I was watching three clips as real as pie.

lol

(Not but I still wont do swimmin tomorrow in the woods)....

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
just for anyone wanting more non-animal planet, background on the show heres its Wiki link

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Ahh ok so they are fiction. Wow, thanks I should have looked up the program on wiki. I still can't wait to see the show, it looks so fun.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Uh.. Your quite sheltered if you can't tell a fake scream from a real scream. By the 1st second it was obviously super fake. I don't know how it could fool anybody.

Don't even watch it. It's complete trash.

Sorry though, just an opinion. It could be entertaining.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by FouL-LiveR]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Yeah the videos aren't real, i don't think anyone should be rude about it though. It's an alright show but i always forget to watch it =(

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I'm sick of all these shows popping up on tv, about the "unexplained" and the "mysterious" it's as if they are mocking all believers.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadestruck
I'm sick of all these shows popping up on tv, about the "unexplained" and the "mysterious" it's as if they are mocking all believers.

Here here. I second that.

It does get annoying, and it seems as though they think we're stoopid enough to believe this pugswash.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by TheOmen]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

I only watched 2 so far and the do look fake but hey, I love shows like this and I would rather watch a good fake than the hokey shirt tugging, table moving antics on GhostHunters. S & F for bringing this up. I never go by animal planet anymore since they moved it into the high numbers but I will be looking for this.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
These are real reports but what they show are reenactments. So in other words they take some report about a crytid and reenact it. So what they show on the show is fake but what they are trying to show is an exprience someone supposedly had and how it would look if it was caught on tape. Its a really good show.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
When does the show start?

Or has it already started?

It looks really interesting

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
It is a disgraceful way that TV companies, programme
makers and the like, exploit the investigative nature of
some people.
They promise so much with their documentaries. They
imply that if one would continue to watch the show, the
truth will be revealed at the end. However, all the time,
not sometimes... all the time, the creature or subject of
the documentary remains as elusive as ever.

They prey on the want from folk who wish that these
creatures etc, exist. Boo I say.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by A boy in a dress]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBinxMonster3
When does the show start?

Or has it already started?

It looks really interesting

This show has been on at least since last year. I remember finding it randomly one day and had it set ever since to automatically search for new eps and record on DVR. I've seen everyone that they've aired. I guess it sucks if they're faked, it would be cool if at least one of them or a few was real.

This years episodes appear to be a little bit better, the ideas of these monsters they find really open my mind to the possibilities of what is out there or peoples imaginations. Some of the creatures I had no idea that they existed, but some could be thought up just for the show also.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by thecann]

join