It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was Jesus a carpenter?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
bible is a history book, just like any other ... thats why jesus was a carpenter .... goooood please make it stop !! if god exists, he will help this thread!!

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

I'm having a difficult time finding the big written histories of the KJV and the modern tranlastion study, I will find it, however this is a very brief history of the differences:

info

I will contine to search....

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
A thing that puzzles me: If Jesju was a carpenter then explain the following: I have read much both church approved and other apocryphal or uncanonised texts on the Christ, but never have I read about him ever holding a hammer. Infact, the word hammer isn't used in the whole NT. But I can vividly imagine a hammer being used at the crucifiction....

[edit on 29/9/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Yes, it s a history book, but I disagree that it's like any other. Are you aware of any history boo that is 1/3 prophecy that is 100% accurate to date?

I'm not aware of any myself.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

LOL, I don't know, it simply says he was a carpenter until His baptism when he began His ministy.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
No, he was a "naggar", which may mean both carpenter and teacher. Since Jesju was a teacher in the latter parts of the gospel, people everywhere call him rabbi and rabbuni which are other words which means teacher, I see no reason why he wouldn't have been a teacher also before we meet him as a full blown naggar, in the meaning teacher, not carpenter. Everything he does is teach.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Perhaps he taught carpentry? I dunno.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Perhaps, but I doubt it. Jesju wasn't a handyman. He was a handy thinker. A vigillant student of the Law and the Prophets. A guy almost obsessed with Enock's tradition, and a loss in his life, his father died when he was still a kid. The new Josef wasn't entirely welcomed with Jesju in the beginning, it is said that he had to lie face down for quite a while before the young Christ would speak to him. These stories are all around, birds carry them around.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
When we first meet Jesju he is a man with a mission, just like when he departs. Somehow, I came to think about the Disney classic with the three piglets and the wolf. School of Mosjeh, sticks, School of Jesju, timber and wood, son of Jesju: Rock and giant pearls and crystals. The New Jerusalem...

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by infobrazil
I've seen many pictures of paintings where Jesus holds a compass...

Like that:

www.bmi.net...

Carpenter reminds mason. Jesus used some "stone" metaphors. Jesus teached using allegories and gave "pre-digested" wisdom only for the "choosen ones".

What your thoughts on this?

The real question is why did the artist choose to put a compass in his hand. I'm quite sure Jesus didn't pose for the painting.
Perhaps the artist was a mason himself and wanted to put a bit of personal symbolism in there.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Because people were not stupid enough to give 10% of their hard earned money to preachers yet.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join