It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell Whistleblower: The Real Story, From The Documents!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by airforce47
The gentlemen to me is not credible. I served in the USAF for 23 years and know about security classifications. His statements are not factual. Roswell did happen as all the facts can attest but this person is disinformation either deliberately or by chance. My best,

He does believe, that the documents he read were real. However, IMHO, what he read, was disinformation, only to be disseminated by someone without the proper security clearance.
Check your 6 and maintain angels, lest the earth rise up to smite thee.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
douglas dietrich addresses your concerns! 6 parts here, more to come..

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTopSecret.com
Former Department of Defense research librarian, Douglas Dietrich, provides information gained from handling top-secret documents about the incident in Roswell, NM.

(snip)
We (ATS) take no position as to the authenticity of these personal accounts, and provide them to you, the world, for review, examination, and consideration

If (as the disclaimer at the bottom of the OP indicates) ATS takes no position as to the authenticity of these personal accounts, shouldn't the introduction be more neutral e.g.:

(1) by putting claims made by Douglas Dietrich in quotation marks and/or

(2) replacing statements of fact such as the contention that he "provides informed gained from handling top-secret documents" with something more neutral, e.g. "claims he his providing information gained from ...".

Otherwise, it certainly looks like ATS is endorsing claims which are (to put if mildly) rather controversial.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Very good points Isaac and you're probably right "technically". The reality is to have any hope of recouping the costs to get content like this, that we provide for free ,we have to get Google Search Results that generate the traffic/views.

The only way to get those is through Keywords in the titles. Adding disclaimers or additional words to the titles destroys the keywords' value in Google.

That being said, we do add the disclaimer where it logically should be, at the beginning of the video. It's certainly not perfect, but it's what we have to work with.

Springer...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Adding disclaimers or additional words to the titles destroys the keywords' value in Google.

Well, you chaps know far more about SEO etc than me.

I just found that the introduction to this thread left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. I would not accept as fact the statements put forward in that introduction.

Also, I came across this particular thread in the context of a link to this part of ATS in a message on a ufological email discussion List that referred to people taking ufology for a ride...

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

I wouldn't take anything as "fact" without documented evidence either.

The context of these videos is important, they were recorded at an open wide to the public opportunity to "Tell the World" what you think of Ufology.

It isn't being portrayed as "The Facts of Ufology" nor will it ever be. It is what it is, people sharing their beliefs and opinions and, in some cases, (like this one) what they say is their experience. Of interest is, this speaker doesn't say anything about Ufology at all, rather, he offers a different version (all terrestrial, WWII technology) of what happened at Roswell based on documents he claims to have read.

Springer...

[edit on 9-29-2009 by Springer]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
Also, I came across this particular thread in the context of a link to this part of ATS in a message on a ufological email discussion List that referred to people taking ufology for a ride...

That must have been a very long list indeed... people taking "ufology" for a ride.

Clearly identified scams such as Billy Meier aside, it's always been our position to enable and promote the discussion of all angles of the UFO phenomenon. The intent being that an open and honest collaborative examination of accounts, sightings, stories, etc. is the best way to discover which is a "ride" and which has merit.

As Mark mentioned, the context is important -- a directly related personal account -- and the wording of our introduction and thread title were accurate editorializations of this person's own words.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
[edit on 3-10-2009 by electroman]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by electroman

[edit on 3-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by electroman

Check the top of your browser click the red U2U

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
douglas dietrich with 6 more parts!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
So these weren't just forest fires, but "firestorms", right?" Orders of magnitude larger I suppose than the usual fires in the NW. Hmm. Boy, that shadow government is just so powerful, because there is no record of anything approaching what he describes. And no memory of any such firestorms .

And the "Triple Nickels" (which btw were the first black army parachute outfit, the 555 P.I.R.) who were sent to be smokejumpers - he says "hundreds" of them died in these "firestorms". Hmm. First of all, the 555th was formed late in the war, and didn't even get trained until 1945. They were sent to CA. in May of 1945 to stand by for the THREAT of the Japanese incendiary balloons - which did not materialize. The 555th PIR was used to fight a few regular forest fires in the summer and fall of 1945, but there weren't "hundreds" of fatalities. Or scores, or dozens or a bunch or even a few. One jumper...that's one jumper...died, on August 6, 1945. But I'm sure the truth of all those hundreds of smokejumpers killed was suppressed, just as those government meanies or whoever suppressed the fact of all those "firestorms" of which there is no record.

And Americans don't know that it in essence it was blackmailed by the Japanese and pretty much lost WWII, is that right? Sure, I guess that's why the Japanese behaved as a completely conquered nation, by turning their Emperor into a mere ceremonial figurehead, and giving the Emperor's powers of life and death to an American general. Actually that's not true: MacArthur had more power than Hirohito, since he took not only the Emperor's power, but that of the warlords and the Japanese parliament. MacArthur was the most powerful single man Japan had seen in over 400 years. Ah, but I'm sure that was just a clever ploy designed to lull the Americans into a false sense of victory, in order to, to....uh, something or other.

So are we supposed to just eat up whatever mindless, baseless offal is thrown out, just so long as it fits all the perfect little preconceived conspiratorial notions? We must test factual assertions or we become sycophants, fools and slaves.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by jumjum]

[edit on 13-10-2009 by jumjum]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Thank you Jum Jum I think your right. I think this person was forced given phony information and may not be at fault. The problem is there just may be some small truth in it but none of it has any thing to do with what happened at Roswell anyway.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Thank you Jum Jum I think your right. I think this person was forced given phony information and may not be at fault. The problem is there just may be some small truth in it but none of it has any thing to do with what happened at Roswell anyway.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Douglas is on this recent coasttocoastam interview with Joseph P. Farrell --

www.youtube.com...

He makes a call in and talks nonstop about how ATS freaked about his interview here on the Japanese behind Roswell.

Again I think Nick Redfern's book is right on but Farrell is arguing that Roswell was not a U.S. experiment with Nazi technology but a Nazi craft crash which the U.S. had to cover up.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Man I ran across this looking for some Farrell stuff, your link is dead, here's another that works.

The Douglas guy goes apecrap and gets shoved off the air like some kind of loony bird.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Does anyone put any stock in Mr.Dietrich's claims? I listened to some of his three-hour talk with Exo-politics and among his theory about Japanese involvement with the Roswell crash and the 'Battle of Los Angeles'. He goes on to say that Philip J. Corso and Stanton T. Friedman were disinformation agents? I think he inferred that simply because they've worked under/for the government at some point. Seems a bit of a generalisation. Furthermore, he claims to have come across this material whilst working as a researcher for the DoD before incinerating some of it. How are we able to corroborate any of his claims?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Hi,

Originally posted by Retro~Burn
Does anyone put any stock in Mr.Dietrich's claims?

No i don´t
I don´t care, nor have i even read his take on Roswell, because he discredited himself (IMHO) completely with historical claims that are rather easy to falsify ( for instance he rants about the russian jewish enclave Oblast being established by the japanese in 1934-36 - when in Fact it was founded by Stalin in 1928.)

Furthermore, he claims to have come across this material whilst working as a researcher for the DoD before incinerating some of it. How are we able to corroborate any of his claims?

Quite a yarn he is selling...just another Desinfo Jockey imho in it for $ and the 15 minutes.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This guy is a ghastly oik and a proven dissembler.....Why is this not in the Hoax section?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

Pretty damn cool! Thanks for the video!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join