It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

silly question about the warn button on avatars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
What are the little red boxes under some peoples that say warn. Would I be warning them? I just didn't think I had that power, plus it's not all just some, and sometimes it's one sometimes two. I know I should know, but I don't please help.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Reply to post by searching4truth

When u break the t and c severely its minus 1,000 points and a warn tag for three days. If you get three in three days time you receive a posting ban.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Usually these warn icons are for threads that the user posted and the post was completely irrelevant. Or wayyyy off topic.

Hope it helps. (you can click on the warn to see what post they were warned about)

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

When you're naughty, you get these little presents from staff.

I believe three-strikes and they make you invisible...or blow you up...or something...

Don't be naughty.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I've never seen that before! Now I have to go looking for these rebels!

I love ATS, every day I learn something new!

Can you see the WARN yourself or can others see it only?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Thanks, my mouse had changed form on it when I rolled over it, and I was tempted to click to see what it was but I didn't want to mess anyone up because I can't resist the urge to click.

Thanks again

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

LMAO, they'll blow you up, too funny. I will try to be a good little poster
I'm innocent, I swear.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
apparently they are for when you get offended by someone else's offensive thread and you comment about how offensive it was and rebut it, well then you get warned.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus
apparently they are for when you get offended by someone else's offensive thread and you comment about how offensive it was and rebut it, well then you get warned.

Hey! Thats not cool bringing your grievance into a freshman forum question. Raise your grievance through the complaints button.

OP if like the above poster you have a warn sign, its not for what they have claimed, the poster has been warned for violating T and C.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Lol, thanks for the beautifully illustrated example. I understand, at first I noticed the buttons were able to clicked upon, but I wasn't sure if that would result in me warning someone. After I realized that not everyone had these fantastic little tags (not to mention I haven't been long enough to have any power) I thought I'd ask before I "blew someone up".

Thanks everyone

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Not at all silly, and if you click on the warn flag, you see the what the t and c violation was given for

Feel free to u2u me if you need adopting whilst your new

zazz

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I was recently given a warn by mistake . The mod in fact was only trying to off topic me but they hit the wrong button and gave me a warning

The mod promptly apologized and reimbursed me my points however I was left with the warn tag for the 3 days .

top topics

join