It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMF To Sell 888,463 Pounds Of Gold

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

IMF To Sell 888,463 Pounds Of Gold

www.vorchester.com

A surprise to some, expected by many, the IMF announced late yesterday their plan to sell over 400 metric tons of gold.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Wow! That's a lot of gold. I'm glad I didn't buy any. Here's an ironic quote.

One of the goals for this sale is to improve “surveillance of members”

Since it was members who gave them the gold in the first place.

What will this do to the dollar? It will certainly be a big boost for the SDR.

www.vorchester.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
As you stated, the gold really isn't theirs to start with. It belongs to member countries. Funny how they re-release this old news as gold stays above 1000. Their pathetic attempts at manipulation are becoming desperate. 13 Billion is chump change for nations like China who are buying every commodity they can get their hands on using worthless dollar holdings. With many nations taking back their gold from London and New York, it will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Gold just isn't this Important, nor valuable. its only a matter of time before the people who have it get rid of it and the people who want to horde it do so. Then all your value is belonging to them.

I just can't believe such a faulty system like currency is still the only means we have to trade goods and services.

Why wouldn't a regulated bartering system work? I mean everyone needs something, and for the most part everyone has something they are good at, sometimes more than one.

I mean this system we have now is only destine to fail, but not before the people who control it get the most of it.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by 10001011]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 10001011

How do you barter network security consulting with large corporations?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
lol you dont.
Large corps wouldn't exist. who would want to work for a large corp when they could be doing something they love for things they need and want in life?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Bartering services for goods is all good and dandy, but what happens when you want food, but the only skill you have to get it is say playing a piano? What if they person with food does not want such a skill?

Such a bartering system would be flawed beyond belief.

We need to go back to the good old days, where cows, chicken's, grains etc were the main bartering tools. Once we all grow different types of food and raise different types of livestock, we can then barter fair and square, not to mention be self sufficient.

Bring back gold and silver coins also, unlike paper money, it is not limitless, so there is real value behind it, plus the amount in circulation canot be manipluated so easily to make it worth more or less.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saf85
Bartering services for goods is all good and dandy, but what happens when you want food, but the only skill you have to get it is say playing a piano? What if they person with food does not want such a skill?

We need to go back to the good old days, where cows, chicken's, grains etc were the main bartering tools. Once we all grow different types of food and raise different types of livestock, we can then barter fair and square, not to mention be self sufficient.

Bring back gold and silver coins also, unlike paper money, it is not limitless, so there is real value behind it, plus the amount in circulation canot be manipluated so easily to make it worth more or less.

huge mining corps. would be the bankers of the world and that would get messy.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Saf85

And that's exactly what the Constitution says. 'Only Congress will have the power to coin money and it will be a certain weight of gold and silver.

It wasn't until a Christmas recess in congress in 1913 that a handful of Senators passed the federal reserve act, allowing private banks to create our money from 'nothing' and charge us interest on it. Almost a hundred years later and that currency has lost 95% of its value and it's gold and silver backing.

We are being charged hundreds of Billions in interest by the same Banks that put a gun to our head and demanded bailouts or they would 'collapse'. Or was the gun to their head
? What a scam, but that's the price of Ignorance that everyone in this country is and will be paying. They just throw out the old 'more regulations' mantra and the people just sop it up and move on with a lot less purchasing power from their diminishing wages.

However, the pace at which things are falling apart in this ponzi scheme are forcing many to open their eyes and there are some encouraging signs. Audit the Fed, March on Washington, etc......

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
If gold was to be the currency again, then like another poster said huge mining corps would be the new world powers and that will get very messy.

Plus all the panhandler miners who will ravage and rape the land in search of gold, look at Venezuela.

What we need is a global central bank who can only print in relation to world gdp growth. Not like central bankers today who print to manipulate.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Bartering in a very small community = good.

Bartering world wide.... = are you #in kidding?

MONEY is not the root of all evil. Despite what your brainwashing has told you.

MONEY is not the problem.

If it weren't for some form of currency, it's absolutely probable that the computer you're sitting at reading this would not exist.

DESPERATION and it's sister POVERTY are the root of all evil.

Why do we have DESPERATION, brought on by POVERTY? That's because we have a FRAUDULENT money system. It's essentially the worlds biggest ponzi scheme in all of history.

Money, without compounding interest, issued by the state government, and backed by any precious metal is the solution. It always has been and always will be.

The only dilemma, was that with a currency that was backed by something(anything), there was a limit to how much currency could be created. This is a huge "no-no" for international bankers, because without the ability to instantly create ANY amount of money. They would not be able to enslave entire countries at their whim, which is highly documented through IMF loans - particularly to third world countries.

But, the first world countries are not any luckier. We too are slaves, some have come to see the chains that bind them, some continue to blissfully ignore them. But the fact remains, we are all slaves.

ERASE THE BRAINWASHING THAT HAS TOLD YOU MONEY IS EVIL, IT IS NOT TRUE. INSTEAD AKNOWLEDGE THE REAL ISSUES OF THE MONETARY POLICY (PRACTICALLY WORLD WIDE).

Imagine the good that one could do, if 50% of his income wasn't squandered to tens' of different taxes. All so that an imaginary compounding interest debt payment can be made.

The monetary system is the ultimate conspiracy, that has enslaved the world. And no one wants to admit it.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer

If gold was to be the currency again, then like another poster said huge mining corps would be the new world powers and that will get very messy.

Plus all the panhandler miners who will ravage and rape the land in search of gold, look at Venezuela.

What we need is a global central bank who can only print in relation to world gdp growth. Not like central bankers today who print to manipulate.

Negative. Gold IS money. It's the oldest money known to man. Nations mine their national resources, not the mining companies. At least thats the way our nation started, Of, By and For the people! Not the Bankers or anyone else.

As king9072 has stated, fiat (paper) money has been used to enslave nations and now you want that power given to a Global Elite? Of course they won't abuse it, even though they're the same ones who brought you the current mess. They're following the old play book, Create Problem/Provide Solution, and you're buying it hook line and sinker. One World Slavery will not benefit you or 99.99% of anyone else.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by logicize
Wow! That's a lot of gold. I'm glad I didn't buy any.

Oh KEWL
Now I get to go and tell people "I told you so"

You know this happened before... in the late 70's early 80's Gold went high... everyone bought gold like crazy, the end was coming...

Then they opened Fort Knox... sold some gold and the next day gold dropped like a rock, the deficit was wiped out and we had stability for almost 20 years

My mother lucked out... I told her to get rid of her Krugerands now... and she got stuck in line at the exchange... A lady in front of her was concerned they wouldn't get into the door before closing... she wanted to buy

Sooo Mom sold hers to the lady (the price was posted outside) and both went home happy... though I imagine the next day that lady wasn't to happy

Think it's BS? See that first spike in 1980? And then look at it...

It amazes me how soon people forget. I can forgive young ones new to the market... but really A simple google before buying is not a bad idea

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saf85

Not true..

We had one back in Toronto when I was in the security system business. We did 10% of our business via barter. You want shoes... so you go to the shoemaker in your group... but he already has an alarm system... but he needs some plumbing done... The plumber needs an alarm system

Its kept in a record book like credit... and you can use that credit with anyone in the program... works really well

The Farmers with the food need help to till the land and pick the crops... right now we have ILLEGALS doing that for us because it is beneath us... If need be would you dig potatoes? If not... then STARVE

I STRONGLY recommend anyone who wants the TRUTH about how money works watch this video... Trust me it is well worth the time spent... it explains all about gold as well

Money As Debt (1 of 5)

[edit on 19-9-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
gold is worthless, you cant eat or breath gold

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by angelx666

That doesn't make any sense. The only thing you can breath is air and the only thing you can eat is food. So that leaves a whole heck of alot that's worthless I guess.

No, the paper money is what's worthless and it will soon return to it's intrinsic value. Gold is the alarm, that's why China is grabbing all theirs back from London and the German's are getting theirs back from New York. As I stated before, In a world of Trillions, 13 Billion ain't squat and the Chinese would love to have it. This is posturing in an attempt to manipulate the market one last time.

Zorgon,

As you probably know, the 80's spike was stopped by Chairman Volker who raised interest rates to 18%. Ain't gonna happen this time. Simply couldn't, it would kill an economy on serious life support. The wave of Alt-A and Option ARM's that are beginning to reset guarantee that Quantitave Easing (money printing) will reach new heights. That's just the opposite of what Volker did and Gold will respond accordingly.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelx666

gold is worthless, you cant eat or breath gold

monatomic or 'white powder' gold when eaten is said to give you immortality

An ancient Illuminati secret

graal.co.uk...

But if you don't want your gold send it to me... I can make pretty trinkets out of it

But seriously please watch that video... it really does explain the money issue and what is happening today and why

[edit on 19-9-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEarSimply couldn't, it would kill an economy on serious life support.

So let it kill the economy... you forget that those with the most to loose are the ones hat created the 'Money as Debt" system in the first place that allows banks to just create as much money as they want...

Sure some will suffer, like in the Depression... but those are already suffering with job loss and down sizing as it is...

Let it collapse... because sure as hell the big boys who stand to loose everything will be forced to fix it. My parents lived through the aftermath in Germany... money was worthless for a while 10,000 marks bought you a loaf of bread today... tomorrow it might cost 20,000 ( I still have the bills)

You may know what is going on but buying gold when things are about to collapse (if they indeed are) is not of much use to the ordinary person..

What will they do? carry a file and a scale to the grocery store? And how much gold do you shave off for that loaf of bread and that gallon of milk? Do YOU know?

Gold became popular with those that needed to flee a country for whatever reason as it was relatively portable... Just try and take a few pounds of gold over the border today and see what happens

Better to stock up on good that can be bartered like cigarettes, liquor etc and lay in a pantry. Plus some bullets to protect your stash and some packs of seeds

Again I can't stress enough for people to watch that video... even to the 'experts' Just take the time at least watch part 1 and 2... 20 minutes will tell so much

I bet it will burst a LOT of bubbles of what people think is going on

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I watched that video years ago. You assume much when you talk down to me about priorities. You would be hard pressed to find someone who has covered more bases than I. My priorities sure as hell didn't Start with any metals other than lead and brass.

But at some point one reaches saturation with certain 'commodities'. It should also be considered that no one knows what level of collapse is coming, and given gold and silver's historical role as currency, it is prudent to have some. I usually find that people who argue otherwise just don't have any money that they're looking to protect and therefore it's a moot point.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by HimWhoHathAnEar]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar
But at some point one reaches saturation with certain 'commodities'. It should also be considered that no one knows what level of collapse is coming, and given gold and silver's historical role as currency, it is prudent to have some. I usually find that people who argue otherwise just don't have any money that they're looking to protect and therefore it's a moot point.

Not talking down to you. Personally I prefer gem stones... they too have a long history of value. But I also bought a wood burning stove and went and cut three years worth of wood... and we built a pantry we stock by buying specials and store closeouts... and that is just great for savings even if the world will survive tomorrow...

But you forget that the average person has no use for gold if they don't even have a job or lost a house... so what you say may be wise for an investor with money he stands to lose, but of little use to the 'common' man with a family to feed

As to Gold... well I can go dig that up myself

top topics

<<   2 >>

join