It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNBC Poll: Should the Fed be Abolished?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
At the bottom of the page is a poll and the results thus far are rather startling 12.5k votes and 90% say yes to abolishing the fed.

www.cnbc.com...

Hardly a scientific poll but relevant none the less as it is on a mainstream site.
The article is actually about Ron Paul's plight to "end the fed and save the dollar"

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Great that they're looking at this issue finally. What will come of it? I don't know.

But those of us who have researched this subject understand that gold is not the answer. Credit should be a public utility, as described in Ellen Brown's book "Web of Debt." One of the best books on the subject you will ever read, next to Ed Griffin's "The Creature from Jekyll Island."

Money should not inhibit prosperity. It should serve it. We are capable of prosperity at any time, so long as the money and credit system gets out of the way.

The whole thing was designed to hurt more than help, because only desperate people can be told what to do.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I like this:

"Manipulating the money supply and interest rates rejects all the principles of the free market, and so it cannot be said that too free a market caused this mess. The market was not free at all. It was manipulated and distorted."

Bolding is mine. The whole bloody mess should be dismantled, brick by brick and those who run it should be put on trial for crimes against humanity. I'm no fan of the ridiculous Patriot Act but use it for what it's meant, terrorism. These guys are the real terrorists, domestic(Bernanke come to mind for threatening to crash the U.S. economy if the Fed gets audited) or otherwise. They are liars and crooks of the first degree and should be executed if found guilty, which shouldn't be too difficult for a jury to figure out even given that juries are quite imperfect. If a fool like myself can read The Creature from Jekyll Island and understand it - I'm not a money expert by any stretch of the imagination - then anyone with a few working brain cells can see how evil they are and that they need to go. Like yesterday wouldn't have been soon enough.

Maybe I should just go watch some reality television and put my head in the sand. So many people just think it's always been there( it hasn't) and it is necessary(it's NOT) and that's just the way it is. I can only hold on to this thin strand of hope that RP's H.R. 1207 actually goes through and something comes of it. I bet the Fed is shredding documents as we speak so if do get to look at the books we will find next to nothing. It's sad that we as a country have let ourselves become so brainwashed that illegal organizations like the Fed can bleed us dry and nothing gets done about it. They create wars, recessions and depressions all for their own gain yet we turn a blind eye towards it.

I'm looking forward to reading RP's book when it comes out. Should be another great read from a very wise man. I'm still a bit peeved about the way he was treated while running for Pres. but maybe it was a good thing in the long run. I'm not sure he could get anything done as the puppet for the Fed. He may have more power to get something done as a Rep. than he would have as Pres.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Should the Fed be abolished? * 12804 responses

Yes
90% :

No
5.3%

Not Sure
4.8%

Not a scientific survey.

i rest my case...

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
No it is not scientific but in a government that is supposed to be "by the people, for the people" I think this poll shows the climate surrounding the fed issue.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatshenneping

Yes
90% :

No
5.3%

Not Sure
4.8%

Not a scientific survey.

i rest my case...

What case have you made. I said already it wasn't scientific. The fantastic thing about a poll like this is that honestly 5 years ago most people would have asked "what is the fed?"

Now people are aware of it and it is the internet community the "new" community the younger community the future. So the nwo is losing the battle with the new breed and this eventually will lead to their demise.

This is why they are making more and more of an effort to restrict the internet.
Here is Senator Jay Rockefeller saying " the internet should never have been invented"

I also have to ask what about the federal reserve do you like?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
yeah. this is a good start but until you get rid of the ones controlling the international bankers, nothing will change. and guess who that is......thats right.....the wisdom and knowledge hoarders....the vatican and its mafia organizations of the roman catholic church. not that i am against religion, its just these scum are hiding behind religion and the roman catholic church just happpens to be the one they hide behind.

“Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don’t allow our enemies to have guns, why should we allow them to have ideas?” - Joseph Stalin

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by prettyflowers

Who is it that hides behind the RCC? Honest question (no smart (l) ) intended. I just don't recall the majority of the names being tied to FED being Catholic, or supportive of it for that matter.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by prettyflowers
yeah. this is a good start but until you get rid of the ones controlling the international bankers, nothing will change. and guess who that is......thats right.....the wisdom and knowledge hoarders....the vatican and its mafia organizations of the roman catholic church. not that i am against religion, its just these scum are hiding behind religion and the roman catholic church just happpens to be the one they hide behind.

“Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don’t allow our enemies to have guns, why should we allow them to have ideas?” - Joseph Stalin

This is a little off topic and can derail a thread.
I understand your position but none of us actually know who is in control we have some names like Rothschild, Rockefeller but we just have those names because they are often owners of many of the institutions and foundations involved in nwoish agendas.

I'm sure the Vatican has a hand in things because they are a wealthy body but their are many wealthy bodies.

Even if you think the Vatican is responsible for everything what do you suggest we do? We can't get rid of the catholic church that is rediculous.

What we need to do is remove the control mechanism that all the world elite use on us and the Federal reserve is a tremendous one.

If you wish to discuss the Vatican go ahead and start a thread about it but this thread is about the Federal reserve and the poll which indicates a desire by many to end it. So please keep to that so we don't get into fights over who controls the world.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The FED is supposed to be a private bank charged with maintaining a healthy financial system. However if the President or Congress pushes them to keep interest rates low, what happens, a housing bubble, and when it collapses, recession. Now the President and Congress want stimulus and ask again that interest rates are kept low or go to zero to spur consumption. Only this doesn't work. All we have done is obtain more debt that can not reasonably be paid back.

Secretary Paulson let a former competitior Lehman fail, however he couldn't let his former employer JPMorgan fail And because AIG owed JPMorgan money they could not be allowed to fail as well as the other banks that owed JPMorgan. Isn't the FED being used by those in power to keep their old buddies in business. Forget the taxpayers on the hook for all this.

We were almost free from the international banking system and our government saves it. This what my taxes do? Bailout inept decision makers? If this is what the FED does or can be coopted to do, save the bankers on our back, it needs to go.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by A52FWY]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Ya, I agree the FED should be gone for good.

But aren't we just lashing out at the wrong enemy?

I mean cmon, if we abolish the FED we are really no better than headless chickens wandering right into a blender.

We will simply be crashing the world economy and giving the Internationalists the perfect opportunity to institute their plans for a world currency and increased power through the United Nations institutions.

Like a poster said above, we should be going after the Bilderburgers, not one of their buildings.

You can torch their building but that does not stop them from plotting and scheming.

Of course, the FED does need to go. But I just think we are acting hasty and foolishly, when in reality we should be solely focused on indicting and arresting the INDIVIDUALS behind all of this mess in the first place, and cutting off funding from their institutions.

Just seems to me they have cleverly used us against ourselves to speed up the realization of their plans, and that is to destroy America and the world economy so as to starve us into compliance, world wide.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 30_seconds

Great that they're looking at this issue finally. What will come of it? I don't know.

uh....who is looking at it...this is ONE local news station. A subsidiary of NBC.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'm Canadian and I think the fed should dismantled and burned to the ground.

Are Americans finally waking up?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatshenneping

Yes
90% :

No
5.3%

Not Sure
4.8%

Not a scientific survey.

i rest my case...

how would it be a scientific survey? would that have to involve science? i realize i may sound like a complete dullard here, but really, how could this possibly ever be scientific, does a scientist have to ask the question since its not related to science at all?

personally i am stoked to see that 90% of the 12thousand polled wanted to end the fed.

with the grip the MSM have on our country i was excepting the number to be more like 15% want it abolished, 90% is absolutely amazing IMO.

corrected spelling.

[edit on 9/19/2009 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
At the moment am laughing at Mr.Rockerfeller and his rant about the internet but to the topic, they really should abolish the Federal bank. Been reading up on it ever since the whole audit the Federal Reserve came up;

You see, the Federal Reserve can simply allow the auditing of what everyone has access to already, and claim they are audited consistently, and so checks and balances are in place. They’ve even released a 52-page report this year on how many times they’ve been audited in the year, and their supporters cite this as proof that everything is ok, and the lack of auditing is a myth created by Federal Reserve detractors.

The truth is that the Federal Reserve loves these faux audits for the very reason they can cite them in making their case they’re being audited, without looking like they’re not being honest and secret about it. I say faux audits, again, because they audit what everyone already knows, while not having access to the data that really matters to the American people.

Quoted from here www.americanbankingnews.com...

but i'm guessing this is the wrong thread for that or is it good?

Edit - Forgot to say Star & Flag

[edit on 19-9-2009 by GCDrift]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Star and flag Beefcake, nice find. The poll numbers surprised me, but most of the people taking the poll could be coming in from your link on ATS and that would skew the findings since we all know us ATS folks is purdy egcated on this matter

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Hi everybody,

As to the poll not being scientific - it is scientific and that is a fact.

The measure is of people with access to the internet, English readers, and self-selecting responders ie the people who take part in the poll have not been picked using some sort of demographic idea, they picked themselves to participate. The poll is not a true poll of public opinion but it is scientific because it accurately measures participants responses.

We are limited in our language, if polled I would say I would not want the Fed to under go an audit, I want it to act responsibly for the benefit of all mankind to be be truely sorry for its past behavior. Here's a thing about science, its impossible to measure time, but we use time in science to measure things, is this a paradox? anyways

Peace

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GCDrift

The quote seems relevant. The faux audit is used to 'pull the wool' over the eyes. And the MSM does not help, the Catholic church does not help as mentioned above. jeez who in the world helps except for the 'crazies' on these boards?!?

Peace

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake

At the bottom of the page is a poll and the results thus far are rather startling 12.5k votes and 90% say yes to abolishing the fed.

www.cnbc.com...

Hardly a scientific poll but relevant none the less as it is on a mainstream site.
The article is actually about Ron Paul's plight to "end the fed and save the dollar"

Two different questions here not one.
Question #1 Should the fed be abolishing?
And my answer to that would be in my opinion yes.

Question #2
Should we abolishing the fed?
In my opinion I think we don't have any power over the fed, so I don't think we can abolishing something which we have no power over. Just my personal opinion.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Currently (4:17 pm) :

Should the Fed be abolished? * 13688 responses
Yes 90%
No 5%
Not Sure 4.7%
Not a scientific survey.

Earlier (10:08 am):

Yes 90% :

No 5.3%
Not Sure 4.8%
Not a scientific survey.

Hell, I'll give you a Star & Flag, just for being part of 884 people in 6 hours being prompted to read this information.

Still, this poll, just as most others is going to do nothing more than piss a bunch of people off...because they'll ignore it just the same.

Can't wait to read Ron's new book though...I'm staring at "The Revolution" right now, and it was a very good read as well.

EDIT: Put my time in, so as not to confuse.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by lagnar]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join