It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Government Dropping Flares After Ufo Sightings As A Cover?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Clearly the Phoenix lights looked nothing like the large triangular craft that Govenor Symington and others saw earlier that day. And I consede that the "lights" could very well have been flares, flares that the army dropped to provide an explanation for what was seen earlier. Not too long ago on one of the UFO shows on TV they told of a similar incident where a craft was clearly seen, but then footage of a string of lights in the sky was produced which could easily be identified as flares, thus debunking the sighting. Methinks I see a pattern here.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

I'm not sure, because I have no way of knowing, but it makes perfect sense to me! If someone reported something, they could say "well, we dropped flares that night." Very likely, I'd say!

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Well it certainly won't hurt to be mindful of it the next time flares are used as an explanation. Thanks for your post.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It doesn't even have to be the Government dropping the flares, it could be your neighbor launching them:

Mysterious Phoenix Lights

On Monday evening, April 21, mysterious lights were seen over Phoenix, Arizona. At just after eight, hundreds of residents called police and local news media to report four bright red lights hovering silently over the city. They changed shape after a while, moving from a triangular to rectangular configuration, then disappeared one by one.

The Air Force had no explanation for the lights, and air traffic controllers said that whatever was causing the lights didn't show up on radar. Theories abounded, with UFOs and aliens of course being very popular. One UFO enthusiast named Jeff Woolwine said that he is certain that the lights are from alien spaceships.

The lights remained a mystery and became a national media story.

One of the hoaxer's neighbors, a Mr. Mailo, actually saw the hoaxer launch the helium balloons and flares. Mailo said the flares were lit about 8 p.m., just before the UFO lights were first sighted.

Thus the mysterious Phoenix Lights of 2008 are explained. Any object seen in the sky, especially at night, can be very difficult to identify, and it's no wonder that the lights puzzled many people. All that is needed to create a UFO sighting is one person who may not recognize a light or object in the sky. But just because people — even thousands of people — don't know what they are seeing doesn't mean that someone else (maybe a hoaxer), doesn't know exactly what it is.

This is not the first time that strange lights have appeared in the dark skies over Phoenix. In 1997, similar lights were reported by hundreds; the military had been dropping flares over a nearby testing range, though many UFO believers rejected that explanation as part of a military cover-up.

The Phoenix Lights of 2008 shows just how easy it is to fool the public and create a media stir. All it takes is a few balloons and flares, some spare time, and a mischievous streak.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

To me the Phoenix lights are really a non issue taking away the focus from the actual object that Governor Symington and others saw going directly overhead...not off in the distance somewhere.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
They have also been doing this in Stephenville, Texas. Flares distract people and the Air Force can cover up the real UFO sighting by saying they were only training with F-16s and dropping flares.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

yes missSmartypants, I agree that's the theory, but what puzzles me is why all those people with cameras that night were able to videotape the flares but not the object that flew overhead?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

The flares hung in the sky for awhile whereas the craft unexpectedly passed overhead. My guess is in that situation you may not always do what in hindsight you wish you'd done.
However that is a good question and one I would like someone to ask of Gov. Symington. I'm willing to bet he has a camera on his cell phone and it would be interesting to hear him explain his actions. It would, I'm sure, shed some light on other sightings where people didn't photograph it.

[edit on 9/19/2009 by MissSmartypants]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

Hi ufo reality. Unfortunately everyone seems to buy the governments ruse. It's so obvious once you think of it.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The government, Illuminati or whoever has his these things and
continues to develop them and fly them and cover for them
will do anything to suppress the underlying technology.
Doing away with the charge carriers of the ether was and is
still perhaps the biggest mind control propaganda propagated on
the public along with ETs and UFO denials.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
They have also been doing this in Stephenville, Texas. Flares distract people and the Air Force can cover up the real UFO sighting by saying they were only training with F-16s and dropping flares.

I think they did the same thing when recently, maybe yesterday, people said they saw some large planet like space craft firing laser beams, and the government said, oh we launched a secret rocket and it was nothing. Someone in another thread showed a video, but it looked nothing like what witnesses described. I think they cover up anything that might reveal the truth; we are not and have never been alone on this planet, someone of greater technology has always been aware of us, for as long as we have been aware of ourselves.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Well the flare explanation does not fit in with witness accounts. For the phoenix lights to have been the sole product of flares they would have had to have been directly over the people of phoenix which was just not the case. The explanation with the dropped flares says that the flares were dropped far away behind the mountian which gave people the idea that the craft was flying behind it.
The phoenix lights are (in my opinion) one of the few legit sighting reports and i think educated people would be able to tell the difference between flares and a large moving craft. People reported that the craft blocked out parts of the sky as it passed over.
The flae explanation has been put forward as a military flare drop and a prank. So that night you had some people putting flares on helium baloons, (i guess some guy had a bunch of helium and flares sitting around) military dropping flares from A-10s and a UFO that started up in Nevada. Sounds to me like it was one crazy night.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

I would like to see the military flares that project alien images from them. This picture was attained by using a highlighter around the objects over Phoenix. You might want to try it for yourself. Makes me wonder just how intelligent humans really are.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
duplicate post

second line

[edit on 013030p://am3043 by debris765nju]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I know someone who lived in Phoenix at that time and she told me that suddenly the whole street got dramatically darker as she was walking her cousin home. The sky became pitch black, as if something covered the whole neighborhood.

And the kicker? She didn't even know about the Phoenix lights circulating the news. It just happened that it came up in a conversation 10 years after it happened.

the mass media just doesn't care enough to ask more questions.

new topics

top topics

join