It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Me!!!! Im struggling bad!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Eversince I joined this site, I have learned many things on what's going on around the world, but when it comes to customizing my profile and other tasks im completly in the dark. I got a negative 500 points for mistakenly posting nothing and I still haven't figured out how this star and flag thing works. Furthermore, this is the only place that i can make a thread due to the 20 post limit junk. I dont know what TPTB or FEMA mean but I want to learn. I never found out how to get an avatar and where the forum rules are. I guess it is just my ignorance or something but please someone show me a way. I want to be a successful poster like many in this site and hope to contribute to the greater good.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Hi and Welcome to ATS.

First, relax.

This site is not an easy site to maneuver around, so, give yourself a bit to get your bearings.

As for TPTB? It means = The Powers That Be.

FEMA - you can look up on a search engine like StartPage

If you plan to stay on ATS you can click on the link below for a lot of great help.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good Luck!

[edit on 19-9-2009 by silo13]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
You seem to be doing ok so far. You seem chirpy and keen so that is a good sign.

My first thread here i had everyone jumping all over me calling me a liar. It was hideous! There are some ugly posters here who just want to pull everyone and thing down so be forewarned. Tread softly and watch carefully till you get it all sorted. Good luck.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Ok dont panic
Im here help you through all the steps of becoming a good poster here on ATS,

I will personaly take you on and answer everything you need answered, We will have you a pro poster in know time,

First watch this.

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Sorry they deducted points just because you are a newbie.

This is a cool website and you should stick around anyway. You can make those points back pretty quickly too. Good luck, hang in there.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Just ask, and someone/everyone will chip in and help. Relax, and welcome to ATS.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
If my Internet wasn't so slow, i would make all these changes to my profile, but thank you all for the support. Continue fighting ignorance and have a good day

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Just ask, and someone/everyone will chip in and help. Relax, and welcome to ATS.

Exactly..
For the most part we are a friendly bunch that consider each other family and always willing to help those in need.
We were all new once.
I've been here a couple years and still learning new stuff...
Be patient and have fun!

top topics

join