It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia confirms plans to ditch Kaliningrad missile threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Russia confirms plans to ditch Kaliningrad missile threat

www.thenews.com.pk

MOSCOW: Russia will scrap plans to site missiles on the EU border in Kaliningrad after the United States shelved a controversial shield, a top official said in a radio interview Saturday.

"Those countermeasures, which Russia had planned in response to the deployment of US missile shield elements in Europe, will be scrapped," Vladimir Popovkin, the deputy defence minister in charge of armaments, told Echo of Moscow radio.

"One of those measures was the deployment of Iskander missiles in Kaliningrad," he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Was waiting for this move to happen to be honest - they only moved the Iskanders in reply to the US wanting to build an ABM system on the doorstep of an icbm base.

the question is - whats the bigger game here? and what will the next move be:

in related news;

www.khaleejtimes.com.../international/2009/September/international_September936.xml§ion=international

WARSAW - Some 48 percent of Poles say they approve of US President Barack Obama’s decision to scrap plans for a missile shield in their country and the neighbouring Czech Republic, a survey showed Saturday.

The poll published in the Rzeczpospolita newspaper also showed 31 percent of those surveyed disapproved of the decision and 21 percent were undecided.

www.thenews.com.pk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The way I see it is, any moves like this should make us all sigh a breath of relief, one less thing for us all to worry about, it's just a case of you scratched my back so ill scratch yours.

I cant see any conspiracy surrounding this.

I will say this however, when Benjamin Netanyahu had reportedly disappeared for 10 hours several days ago, and I read a small article that he could have visited Russia, instead of the Military complex as officially stated, it didn't in the least surprise me when the USA decided to scrap plans for it's Missile Shield.

Something is in the offing, and I am not suggesting it's an attack on Iran either, although that does look like it could be a scenario which could play out over the next few months, however it could also just mean that these deals are just being played away from the public eye to prevent another scenario nobody has become aware of yet.

What it does suggest to me is that if all hell does break loose between the Iranian and Israeli Governments, it suggests to me that all the fears of USA and Russian tensions will be in the conference room rather than on the Battlefield, which can only be a good thing for already high tensions that seem to be rearing it's head.

I have been hoping and looking for a similar event from China, but they really have not done anything related to Iran, other than some reports of Weapon supplies, which all the countries involved do anyhow for the profit..

For a while it was looking like a huge Military might test was about to begin, Like Vietnam, and Korea, a chance for these countries to go to war by proxy, testing their Military might and capabilities without direct face to face conflict, the only way IMO these Countries could test each other without actually going to War, also like Afghanistan when the Soviet Union invaded, and the West provided the rebels with weapons, it was a major and important way of testing weapons and their capability of destroying Soviet Weaponry using someone else to pull the trigger.

I would be looking for something to be happening away from the obvious in the next week or two, which shall give a good clue as to what the intentions of some countries have planned.

My belief is all sides involved, including Iran know exactly what is to happening, and it is all set up for ??????? that's the missing part of the puzzle.

Remember the old films where you had the Gods sitting up in the clouds moving their worshippers around like a giant game of chess? having a drink and laughing at each and every move? perhaps we are about to see the biggest chess game in History, as someone once said, the whole World is a stage.

[edit on 19/9/2009 by azzllin]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

They offer nothing. They've been "threatening" to deploy the SS-26 for years. The SS-26 is a mobile system. By not driving the trucks to Kalilingrad, they have delayed "deployment" by a matter of hours, at best.
They could've done it at anytime. Luckily, they haven't been able to afford the manpower and materiel to do so.

The Russian navy retains the Baltic capabilities it has had since 1989.

No concession at all in the scheme of things.

jw

top topics

join