It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death gets second chance after lethal injection botched

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by SonicInfinity

These same people claim to want the world to evolve for the better, yet wish the world to remain clothed in bearskins, dancing around their sacrifice, beating their chests.

So I'm dancing around for a sacrifice? Just because this scumbag will be hot in winter, have three meals a day? Yet old people have to live off less a week than it takes to house, clothe and feed these bastards?? Yeah hand me a spear...

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by RenDMC

You are still attempting to emotionally blackmail my opinion! My god man, haven't you got any other way of making your point? As I have already stated, emotional blackmail will not work on me as I live by the motto "Deny Emotion, Apply Logic".

What I find exceptionally sad is that if I had have sided with the death penalty in my first post, and called for this mans re-slaughter, then this thread would have about 100 Flags by now and a billion stars. Now just in case one of you tries to paint me as just trying to get flags (I know some of you just thought it), thats a load of bollocks - I am here to state my opinion and stick to it regardless of who I annoy or offend.

[edit on 19/9/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

reply to post by RenDMC

Is that all you have Emotional Blackmailing? What? Are you serious? You have an opinion, I have an opinion. Am I accusing you of being an emotional ninja? Nope. What a crock... You really are grabbing at straws now. If you want to start a thread about psychological effects in statements OP doesn't like please do so. But I'm through with this thread, you lack the understanding to have a debate.

Farewell OP. May all rapists and murderers run free!!

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

The lynch mob mentality running through this thread is hardly surprising, but it is saddening. The death penalty has no place in civilized societies, in my opinion. It doesn't work as a deterrent and it only serves to turn the state into a legally sanctioned murderer, no better than the one they're executing.

For me, there is no more powerful argument against the death penalty than the chance of error, of which there have been plenty over the years. Peoples' lust for vengeance can never justify the killing of innocent men or women, wrongly accused. If you can empathize with the victims, as I'm sure we all can, then surely you must be able to empathize with those wrongly accused, imprisoned and executed for a crime they did not commit. Until there is a way to eliminate ALL mistakes, errors, sloppy police work (or worse), etc, then there is simply no excuse for capital punishment. Utterly barbaric.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   

As I have already stated, emotional blackmail will not work on me as I live by the motto "Deny Emotion, Apply Logic".

B.S. Your entire OP is fueled by emotion.

This man just survived the single most horrible ordeal he will ever have to go through.
I would argue that the overwhelming feeling of someone who cheats death would be relief! but yeah, Poor bloke, how terrible almost as terrible as....

........kidnap, rape and murder of a 14-year-old girl.

The cold, clinical nature of inevitability HAS to have left a lasting mark.

Yes what a terrible lasting mark, almost like that of this.

the kidnap, rape and murder of a 14-year-old girl

The poor bloke was in tears for crying out loud, I don't care how tough he is or what he did - I think he deserves a reprieve. I am not saying let him out, just give him a reprieve of the death penalty.
I wonder if this person gets a reprieve...

kidnap, rape and murder of a 14-year-old girl 25 years ago.
Can we get her a reprieve will we are handing out pity.

The only reason you are talking about this is because they made a mistake.
You probably had no idea that this man was being executed.

You only care because the MSM inspires it in you.
Death did not get a second chance here. The prisoner did. His victim did not, nor her family.

edit to add a few thoughts.

[edit on 19/9/09 by atlasastro]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by RenDMC

Farewell OP. May all rapists and murderers run free!!

This is EXACTLY what I am talking about in terms of emotional blackmail. Never at any point in time did I say this man should not be punished, in fact I have suggested several alternatives. YOU on the other hand prefer to ignore that and accuse me of wanting to allow murderers and rapists to run free. THIS IS EMOTIONAL BLACKMAIL - the very dictionary definition of it.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro

You only care because the MSM inspires it in you.

Way to make a massive assumption there mate. You haven't a clue where I got my sensibilities and beliefs from: Oh and btw if it was from the media I would have thought it would be more along the lines of FOR the death penalty - nice try mate.

I see people are STILL trying to put me into a basket and make HUGE assumptions about me, as well as make untrue claims. It's as simple as this: I have stated an opinion that many people disagree with so in they come with their lynch-mob mentality trying to insult or ridicule me out of the thread so their precious opinion remains unscarred. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. I will not budge from my opinion nor will I put up with being lynch-mobbed.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

reply to post by SonicInfinity

Unfortunately I would have to agree with you, it seems that those of us who are against the death penalty get painted by those who aren't as murder-lovers and rapist-protectors when I have CLEARLY said that I expect him to be punished - just not by slaughtering him in a neanderthal fashion.

I think it's fair to say that the lethal injection is the closest you're gonna get to 'humane' execution, or 'slaughter' as you put it.

[edit on 19/9/09 by dmorgan]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

Perhaps you should do some reading on this so-called "humane" way of executing people. It is FAR from painless. Oh wait - that's right I forgot that scientists and doctors don't know anything and they are lying about the pain - silly me.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I've already done some reading on it, thanks though. I also watched several documentaries which discussed both sides of whether it's "painless".

Way to make a massive assumption there mate.

I see people are STILL trying to put me into a basket and make HUGE assumptions about me, as well as make untrue claims.

Instead of complaining because people are making assumptions about you, how about you stop making assumptions about me? Yes, I have researched the topic. By the way, I didn't say it was humane, I said it was the closest you're gonna get to humane.

[edit on 19/9/09 by dmorgan]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dmorgan
By the way, I didn't say it was humane, I said it was the closest you're gonna get to humane.

Apologies if you thought I was making assumptions. I do not agree that it is the closest thing to humane. If it causes involuntary physical pain then it is inhumane, doesn't matter which way you look at it.

Inhumane is causing someone to be put to death, imprisoning them for 25 years, botching it and then making that person have to go through it all again. I don't care WHAT he did wrong there is no need to sink to his level. RISE ABOVE IT.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

I expected the "I don't care what he did, string him up anyway!" crowd to appear here, you certainly are quick off the mark today!!

That's a cop-out. I guarantee that at one point in your lives you have done something wrong and wished you had been given a second chance. Now before you go jumping down my throats saying "but I didn't kill a 14 year old", I don't care WHAT the hell ANYONE did. The beautiful thing about humans is their ability to change. It's not like the man isn't being punished - he would be locked up for the rest of his life.

Personally I think being locked in a cell 23 hours a day alone for the rest of my life is a FAR worse punishment than death.

I wonder if it was your own daughter it happened to would you still be so 'noble'?

I'm absolutely gob-smacked and disgusted at your so called mercy. The man was evil and evil has no place here. He gave up his uhman rights when he decided to take a life.

You're applying logic as if you are some kind of Vulcan, we are human and we SHOULD base many of our decisions on emotion, it's natural and there for a reason. It's obvious no one can get the reality of this situation through to your head. You're denying what makes us human, even your forum name is that of a robot, no coincidence there I think, come to think of it, I think Kryton showed emotion except when his emotion chip was removed, is that what's happened with you? Did someone take your emotion chip away? Get it back, think like a human again.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawkwind.

Originally posted by Hawkwind.
I wonder if it was your own daughter it happened to would you still be so 'noble'?

I've already answered that. But again, for those that didn't read the whole thread, it would not make a difference to me as I have no wish to become the same as he who did the terrible deed.

Think like a human again?

What, grab a lynch-mob mentality of "eye for an eye", sentence someone to death, stick them in a jail cell for 25 years THEN botch the job of executing him - and then promise it'll all happen next week?

If your version of "human" means becoming a monster then NO THANKS.

I am sorry, but I refuse to become that which we would deem to punish. I refuse to succumb to lynch-mob mentality. I refuse to grab my pitchfork everytime someone yells out "witch!!!". I take a stand, whether it be alone or amongst others against butchering people just because they didn't follow societies rules. Yes, what he did was wrong and despicable - lets not sink to his level huh?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   

What, grab a lynch-mob mentality of "eye for an eye", sentence someone to death, stick them in a jail cell for 25 years THEN botch the job of executing him - and then promise it'll all happen next week?

I'd be quite happy for that to happen many times over for this this creature did, then he will get a small taste of how that poor girl must have felt. I can see where you are coming from Kryties but no way, no way does this prisoner deserve any kind of mercy and I don't see how that would make me as bad as him when you consider that I have harmed no-one except someone who has raped and killed, I can live with that without regret.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Death Penalty advocates have never been able to name or show any real proof of any crimes being prevented by the supposed deterrent . Moving on IMO the issue at hand is more about the legal/Constitutional issues surrounding passing or conducting the sentence twice .

He became a celebrity when three attempts to hang him at Exeter Prison failed because the trap door of the scaffold jammed shut. After an appeal, the Home Secretary agreed it would be unfair to expect a man to “twice suffer the pangs of imminent death” and commuted his sentence to life imprisonment. He was eventually freed in 1907 after serving nearly 23 years in prison

Source

Gee 1885 is just about more civilized then the people on this thread who without thinking and solely relying on emotions would have the inmate in question executed maybe next time around . Just remember by the actions some of you are happy to support could one day see you serve seperate jail sentences for the same crime . Providing the State governor has the power to do so he should commute Romell to a life sentence .

As for the issue of inmates leeching off the tax payer they should be forced to grow of there own food e.t.c . I think it is shameful that the same amount of money is budgeted to feed inmates everyday as what goes towards feeding members serving in the NZDF .

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
As for the issue of inmates leeching off the tax payer they should be forced to grow of there own food e.t.c . I think it is shameful that the same amount of money is budgeted to feed inmates everyday as what goes towards feeding members serving in the NZDF .

It costs money to inflict punishment humanely.

We also have laws which have no business existing.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawkwind.

The very fact that the death penalty has claimed the lives of innocent people, in my opinion, makes every person who upholds the death penalty guilty of their slaughter. Should these people be sentenced to death for murdering innocent people?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
The thought of death is often times worse than death itself.

I see the old primitive views of death here, ... supposedly being the ultimate punishment, .... when it is the ultimate reward.

Life is pain, death is the sweet release.

The worst punishment would to be locked in a box, with only a faint memory of what sunlight is, locked away with no stimulus, questioning his very existence.

Yet still, I dont wish that upon anyone, ..... all is forgiven, we persecute no one but ourselves.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I'm not talking about any other case, just this one, in this case the man was guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt and deserves not to live.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.

I'm not talking about any other case, just this one, in this case the man was guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt and deserves not to live.

That's what people said about the last guilty guy who turned out to be innocent.

Every time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join