It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Far East

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I have to start this with.. for the life of me I can't remember where I've read this... but I do remember reading about a supposed "facility" in the Far East (people often mistakenly call this part of Russia "Siberia") that essentially housed equipment for an invasion of the US during the cold war.

Now, I'm not too sure about the practicality of a cross Bering Sea invasion, but for #s and giggles I love searching places like the RFE on Google Earth. Have found a lot of interesting stuff and it has me curious.

Has anyone else heard of any such related facility? I'm wracking my brain to try and remember where I've heard this claim.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 21cdb

You need look no farther than the old Russian Military base known as the Cosmodrome at Baikonur Kazakhstan. it has been active since 1955....Then google on over to a secret base on the Russian island of Vozrosdena...(possibly not spelled correctly)..Have fun KMG

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by kissmygrits

I know of what you are talking about, but that isn't what I'm referring to.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 21cdb
I have to start this with.. for the life of me I can't remember where I've read this... but I do remember reading about a supposed "facility" in the Far East (people often mistakenly call this part of Russia "Siberia") that essentially housed equipment for an invasion of the US during the cold war.

Now, I'm not too sure about the practicality of a cross Bering Sea invasion, but for #s and giggles I love searching places like the RFE on Google Earth. Have found a lot of interesting stuff and it has me curious.

Has anyone else heard of any such related facility? I'm wracking my brain to try and remember where I've heard this claim.

I guess that probably they didn't and don't have such "one-stop" facility, base or closed city which houses the entire equipment, forces and resources for full scale war. There are lots of information about many different facities/bases/closed cities scattered across Russia which each one of them operates on it's own field - for example nuclear R&D, armored vechiles R&D, space technology R&D etc. So in case of a war, they would just gather the needed forces/technology/weapons etc across Russia to where it is needed.

Russia has it's Pacific Fleet in Vladivostok, near the Bering Sea.

Btw, have you heard about Mount Yamantaw (or Yamantau / гора Ямантау)
?

new topics

top topics

join