It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen if a group of citizens decided they were going to shut down some black projects?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

While watching this video I got to thinking...
By their very nature, making everything secret, illegal, unconstitutional, illegitimate, and non existent, couldn't they actually be setting themselves up for failure?

What would happen if a group of citizens decided they were going to shut down some black projects? Let's use the most well known unconstitutional black site of them all, Area 51 as a hypothetical example.

It's a hot sunny day in Nevada, nothing too out of the ordinary until alarms start sounding along the Area 51 perimeter. Five hundred thousand American citizens armed to the teeth and packed into overloaded pickup trucks are approaching one of those white S.U.V.'s the gaurds use. Soon after they surround the gaurds, and the gaurds are finished cleaning the crap out of their pants they would probably give a warning that sounded something like this:

You are trespassing on restricted government property, turn around and leave now or deadly force will be used.

But wait a minute, something isn't right here.
Area 51 doesn't exist. How could anyone possibly be in trouble for being in a place that doesn't exist? In all reality they could just say they were defending their country from "an unidentified military presence operating illegally on u.s. soil" and perform the largest citizen's arrest in the history of the world.

I would be interested to know what would happen in a court of law. Could any charges be brought against the citizens for trespassing? Could charges be brought against the "unknown military force operating illegally inside the u.s."?

To what extent could this work?
If you can't trespass on a place that doesn't exist, can you kill someone who doesn't exist?

If you were facing charges for doing something against the government, couldn't you simply say that you did it against the secret government within the government that even Bill Clinton admits exists? Surely it has no legal foundation, so how could you committ a crime, or even treason against a government that isn't supposed to legally exist?

At what point does the whole government become illegal, unconstitutional, and illegitimate, because they allowed an unknown quasi-military force to rise up from within and take everything over? Have we already passed that line?

It seems to me that there's a very narrow perch that these nobel prize winners decided to occupy.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by ashamedamerican]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I imagine it will be a turning point. An all out revolutionary war. After a long battle which the citizens end up losing, because numbers and obselete weapons (by arean 51's standards) are no match against who knows what kind of stuff the government has.

There are projects like rail guns, gauss cannons, and all sorts of things you see on Future Weapons, which in my opinion only shows what weapons had already been thought up, invented and used 20-40 years ago.

I don't think there will be time for court cases ect, after something like that happens. It would just be straight war from that point on.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Surely it has no legal foundation, so how could you committ a crime, or even treason something that isn't supposed to legally exist?

There is no foundation, but they are the government. They have more guns, they call the shots. It's wrong, but we have a rich history, in this nation, of the government abusing its power (Japanese-American internment camps, DEA shutting down medical marijuana facilities, etc).

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Well I kind of doubt that they would pull out a flying saucer and use their Marvin the martian super laser to fry the half a million people, but then again I guess you never really do know what these lunatics will do.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Hey I say we give it our best shot. I mean it's that or try to go to court and get the gov't to give all of its secrets up (yeah like that will ever happen). So i think we should try to take it all by force.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I dont know what this guy was trying to prove... except
yea, we can shoot... and yea, you can die...

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashamedamerican

Five hundred thousand American citizens armed to the teeth and packed into overloaded pickup trucks are approaching one of those white S.U.V.'s the gaurds use.

That would be quite a flash mob !

Such an amount of people on the move would be intercepted 10`s if not hundreds of miles from their intended destination .

Still, thats quite a mental image ......... i get a Mad Max vibe off it .

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

What would happen if a group of citizens decided they were going to shut down some black projects?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6e01aa972969.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Hey lets do it!

As long as we get home in time to see American Idol.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

I would be interested to know what would happen in a court of law.

More than liekly, the land the secret base, ect. would be on would be governement owned, so they could just play that card without having to reveal the true nature of business there.

Or, like the poster before posted, they would just take you out back and shoot you. insane picture.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by truthradar]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Problem is, what might start with 500,000 people would very quickly end.

Fire some warning shots, a fair few people will give up the chase. If thats not enough, bring out the big guns, then fire a few real shots at people, kill a couple.

Now you have thousands of people running, and the ones who didn't run to begin with will run when they see the numbers falling, panic grabs hold and the crowd is gone in mere minutes.

It's like starting a Mexican wave, one person isn't enough, but 5 people can start a chain reaction to thousands.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
My God that speech by Kennedy just gives me chills. He tried so hard to change America. He had a dream, a vision and it got him killed. That is so sad. What is sadder still is that we as a country let it happen because all we are about is solidarity. We can never function as a united force and change things. The sixties got close but the drug scene really derailed it. The focus of peace and change was there. It just became immature and decentralized. One day we may evolve to unity and common purpose, common good and peace but we have a lot to learn...Kennedy was trying to tell us something REAL important here. You can almost see him winking and nudging you. Saying "Look I'm not really in power here....ok? See what I mean? Hint. Hint." Are we that deaf? He must have been so dissappointed in us thinking, "I tried to tell you....but did you listen to me? Nope." Boy did we blow it......

top topics

join