It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These words belong to the man who threw his shoe at Bush

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by WalterRatlos
reply to post by nunya13

Star and flag and thanks for sharing this with us. Yes, this guy is a hero in my book. It's a pity GWB dodged the shoes, would have been hilarious if he got hit on the head.

I agree I really wish the shoe thrower hit the target.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I admire the guy for doing what he did my only regret is Cheney was not there seeing him having a hart attack over a shoe would have been worth watching!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Gixxer

LOL..youre kidding right?I want to buy that guy a beer i wish i would of did it.You must be an older person all brainwashed on how great we are and such..i feel sorry for ya,

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
s&f nunya13

Yeah, this guy is a lunatic who deserves to be tortured for throwing a shoe at the president.....

And the president should be honored for killing 3,000 innocent people on 9-11...

What's wrong with this picture.

PEACE and LOVE..

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by soul of integrity

Oh good, we have someone here who IS familiar with life in an Iraqi prison. Please excuse rational questions Soul of Integrity. Nobody here knew of your extensive research into the commonplace torture of Iraqi nationals who are in prison for throwing shoes at foreign leaders. Your sarcasm was more than appropriate.

Please don't respond with some b.s. story about your years of study on this subject. I'm so tired of these grandiose tales in response to critical posts on this site.

You don't know any more about Iraqi prisons than anyone else.

How do we know he was tortured? His word alone.

It was a valid question. I don't even know who asked it now, but I just wanted you to know that your response was pathetic. Your sarcastic jabs just make you look like a self absorbed loser. If you have nothing to add to a conversation, then don't add. We don't need to see your name on a thread, because nobody gives a damn whether you were here or not.

If I threw a shoe at Obama, his guards would likely kill me, and you would applaud. Don't be a hypocrite.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by abefrohman]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Funshinez

Originally posted by jd140

Words never solved anything.

Except civil rights legislation, women's suffrage, the conflict between egypt and israel, a united germany...etc

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Funshinez]

Right, the whole civil rights legislation went through without a single protest and a single bit of blood dropped.

Womens suffrage I believe had a few protests on their own, no physical violence, but I bet you could find stories of mental anguish as husbands left their wives because the protested.

Each and everyone of the things you listed came about because of action not sitting at a table talking over coffee and donuts.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Yeah what this guy said was correct. They all lived in peace and harmony until somebody came along and broke the man who was forcing the peace. Basically, he was describing what happens when any system breaks down and human nature is allowed to run its course. Everybody should remember this when they speak of taking down the government. No matter how bad things are, they could always be worse.

Throw a shoe at Bush. He was the man that broke the illusion of peace and happiness.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I don't think the Kurds would tell the same story. They get screwed EVERYWHERE.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
This guy is probably the bravest man in Iraq, and maybe the world. I would have done the same thing if my country was invaded, but instead of throwing a shoe I would throw a rotten tomatoe to his face

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Of course he wasnt a terrorist. The media where I live doesnt portray him as such either. Not even the US media should be able to spin it that way. People cant be that stupid.

This guy has more guts in his little finger than Bush ever had. Bush is a coward, easily manipulated by his masters.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

aaaaahahhaha had to do it, im stooping to this level.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
What an IGNORANT #$% BASTARD...

Shared bread with the kurds did they? .. tell that to the kurds who were slaughtered under sadams watch! .. tell that to the Shia who were put into political jails, or the christians and jews who were persecuted..

We shouldn't have gone into Iraq.

We went there on lies.

We made the entire situation far worse..

And it isn't our job to police the world..

And he got a fair sentence for throwing shoes at a world leader (even in america you can't do stupid crap like that) ..

But by reading his ignorance I can safely assume he's a Sunni, and he supported Sadam. Life was good for Sunnis then. Regardless of how bad we made iraq, life was nowhere near the fairytale he tries to depict..

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by nunya13

Words never solved anything.

You are tired of our government then stop belly aching and take action. Do something about it. Don't hide in a corner cheering on those who have a set.

Put up or shut up. Honestly I am getting sick and tired of people on ATS crying "mommy mommy the guberment is bad". I see thread after thread about others standing up and all you guys do is blog about how great that person is.

I'm calling you all out. Do something about the situation you are in or shut the hell up.

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE!!!

Yeah, right! So what have all of these so-called Patriot Militia groups been waiting for…Armageddon?

BUNK & BULL!!! Over the past decade I’ve seen perhaps millions of “Revolution, Militia, Patriot, Liberty, “We the People” TALKERS!!! You TALK & TALK & TALK & RANT & RANT & RANT on blog boards about “rising up” and “overcoming” and “revolution” and “taking down the elite” & “We the people will not be stopped” …etc.

But never once have I seen ANY REAL ACTION from any of you so-called American Patriots!!! I don’t even see people “protesting” in the streets over much less horrid situations like we did in my day.

I’m an old man. I have a heart condition.
And I’m honest enough to say that I’m not sure that even if I were 20 years old again would I be certain that I really have enough courage to put my life on the line for a righteous cause like our lost American Liberties and Freedoms. Perhaps, even as I admit that I am a coward, I would need to be more properly motivated.

Perhaps once I finally SAW the movement against such tyranny begins to roll out in a viable, substantive & active way, or actually witnessed my fellow Americans dying in the streets or innocent blood being spilt before my very eyes in this righteous cause I might then find the inner fortitude to join up and put my life on the line. But at least as an admitted coward, I don’t feel I have a right to join in such discussions I hardly ever blog at all. I don’t spend my time talking about how I brave I am and how myself and my fellow Patriots are geared up and ready to go. For me to do that would be the height of hypocrisy.

So, feeling that I am too much of a coward to do so then I certainly wouldn’t sit around blog sites all day TALKING about how brave me and my fellow Patriots were and we’ve been around since 93 (or whenever) and we’re ready to battle the evil forces of the elite and take back out country. BUNK!!!

If you all we’re going to actually DO SOMETHING it would have been done by now!!! If you (and other) great American Patriots are “ALREADY IN PLACE…SINCE 93″ then what on God’s green Earth are you waiting for? Quit attempting to inflate your own egos. If you REALLY have the resources you need to bring about your desired change then (as Yoda says) “There is no ‘try’ either DO or DON’T DO.” All I’ve ever seen is the latter.

I was more active in the 60’s than most of my fellow Patriots. However, we too had little effect on the PTB.

To blame me (and those of my generation) for not fixing the problems we are facing in the world today is like blaming an eyedropper for not extinguishing a volcano. As well intentioned as you are Guy, we certainly did a heck of a lot more than you folks are doing today.

As for sitting on the sidelines…that’s exactly what I intend to do. When the REAL revolution starts up, then, perhaps I’ll pull up my wheelchair up and enter the battle next to you. I’ve done my part as best I can. I am old. Now you do yours. And we will strive together as friends…not enemies.

All of you American Patriot bloggers and braggarts…either ACT as you say you would like to act AND claim that you have the power to or QUIT TALKING!!!

I almost never post blogs but I apologize to anybody that I may have offended. I simply had to finally vent what was on my mind.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
You know the ultimate proof of the "Liberation of Iraq" would be if the Shoe Thrower was democratically elected to lead the country.

Now that Alanis Morissette would be ironic.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
OP thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I think the guy was either brave or stupid. I'll give him the benifit and save he was couragous to have a go at Bush.

To those complaining that the rest of us don't do similar I would say it is not very easy to pull such a stunt off. None of us get an opportunity to come face to face with people in power.

And lets not be silly and say that Bush or Obaman are cowards. To my mind these guys must be supremely sure of themselves and have uber confidence to stand before the world and say what they wanna say. It has to be in the front of their minds that somebody is gonna take a pop at them at any moment. And still they look cool.

Anybody on here thinking about trying to carry out something similar to this man should regard it as a sucide mission and have their house in order before setting off.

The ony way to change things is to garner public support for change and achieve it through strength of numbers.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

They are puppets with prewritten speaches. It doesnt take any more than basic rhetoric to be able to read a speech. I hear Obama at least writes his own speeches. Bush was just a dumb puppet doing whatever he was told. He probably did more to improve his golf handicap during his time in the white house than he did for the country, considering he did nothing to improve life for Americans at all.

It doesnt take anything more than acting to read a speech. Confidence? No. They learn to look confident. To play a role. Thats what they do. They are actors.

You can compare it with whatever movie hero you like. Harrison Ford perhaps.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Great stuff. I will point out this to everyone how to throw shoes at politicians - because they are corrupt all over the world. Not that I am advocating it, but if a shoe is wet and dirty it might have even better effect.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
This guy did not deserve to be imprisoned IMO. Yes he threw his shoe at another countries leader but can you blame him after everything he and his people have gone through because of Bush and others like him?! Innocent people are being murdered and tortured and all for what? I still have no idea honestly.
His words of what happened to him brought chills down my spine. He did not deserve any of this....

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

We have all been lied to. This person did what his conscience guided him to do. I'm proud of him. And I'm ashamed of us for letting this fiasco go on and on. WE KNOW the occupation in Iraq is a lie. A lie to the American people and a lie to the Iraqi people.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
When he tossed that shoe and missed GW by inches, it was sad.

It would of been nice to see Bush HIT square in the face, maybe a broken nose, two black eyes, teeth knocked out. Anything to let Bush feel some suffering on his own body, as he has done to the entire country.

I read his words and respect them, any chance MSM puts those words out there - not a chance.....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join