It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growing questions on death of Benazir Bhutto

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Growing questions on death of Benazir Bhutto

www.theaustralian.news.com.au

UNITED Nations investigators are preparing to question former Pakistani president Pervez Musharraf about the assassination of Benazir Bhutto, amid mounting doubts over official versions of how she died and claims of a cover-up.

The Weekend Australian Magazine reveals today evidence that a bullet - probably sniper fire from a high-velocity rifle - killed the former prime minister.

The Musharraf regime said a "bump on the head" resulting from a Taliban or al-Qa'ida suicide bomber killed Bhutto on December 27, 2007, shortly before an election she was expected to win.

This evidence con
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Benazir Bhutto Claimed Osama Bin Laden is Dead!
Cheney Ordered Assassination Of Benazir Bhutto: Hersh

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Quite a story, if she really did die from sniper fire.

It seems that there are also details of the cover up after the assanination that are very interesting also.

The fact that UN investigators are leading this is quite strange, seeing as a few on ATS (myself included) believe the UN is a NWO tool.

I included two ATS threads below that may be of more importance in the light of this article, especially the CIA/Cheney link.

www.theaustralian.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
On whole Bhutto's death did seem very suspect. Im really not surprised to hear of a cover up.

Nice find!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Kinda makes me sick when I think about how many bright lights are turned off in a dark world. Turned off by the darkness itself.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
You know, it is an old sniper trick to create a diversion before taking the shot.
Set up a remote explosive(Or in this case give a nutcase Taliban/AQ operative access) and as the idiot blows himself up you take the shot and get away while the whole place in is chaos.

Just sayin'

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Anyone's death should be questioned if they go against the status quo, make controversial statements that are likely to piss people in high places off, and whose death is a little too convenient.

Bhutto was a shining light.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
You know, it is an old sniper trick to create a diversion before taking the shot.
Set up a remote explosive(Or in this case give a nutcase Taliban/AQ operative access) and as the idiot blows himself up you take the shot and get away while the whole place in is chaos.

Just sayin'

Yeah I think you're right, the biggest question is who did it?

Even if it was the ISI, with their links to the CIA it isn't too much of a stretch to say the CIA did it.

I guess her going on TV and saying OBL was dead was too much, especially if she managed to return to power.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
duplicate post

[edit on 19-9-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
duplicate post

[edit on 19-9-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
As usual people suspect the CIA for being responsible for her death, I personally suspect that in this instance the culprits maybe found closer to home.

Al-Qaeda linked Lashkar i Jhangvi have long been suspected as being involved as is ex-President Musharraf.
Taliban warlords have been rumourd to be involved ans so have Pakistan security forces.
None of these come as any suprise but it was also rumoured that Bhutto's husband, the current Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari was involved.

I tend to suspect the person(s) who have most to gain or lose in these circumstances and find it suspicious that Zardari would not allow an autopsy to be carried out on his wife.

Unfortunately most reports into the cause of Bhutto's death must be treat as suspicious; everyone seems to be pursuing their own agenda's and nothing seems to come from truly independant and neutral sources.

I suspect we shall never know with certainty how she died and who was complicit in her murder.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
As usual people suspect the CIA for being responsible for her death, I personally suspect that in this instance the culprits maybe found closer to home.

Al-Qaeda linked Lashkar i Jhangvi have long been suspected as being involved as is ex-President Musharraf.
Taliban warlords have been rumourd to be involved ans so have Pakistan security forces.
None of these come as any suprise but it was also rumoured that Bhutto's husband, the current Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari was involved.

I tend to suspect the person(s) who have most to gain or lose in these circumstances and find it suspicious that Zardari would not allow an autopsy to be carried out on his wife.

Unfortunately most reports into the cause of Bhutto's death must be treat as suspicious; everyone seems to be pursuing their own agenda's and nothing seems to come from truly independant and neutral sources.

I suspect we shall never know with certainty how she died and who was complicit in her murder.

There are indeed many suspects and possible factions/politicians/organisations that could have been responsible for a suicide bomb, that is clear.

I think the point of the UN investigation is there are doubt as to whether she was killed by the bomb at all. Bomb = terrorists, Sniper = professional security/intelligence involvement, two vastly different scenarios there my friend.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Only reason I don't believe this was a Sniper attack is the fact the attack occured at night.
Given the fact she was surrounded by hundreds of followers and bodyguards the Sniper would have had to contend with all the crowd, the resulting flash and smoke of the explosion, not to mention road-side obstacles aswell as the convoy itself, all to get a clear head-shot at night without anyone knowing. Snipers spend hours, often days waiting for their target in open areas with a clear shot, this attempt was impossible to even the best Sniper in the SAS or American forces.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Bhutto was an evil lady, simple, she stole and abused power, she was just as rotten to the core as any other NWO stooge in power, so why anyone is up in arms over her death?

If anything Pakistan should celebrate, then again the new president is just as bad so it would have been a short lived celebration for those who did celebrate once she died.

No suprise about her slipping up on the Bin laden comment, they all know he has been dead long before 9/11. What better way to keep the lie going, than use a ghost? He can never be found, never be questioned and always in the back of peoples minds. The perfect boogie man "UGGAAA BOOGA".

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
Only reason I don't believe this was a Sniper attack is the fact the attack occured at night.
Given the fact she was surrounded by hundreds of followers and bodyguards the Sniper would have had to contend with all the crowd, the resulting flash and smoke of the explosion, not to mention road-side obstacles aswell as the convoy itself, all to get a clear head-shot at night without anyone knowing. Snipers spend hours, often days waiting for their target in open areas with a clear shot, this attempt was impossible to even the best Sniper in the SAS or American forces.

No not really, any skilled sniper could get into a vantage point along the known route, with modern night vision scopes, would make a night shot as easy as a day shot. No silenced rifle will give off muzzle flash, not to mention if he was over 700 yards away (an easy shot for any sniper), no one in the crowd would have heard the shot. Given the chaos after the explosion, anyone near to the sniper would be too busy running around like headless chickens or in shock. Perfect cover to take a shot and walk away cool as a cucumber.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240

I could be wrong here, so flame the hell out of me if so, but I watched the video of this woman's death when it first happened, and to my recollection, this happened in the daytime.

As I recall she was standing up in the back of a limo with a moonroof.

She was waving to a large crowd.

A bomb went off, but not near enough to hit her.

Then her body suddenly went limp as a ragdoll and fell back through the hole in the limo.

As I recall this was during the daytime. It looked exactly as it does in other video showing sniper fire, the victim is dead or unconscious immediately and plummets to the ground.

If this wasn't sniper fire, I'd be very very surprised.

Again though, I just can't understand what you mean or where I am wrong here, but I just know in my memory, this was during the day time.

Surely I am not thinking of another assassination?

top topics

join