It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ObamaCare Going Wrong Way! Now 56% Oppose!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It's going from bad to worse for Team Obama on everything.
The latest Rasmussen Report shows opposition going from 55% to 56%!
Latest Rasmussen Report : 56% Oppose !!!
--------------------------------------------
If opposition makes it to 60% , Harry Reid is going to have a
hard time driving a "nuclear option" through the Senate.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
More reason for the media and the left to call the U.S. a racist country methinks.

Another line.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
It's 1993 all over again when the Clinton's plan failed, but this time the Democrats have sweeping majorities.

HERE is a link to a hilarious article from Reason Magazine that talks of what could possibly happen.

Code Pink! (read the article, it will make sense)

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

There are a lot of experts who have said that failure by Clinton plus the GOP taking both the House and Senate in '94 "saved" Clinton's presidency. I think the main problem today is the fact that this nation was stump dumb enough to give a supermajority blank check to a single party. Our only hope for being "saved" as a nation lies with the handfull of democrats who's jobs are on the line thanks to the voters who will vote them out of office if this abomination of a *ahem*cough* "reform" bill passes.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
You mean even after Mr. Obama addressed both houses of Congress in a Nationally televised speech, people still haven't bought it?

I guess people paid more attention to the heroic yell of "You Lie" than they did the Presidents speech?

BTW Mr. Obama is going to be all over the Sunday talk shows.

Prediction: 60% oppose by Monday.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Status Quo baby!!!

Yeahhhaaa!

50 dollar aspirin for all!!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

imho, ignoring the march on 9/12 and all the bs going on like racism etc is pissing people off

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
reply to post by Eurisko2012

imho, ignoring the march on 9/12 and all the bs going on like racism etc is pissing people off

Yes and the icing on the cake is AcornGate.
Apparently, a lot of doctors will wave goodbye if ObamaCare passes.
Doctors Do NOT Want ObamaCare

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Are we speaking of the public option or senator Baucus healthcare plan because I would think even many liberals would agree that it's a disastrous plan.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Yes and the icing on the cake is AcornGate.

Ronald Reagan was a movie actor. Does that make him responsible for all bad movies ever made?

Barack Obama was a community organizer. Does that make him responsible for everything Acorn ever did?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Healthcare in this country is flawed. We cannot copy socialized medicine in other countries due to our huge population. It would never work. The entire model of healthcare needs to be changed. The hospital is a completely failed business model with huge overhead costs. They try to do to much. That's the entire problem. Private companies aren't going to change anything. Neither is government. Who cares who controls healthcare if nothing changes.

I suggest every American read The Innovator's Prescription, a great book on the problems with healthcare and very important common sense solutions. I work in a hospital and I see first hand just how inefficient, reckless and wasteful they are. So what if government takes over everything? It's going to take a lot more than portability and electronic medical records to make healthcare more efficient and less expensive. Canada, France, the UK all have a 1/4 of our population and even those countries are struggling to keep costs down.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
UK has a free 'healthcare', its much better imho than american-one, i don't do doctors for pills, but in case of emergency they would sort you out whether you have money or no

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
THe voters aren't voting on this, though. Congress is. They are the ones who say whether this passes or fails.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by angelx666

Yeah and so do our hospitals. ANY hospital in America is required by law to treat every single person regardless of ability to pay. Anyways, that's besides the point UK has a population of less than 65 million. America has a population of close to 350 million. Same thing with Canada. Their population is less than 35 million. We supposedly more than the entire population of Canada that is uninsured. And probably half of the uninsured are illegals and a good part of the uninsured CAN afford healthcare but choose not to. America nees to revamp their healthcare system no doubt about it........but emulating other countries who have nothing in common with ours is crazy.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I really hope they pass this, I'm discouraged by those numbers. Putting the Kennedy name on it kind of threw me off though but I really really want this to pass.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

um.....yeah....BUT they have 1 eye on the polling data at
Rasmussen Reports.com. Right now 56% oppose ObamaCare.
If that number goes to 60%, forget it. Voting for
ObamaCare would be forming a circular firing squad.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelx666

UK has a free 'healthcare', its much better imho than american-one, i don't do doctors for pills, but in case of emergency they would sort you out whether you have money or no

Thanks. I needed a good laugh!

Tell me. What do they do for you in the wonderful UK if you
get macular degeneration?
Careful i know the truth.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by angelx666

Thanks. I needed a good laugh!

Tell me. What do they do for you in the wonderful UK if you
get macular degeneration?
Careful i know the truth.

at least you can call them anytime if bored and complain of depression whatever, for free

i know they are worthless fuers anyways, but some people maybe like

i break a finger once and they sewed it back together, still something then, what would i do otherwise

free is better than paidfor, whatever it would be, anyways

[edit on 19-9-2009 by angelx666]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The negative view of HR 3200 (aka "ObamaCare") will increase beyond
60% soon. People are starting to understand more about how this
bill from the House of Representatives will intrude into our personal lives
by sending our medical information to the government. If your medical
records indicate that you're a smoker, or overweight, the level of care
you get will be less than the guy/gal who is fit and clean living.

Also, you'll be afraid to speak negatively about the medical system
because you'll be moved to the back of the medical care waiting line
if you do. Folks in Canada don't speak out against the waiting lines,
dingy hospitals, etc., because of this fear of retaliation if they get
sick, or are injured and need medical treatment. When we do hear
about the negatives from a few brave souls north of the US border,
it's only the tip of the iceberg. This is what I hear from those who
come to the USA from Canada for quality life-saving medical care.
-cwm

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

Yes, Obama stay away from my medical records!
Get lost!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join