It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help From ATS Members! Road Trip I-80W, EC to WC... Suggestions?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Numb2itall

Ok, So if your still reading. In about a week from today's post I will be traveling (road trip) with my GF from NY back to LA where I currently reside. She's coming to live with me and make a go at it out here.

Anyway, we have decided to take the northern route. I believe it is I-80 W.
We had made that choice in thinking the scenery would be more appetizing to the eye. I'm a big lover of the outdoors and if i have to drive, I'd rather be looking at mountains and forests... Being that it will be Oct. and in the spirit of our passions for the Unknown and Halloween, we wanted to make the trip even more exciting.

She is very much into the Supernatural/Paranormal subject and I'm more about the UFO/Alien area (I've had experiences throughout my life) but if you want my honest opinion... frankly I find it all interesting! We are both extremely open minded individuals but we also have a good sense of reality... skepticism can be healthy and should be used on a daily basis. So I think we are pretty balanced folk!

Here's where you good folks come in... I was wondering if there were any ATS members who would like to help us in pointing out any locations that are in the vein of the Paranormal/UFO phenomenon.
This could include:
Recent UFO/Alien sightings or Hotspots
Haunted/Poltergeist Houses or Sites (we could stay the night in and we relish in that idea!)
Vortex locations/Dimensional Rifts ( why not? I'm open)
Bigfoot sightings (as we will be doing a bunch of camping along the way to save $$$ and I'm always open to make new friends)
Even reputable websites would be helpful!! Etc...

I think you get the picture. The natural stuff is easy to find on the Net so I'm good with that end.
Any help would be greatly appreciated and we would be more than happy to try to document anything we may encounter along the way and report back to you all what we came across.
We want this to be a FUN trip as we are starting this life together (we've known each other for many years but only now are we realizing how it all fits almost too perfect with us) and we want to do it right by exploring the things we believe in, together.
Also I can eventually update this whole thread so we can all have a continuing cross country road map of the stuff we are all into!
A Paranormal Road map so to speak, for future unafraid, thrill-seeking, enthusiat's who are willing to go further than their computer screens for answers, to use as a guide...
So fire away my friends! Many many thanks to all who are willing to contribute!

Sorry I havent been able to update this Thread...
I ended up having a back spasm which led to a pinched nerve in my neck and was in bed for most of this past week. Oh so much pain but thankfully its almost gone now. The pain was ridiculous and I usually have a great pain threshold but DAMN!
Anyway, still dont have any solid route planned... I think its gonna have to stay that way due to weather patterns and the like but I wanted to say Thank You from the bottom of my heart to all who have helped out thus far.
I will try to get back on during this week when I have a more defined route planned but I'm looking at all possibilites en route to LA ; I-80, I-70, I-40 among other routes in between.
I would definitely try I-90 but that may be a summer trip.
So anything from
Penn
Ohio
Michigan
Illinois
Indiana
Missouri
Iowa
Kansas
Nebraska
Oklahoma
New Mexico
Colorado
Utah
Nevada
and Northern Calif are all fair game. If anyone lives in these areas and knows of any recent activity. Be it UFO or of the Paranormal vein... PLEASE CHIME IN and let us know as Im sure we will be hitting a hotel or 2 along the way and if I can get WIFI I will be checking the Thread.
We would definitely be down for spending a night in place that is claimed to have high activity (she loves the paranormal stuff) so reputed Haunted is a big +! I prefer the UFO stuff but I'm just happy to get the hell out of the house!!! LOL
Anyhoo, Many thanks to all who have helped... I will be in touch!

<< 1   >>

join