It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Communist Manifesto anyone, anyone?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

Here's the deal...

The US is the great experiment. Which means our system of Government isn't really written in stone per say. It is evolving constantly that means change. As long as they don't get too far off the mark and totally trash the bill of rights and change the foundations we should be fine by adapting to the world as it changes.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

Thanks, I hadn't considered it as a cycle you gave me a point to ponder. Darn humanity, can't be happy with anything, even a utopia.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I personally feel that humans are naturally competitive.

While Communism sounds best for society, where is the competiveness? It already feels as if we are following this route and not many people seem to like it.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

Have the life experiences that I have, I see your point about competition. But then that makes me think about tribes of people wherever (Native American, Africans, etc) and they seem to have a solution for that problem. Maybe the answer is in having numerous smaller colonies. But part of still want to believe that a utopia could work on a larger scale maybe we need to evolve more.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

I agree we are naturally competitive, it's part of survival.

BUT the system we live in is not natural, and we are conditioned to be overly competitive because the system creates fear. The fear of not having anything drives people to over compensate, and become overly competitive in order to survive in a system that requires you to compete with, and exploit other people.

In a natural environment why would you compete with your neighbors when you already have all you need? It would be a waste of energy.
Animals compete when resources are scarce. Capitalism keeps resources artificially scarce to maintain profit levels, diamonds are a good example (by limiting mining), but also food and other necessary resources are kept from overproducing. If a company does overproduce and cannot sell their product, that product will be destroyed or sold cheaply to a warehouse store. The company will go bankrupt and people will lose jobs. Just because the over produced product cannot sell, to those who can afford it, it is wasted. Wasted labour, wasted time, wasted money.

And a third of the world is starving for lack of resources due to the need of capitalism to make profit for private individuals.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join