It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Protesters Take To Streets Of Tehran, Other Cities - Once Again - Today September 18

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
MASSIVE PROTESTS IN IRAN TODAY ON QODS DAY

Well! these people really have guts! - I like that!

If they can keep up this pressure on the regime, things are starting to look like & resembles the years before and up til the revolution 1979.

Even if I think that would be difficult, It's nice to see them protesting against the regime and against all odds & fears!

May God be with these people!

"People are chanting: RAPISTS OF THE REGIME MUST BE EXECUTED"

"People are screaming: OBAMA, OBAMA YOUR CONVERSATION SHOULD BE WITH US...in Farsi it rhymes"

Hezbollahis who were chanting against the people were attacked and beaten by people. People are not being permitted to reach Tehran University...regime is holding Quds day prayers at Tehran University.

Blog with videos:

gatewaypundit.blogspot.com...

Iranian Protesters Take To Streets Of Tehran, Other Cities

Tens of thousands of people wearing green accessories -- the sign of the opposition -- have come out on to the streets of Tehran and other major cities for the first mass protests against the Iranian government in two months.

Clashes were reported between the opposition protestors and supporters of President Mahmud Ahmadinejad, backed by police and Basij militia vigilantes. It is not yet known how many protesters were arrested.

The protesters took advantage of the officially sanctioned observance of Quds (Jerusalem) Day -- on which Ahmadinejad denounced the Holocaust as a "myth"-- to assemble without immediately being spotted and stopped by the police.

Shouting slogans, the protestors denounced Ahmadinejad as stealing the June presidential election: "Liar, liar, where is your 63 percent?"

They also demanded the release of thousands of people arrested in government crackdowns on previous rallies against Iran's contested presidential election results.

Demonstrations also took place in other major Iranian cities including Isfahan, Mashhad, Qom, Shiraz, and Tabriz.

"People are now heading to Karimkhan Square. I can tell you that from Vali Asr Square to Karimkhan Zand Square all is covered in green," she added. "The conservatives are much fewer than the reformists."

www.rferl.org...

CNN September 18

Iran eyewitness: protest videos

news.bbc.co.uk...

Hundreds of thousands of Iranians poured into the streets for Jerusalem Day, which is supposed to show solidarity with Palestine but appears to have been used by opposition supporters as an excuse to march against the government.

The fight continues - مبارزه ادامه دارد

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hell yes!!

Go Iranians!!

It really takes a lot of courage to do what they are doing in the type of regime they live under.

I am proud of them.

Hopefully the government will collapse under it's own weight soon. Something's gotta give over there.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bommer09
Hell yes!!

Go Iranians!!

It really takes a lot of courage to do what they are doing in the type of regime they live under.

I am proud of them.

Hopefully the government will collapse under it's own weight soon. Something's gotta give over there.

Yeah! Go Iranians!

Man! they are brave for doing this!

You know! this is how things started before the revolution 1979 - little by little in small steps!

Well we can hope for the best anyway!

I'm going to see if I can find some more videos!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Some more videos from today's protest march!

Almost makes me wanna go out and do some protesting myself!

There's nothing better than a great protest march!!

But I hope they don't catch the flu!

Haha! the secrect police guy is trying in vain to block the guys camera

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
from what i see on here and the other thread, your contradicting yourself.. again, you wont find but a 10 second snippet on cnn or any other western news outlets about the pro-goverment rallies but they will spend hours on the anti-ones... you tell me which is propaganda..

[edit on 30-12-2009 by TheCoffinman]

new topics

top topics

join