It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Derren Brown On 4 NOW!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Perception Without Awareness, and the power of subliminal messaging. I'm not going to try the experiment, but it's very interesting to see just how easy it is to manipulate the masses.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo-V™
Perception Without Awareness, and the power of subliminal messaging. I'm not going to try the experiment, but it's very interesting to see just how easy it is to manipulate the masses.

Is there a link somewhere or is it subliminal?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Subliminal. After last weeks farce I had started to doubt his ability, but after seeing what he just did with the woman and the Giraffe, I'm doubting my doubt.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
What exactly is he proposing to do right now?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo-V™
Subliminal. After last weeks farce I had started to doubt his ability, but after seeing what he just did with the woman and the Giraffe, I'm doubting my doubt.

I doubt that your doubt is as doubtful as my doubt without links.

What woman? What giraffe?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I think the OP is expecting everyone in the world to be psychic.

I believe the OP is referring to a TV programme currently showing on UK TV channel 4

Derren Brown - Channel 4

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Did anyone get stuck then?

2nd line

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
watched it, followed the instuctions i just got dizzy and very felt agressive.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

I felt my arms twitch a little... but afterwards I managed to stand up fine, as did my partner.

I think it'll turn out to be a load of crap.. and that Brown did this to show how easy it is to make people believe in things... ? Just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I was only half watching, but I did notice that just before he showed the film, when his face filled the frame, there was a subliminal image of a guy tied to a chair. Anyone able to watch sky+ on frame by frame?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karilla
I was only half watching, but I did notice that just before he showed the film, when his face filled the frame, there was a subliminal image of a guy tied to a chair. Anyone able to watch sky+ on frame by frame?

That image flashed a few times when Brown's face was on the screen.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Karilla

yeah that wasnt done very well, it was too obvious, it lasted for about third of a second wich is way too long. it shouldnt of even been noticable

CX

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Myself and my youngest didn't feel anything, but my eldest found it real hard to get up, she said her lower body felt very heavy and like a dead weight.

My youngest took a lot of coaxing to get her to join in, was worried she'd be stuck there in her chair forever lol. For the first 20 mins of the programme she refused to sit down at all, also refusing to go to the toilet in case she got stuck on there too.

CX.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Lmao!

I'd have loved to have been there, to see your eldest being unable to move in the flesh. Neither me or my partner were affected, so naturally I'm going to remain doubtful...

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The show was very interesting and the part where he focused on the girl in the toy shop was a splendid bit of subtle manipulation. That in itself was very impressive.

Later I got a little bit more concerned when the subliminal manipulations took place in the shopping center that ended with a man giving his shoes away. The man walked away with a smile obviously thinking he had done a great deed for a man down on his luck, but for me I felt a little bad knowing that he had simply been manipulated.

The show was an eye opener and made uncomfortable viewing in my opinion. At the end, the show left me wondering what the security services are capable of.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
All I say on this is 'Meh' - and I rarely say that.

He's losing credibility with me. If you know a bit about psychology, it is very obvious what he's doing and with the little ticks and signals he sends out.

I don't think he did use the 'wisdom of crowds' technique last week, I think he simply used some tv trickery.

With this one - the PWA - I was not stuck to my chair and neither was my partner. - In saying that I had decided beforehand that it was not going to work, that I was not going to be controlled by some little parlour trick.

And the giraffe, I would have noticed all the signs etc, also, I don't really like giraffes all that much

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The woman was a actress obviously (and they had CCTV in the store to see which object she'd choose, or they already had that figured out), or he cold-read her using body-language..notice she follows him and its almost like he's reading her body language in determining which way to go in the store. Had they done it without the woman there I may have been slightly more impressed.

I didn't watch the "control the nation" part as I don't like the idea of subliminal messages being placed in my head, but much of what people felt was just suggestivity. If you think your going to feel something and then something occurs like a muscle spasm occurs, you'd naturally attribute it to the show, when realisticly its all about odds and only 14% of viewers actually "felt" anything.

top topics

join