It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does drinking out of a skull signify?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Obviously, lying seems to be copacetic for this 'Christian' and the Bible's admonishments were somehow overlooked for his own self-promotion.

How quickly you will toss out one of your own out when anything like the truth is revealed.

Your days of hiding behind Roman emperors and Greek gods and Egyptian black magic are over.

The light will be revealed in your darkest places.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingswillquiver
How quickly you will toss out one of your own out when anything like the truth is revealed.

Did you read the link provided? Obviously not, otherwise you would have seen that he left of his own volition and no one had to 'toss out' anyone. All of the information I provided you was overlooked and instead you go off on a non-sequitor.

Your days of hiding behind Roman emperors and Greek gods and Egyptian black magic are over.

I have no idea to what or whom you are refering. Who hides behind emperors and gods and who exactly is practicing 'Egyptian black magic'?

The light will be revealed in your darkest places.

The crawl space? Thank God, the place is filled with spider crickets and is not fun to go through to get to the pipes.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

From what I've read on the subject, drinking out of the skull is required to become 33rd Degree.

I've never came across any version of the 33rd degree where wine from a skull is given in the Scottish Rite, although it is part of the 33rd degree of the Cerneau Rite. It also part of some Templar ceremonies in other Rites.

Regardless, the act symbolizes the equality of all men in death. In Freemasonry, skulls are always symbols of one's own mortality, and a reminder to work while it is yet day: for the night closes in all too fast.

Sounds nothing to me like "becoming a better man", as the Masons would have us believe.

This lesson is absolutely crucial to becoming a "better man". Most people seem to think they are immortal, and therefore waste a lot of time. For one who comprehends this lesson, he will truly understand how to live.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

It signifies that you are a satanist.

You really didn't know this? I mean, I am not a satanist, but if I saw some people drinking from a skull I would be pretty freaked out.

Maybe I'm just slow, but....what do skulls have to do with satanism or "invoking spirits"? I just don't see it, sorry. Satanism and "invoking spirits" are based on superstition, whereas the symbols of mortality used in Freemasonry are based on a very real reality.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
"Alas, poor Yorick. I knew him, Horatio."

Apparently, Shakespeare was a satanist as well.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I remember doing this in the York Rite degree's when i became a Templar in the commandary...but not in any of the Blue Lodge Degree's. So as far as i know this is only present (in my jurisdiction at least) within the Templar Degree's of the York Rite.

Been through the Scottish Rite Degrees, York Rite Degrees, Shrine Degrees, and of course the Blue Lodge Degrees.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bushidomason

At last...a mason who do not try to hide it or deny it and accept to share his experience with us. we really appreciate it.

Now please, could you also tell us. As you were holding the Human skull in your hands and drinking wine out of it, how did you live the experience and what went through your mind.

Please discribe your experience and what did you gained out of this ritual.....

Thank you

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow18433

how about this, you ask the rest of us who you claim are hiding something how many of us have been trough the York Rite. Since that is apparently where this ritual comes from. That way you might see that we aren't hiding anything, we just didn't know any more than you did about it.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

took me only 2 minute with the google ATS search engine to find this...

reply posted on 27-3-2008 @ 03:45 PM by Masonic Light

'' I am a Master Mason, a Past Master of my Lodge, 32° KCCH in the Scottish Rite,
Royal Arch Mason, Cryptic Mason, and Knight Templar in the York Rite, and belong
to several appendent and honorary Masonic bodies and degrees. ''

So...you also drank out of Human Skull...would you mind, talking to us about it..!

reply posted on 20-9-2005 @ 02:00 PM by Masonic Light

'' The York Rite is, in effect, "original" Freemasonry, and is the most common form of
Freemasonry. It is called "York Rite" because the Regius Manuscript refers to it being
founded in York, England in the early middle ages. ''

drinking blood ( Wine.. ) out of a human skull ritual, has its root, deep in freemasonry...

reply posted on 27-7-2005 @ 12:39 PM by Masonic Light

'' I would recommend that you complete York Rite first, and then go through Scottish Rite.
You can do it either way, and I actually went into Scottish Rite first. ''

Sounds like most masons, go through BOTH Rites....

reply posted on 8-1-2008 @ 08:17 AM by Masonic Light

'' The high degrees of both the Scottish Rite and York Rite are Templar degrees ''

so we can conclude that all masons worldwide will one day or another
drink out of a Humain Skull, so many masons here are probably hidding they did it.

Anybody else want to share his drinking out of a Human Skull experience with us...?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow18433

please note: masonic light/////// network dude

Please notice the difference. While they are both two words, they are different people. We even live in different states. Now, you were saying.....

[edit on 22-9-2009 by network dude]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow18433

reply posted on 27-7-2005 @ 12:39 PM by Masonic Light

'' I would recommend that you complete York Rite first, and then go through Scottish Rite.
You can do it either way, and I actually went into Scottish Rite first. ''

How on earth, from that quote, do you get "MOST Masons go through both rites?" ML recommends that going through both rites, because they both offer additional teaching on a variety of philosophical topics. However, to advance to the last 3 degrees in the York Rite system, you must swear to "defend the Christian faith above all others". That's an oath I refuse to take, and one I personally feel goes against the tenets of Masonry wherein an individual's religion shouldn't be used to judge him. The Scottish Rite has no such restrictions, so you'll find that Jews, Muslims, Deists, and Masons of other belief systems are more likely to join the Scottish Rite. (Not that the York Rite is the ONLY Christian Masonic faction; in fact there are more Masonic groups that are Christian-only than any other divisive determinant. (So to make a long story short, IF the skull drinking is only done in the York Rite Templar degrees, and IF the York Rite Templar degrees are for Christians only, THEN the only Masons drinking out of skulls are Christian. Hows that for you?) )

Now yes, it's possible to go through the earlier York Rite degrees and not get the last three, but it's not something I've done. They meet on a different night of the week and I feel like between various other factors in my life, I'm spending enough time away from my family as is.

While there are chivalric degrees in the Scottish Rite, the Scottish Rite imparts their degrees theatrically in front of a class of students rather than making the candidate walk through the steps. I'm a 32° Scottish Rite Mason, and I can honestly say I've never drunk from a skull. Does someone drink from a skull in one of the plays? I don't recall that ever happening, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't, but the degrees are long and I really don't remember every detail of every degree. So could it happen on stage in a Scottish Rite Templar degree somewhere? I guess it's possible. But that doesn't mean that those going through the degree have to actually DO it. It would be done on stage for them, enacting the allegory.

[edit on 9/22/2009 by JoshNorton]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow18433

So...you also drank out of Human Skull...would you mind, talking to us about it..!

I thought I already did.

drinking blood ( Wine.. ) out of a human skull ritual, has its root, deep in freemasonry...

It has its root in the medieval orders of chivalry. To the best of my knowledge, it formed a part of most initiations into knighthood.

Most active Masons do.

Anybody else want to share his drinking out of a Human Skull experience with us...?

I'd rather hear more from the guy who said he eats his fruit loops out of a human skull. Now that's pretty cool.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I would assume its a symbol for "a thirst for knowledge"

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
I would assume its a symbol for "a thirst for knowledge"

In his "Legenda", Albert Pike wrote that it was symbolic of the equality of all men in death. To the Knights Templar, who faced death daily, this was not a mere fraternal ceremony but a dramatic reminder of one's own mortality, accompanied with the knowledge that death is ever present.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by kingswillquiver

That your a bit of a loon...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

thanks friend for the correction

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Ya I have both a Tantric skull cup(made of Bronze,but having an unmistakable form) and a real human skull.Both can be gotten off ebay,as we speak.Over the years there have been all manner of ritual objects made of skulls offered on ebay.You too can have your creepy fruit loops,but be aware,you will be effected by this practice if at all a 'sensitive'.It ain't a joke.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I'm in the York Rite, but just as in the Blue Lodge I cannot reveal any secrets or parts of the ceremony. What is the big deal with drinking from a skull?

What does drinking out of a skull signify?

That you are out of cups and really, really desperate for a drink.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
This topic has captured some of my imagination.Since I have a skull,a whole skeleton actually,I am in a position to make choices.Like I could saw the cap off and make a vessel or a container.I am a student of the body and a natural 'bone setter' and got this to study that most mysterious joint,the ilio-sacral,so when my own back goes out,I know just how to put it back.A worthy investment,it has saved me hundreds from the Chiropractor.So,that said,why don't I make it something a bit different?I'll tell you,it's not just an object or a plaything.I can feel energy when I think about the skull or imagine the former owner,who was,judging from the bones,a hard working,good posture older guy.His bones have a place of respect in my library and I strongly feel he likes it there.Like a handgun,you don't know untill you hold one in your hand,there is a sort of power inherent.So,not a Mason,never will be,but owner of a skull says it's creepy and possibly a cursed practice.I think it depends on the former owner;s wishes.I personally would not mind if someone were to make my skull into some good art work,heck I'd do it myself if I could.But only to celebrate life or instruct somehow or as a chalice/bubbler.Glass and bone.Alcohol,on the other hand is a 'spirit' of another kind.I strongly feel there is more to it,don't buy the 'I just need a drink' li(n)e.Hele,conceal and never reveal...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bushidomason

bushidomason , i asked you to please discribe your experience and what did you gained out of this Human skull macabre ritual.....

Since Masonic light, only skated around...maybe you would answer
the OP's question and clearly discribe your experience.

Thank you

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join