It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Real-Person Health Care Story Not That Real

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It seems President Obama (if you want to get picky and some here will, his writers) are not exactly telling the truth with atleast one story about the horrors of health insurance.

Everyone remember the story he told during his Congress speech about the cancer patient who died because his insurance dropped him when he got sick?

Not exactly accurate.

www.politicsdaily.com...|hp-desktop|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.politicsda ily.com%2F2009%2F09%2F18%2Fobamas-real-person-health-care-story-not-that-real%2F

"One man from Illinois lost his coverage in the middle of chemotherapy because his insurer found that he hadn't reported gallstones that he didn't even know about. They delayed his treatment, and he died because of it."

It's just not true, which I pointed out in my Chicago Sun-Times column. I confirmed with the White House that the man Obama was referring to was Otto Raddatz, from a Chicago suburb.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Thanks for posting, JD. I though it was pretty funny, in a 'that guy kinda lied' sort of way.
Do you think he was just going on bad information? Surely he doesn't find the anecdotal evidence himself...time to fire somebody?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

I'm not saying he knew it was a lie, but the person who reads the script takes the fall.

You can fire the writer everytime, doesn't change the fact about who said it.

new topics

join