It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congo: millions dead! ignored! *sigh*

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Has anyone heard about the war in the eastern Congo? Apparently, over 5 million people have died due to the war there recently, which is still going on, but the mainstream media ignores it.

Why?

The resources are being taken from that area of the world. If you have a cell-phone or computer (obviously you do), some of the minerals used to make them come from the Congo. It's like the movie "Blood Diamond", except with other types of minerals, not diamonds as much anymore. It's like "Hotel Rwanda" that still never ended, and has been going on continuously for over ten years. It's the biggest war since WW2, and yet most people have never heard about it.

Why?

I think "they" plan ahead very, very far. Right now, the Congo can potentially feed ALL of Africa + the E.U., without destroying ANY rain-forest. There are that many abandoned farms due to the war. It is that UNDER-populated. Now, they are keeping the population down while stealing the natural resources. Soon, they will grow bio-fuels with all those abandoned farms, and the population will be low, which is exactly what they want.

Where is Obama and his African pride? Shouldn't he be preventing this war? I'll call him a racist who hates ALL races, even his own. He's one of "them" who wants to reduce the world's population, if you didn't know.

"They" have convinced people that the world is "overpopulated" so even if people find out about the Congo, they'll think, "oh, it's overpopulated anyway." The fact is, Africa is the most UNDER-populated place in the world. Africa could feed the world x 2 !!! I'm NOT talking about cutting rain-forest down, I'm talking about utilizing the farmland already at hand.

www.currentconcerns.ch...

www.independent.co.uk...

news.nationalgeographic.com...

agonist.org...

www.guardian.co.uk...

genocide.change.org...

news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bettermakings

The various situations/atrocities in Africa have held my interest for many years now. Hotel Rwanda was an excellent film that asked the question "where is the United Nations??", a question that still can be asked today.

Great post, and you're absolutely right - millions have died and still most countries turn a blind eye. Why?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
It is the plan for global genocide. Just because we have a black President does not mean that he has any say in what is happening in Africa.

This is the sign of the wickedness which will come to us all in the near future, it really is.

People would rather turn their heads away from this kind of truth, 5 million? oh no many many more that is just the number that is relatively comfortable to report.

We could stop it, we could change this course, but we wont, not until the very last race of humanity is standing.

Disclosure? No way it would undermine the very real presence on our planet which has succeeded in murdering million, billions over the centuries.

There is a control happening here that is darker than your worst nightmare, you should read my thread "What you should know about lower astrals"

I began to tell the truth there and lay it out, but it was Too scary, too disturbing much like this Op which will simply fade like the millions each year from this ugly contaminated and corrupt planet.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by antar]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I don't really care because it seems there's always some war going on in africa that i'm supposed to care about.
It was a couple years ago when i realized i shouldn't be concerned about things that i can't change.
If i wanna feel guilty about africa or any other poor nation i'll turn on world vision in the morning. lol.

Seriously tho people have their own problems here and i think that worrying about the other side of the world is what's getting us into trouble. We need to solve our own problems first

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Bumping this again because i did not even have time to go back to the main page before I noticed it sinking to the bottom of the page. I came back because I forgot to star and flag it.

Lets hope at least here at ATS we can discuss this and come to some real solutions for the planet starting in africa where they need our help more than any other right now.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I have heard of it but I think it does not make the MSM as this is not an OIL fight.

The Gongo is a war started by there own people, it may well be supplied by a superpower of even given a push in that direction but mostly in my opinion it is a civil war and it is perpetuated by the people that live there.

This is not a simple 2 coutires duking it out kind of war, it is varrying warlords fighting over control of the resourses.

For putting forward a case for a super power taking over and restoring democratic goverment can you imagine how many boots on the ground would be needed for the Gongo? look what happened in Vietnam.

In my opinion the super power that tried that would have another Vietnam times 1000

"Stealing the resourses" so no one in the Congo makes any money from it?
(before you answer the above question I am well aware of the slavery going on over there but not everyone involved is a slave)

As for African pride see Liberia.

Now on to your Obama and his African pride.

Why should Obama automaticaly be expected to have African Pride?

HE IS AN AMERICAN not African he lived in the USA grew up there. I have never understood this need for black Americans to be labled as African Americans.

Do they all want to live in Africa go back to there tribal roots so to speak NO. They want what we all want a good life,job, house, car everything else that other people want.

So why again do they need to be labelled anything other than American?

Have you ever heard of African Scotsman or an African Russian? I haven't

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Africa is screwed on two fronts:
1. the west and the east exploiting the continent without regard for its peoples;
2. age old animosity between many of the tribal groups that predate what we would term the civilized world.
Apparently, in this world age-old racial, national, and tribal hatreds just can't be given up for peace. These hatreds help give groups (national, tribal, racial) part of their personality.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Seriously tho people have their own problems here and i think that worrying about the other side of the world is what's getting us into trouble. We need to solve our own problems first

We get into trouble overseas when we go into a place that is already relatively stabled. Our intervention makes it unstable and then we are there for years trying to stabilize it.

Congo would be a place we would try to stabilize from the start. I see where you say take care of our own problems, but even you know that given a million years it will never happen. I know we can help one another and take care of our own at the same time.

Today it is Congo, tomorrow it may be your country. Would you not want people to help you if you were in that situation.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Over 5 million people???

I would much rather support intervention in the Congo rather than the pathetic pointless wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Where are you now America??? Millions dead!

Freedom and liberty? Bringing peace???

Ha! Don't make me laugh.

Africa, Africa, your troubles have arrested my heart.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orion65

Great post, and you're absolutely right - millions have died and still most countries turn a blind eye. Why?

Because for us to interact is seen as reimposing evil imperialism on Africa ..... Hence too the reason Britain has stood back and watched Rhodesia disintergrate. The country used to export food to much of southern Africa. Today millions starve......

So we try and help a little bit here and there with aid etc but any military intervention is - politically - as acceptable as a paedophile in a children's home.

So millions die.

Personally I say forget Afghanistan, send our troops into Rhodesia, get the country back on its feet and then work through the rest of Africa. If they don't like it tough. At least those who object will be alive to object.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
the only reason we're not in Africa is they have nothing we want. Believe me if there were oil we'd be there in a heartbeat.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Well yes help is good in all sizes. country to country and person to person. It would be difficult for me to imagine the country i live in being tricked into killing 5 million of each other. No, for that number we'd actually have to want to do it ourselves.

Honestly, if my country was at war with itself, i'd probably want other countries to butt out and mind their own business.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
wow. thanks for this information. so Congo could potentially solve the world's hunger problem. Yet no country is doing anything to solve the situation.

I say, get rid of ALL troops in the middle East and other parts of the world, and concentrate on Africa. Sure this is interventionism and can be viewed as imperialism by some nations, but solving the world's hunger problems should be a priority instead of worrying about some stupid oil fields in the middle East (especially since it seems oil is a renewable resource according to some scientists in a thread i read somewhere in ATS).

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by newworld
wow. thanks for this information. so Congo could potentially solve the world's hunger problem. Yet no country is doing anything to solve the situation.

No, the Congo couldn't - for a start much of it is still rain forest and the rest used to be rain forest ...... But in theory Africa as a whole could produce food for the whole world if existing farming areas, and regions of savannah, were turned over to western farming techniques. Countries like Rhodesia and South Africa especially.

Edit: we would also need to replace the governments of most African countries in order for such food production to be a success (which is obvious when you look at what has happened to Rhodesia!)

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Essan]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Yes, I've read some news about this. Couldn't say its "millions" but ppl is dying because of the "war" to get this mineral for cell phones.

The next "hot spot" will be Bolivia, they have the biggest reserves of the minerals needed for the future fuel-cells (cadmium I think).

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The problem is you see the Congo as a country with boundaries.

In reality the whole population of not only Africa but almost all other areas of the world belong to and identify with a tribe or clans.

Most of the civil wars fought around the world are ought between tribes.

Heck even inter city gangs are tribes. The first thing they ask some one is,"Where are you from?"

Afghanistan is run by tribal warlords.

Iraq too.

You can't hardly name a county on earth that doesn't have ethnic enclaves and are a mess,socially and economically.

That is why most Americans dislike,distrust immigrants.

They won't assimilate become a member of the American tribe
and this is the number one reason this country is going down the tubes.

It use to be,"I want to go to America and become an American".

Now it is,"I want to go to the United States and make money".

This year it is the Congo.

Before Liberia, or was it Uganda maybe Rwanda?

How about Zimbabwe, now that is a well run country.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The reason the mainstream media doesn't pay a lot of attention to that horrible horrible war is that they know very well if they try to do a news story on an war in Africa that most of the American population will grab for the remote and change over to watch American Idol.

We have heard so many stories of war/famine/starvation from that poor continent that we have become nearly immune to them.

It is sad, but it's true.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
this is a really good video that might help explain the apathy from the west towards African nations. Its only a few minutes but worth a watch

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Africa will never be aided, it will never be given a chance to rise up. Aside from the multi-billion dollar "aide" industries that have grown up around the plights of African Nations, there is an overarching reason for Africa to remain in squalor, one that goes beyond resources or money.

Africa is the worlds guilt trap. No politician in any country on earth wants Africa to change for the better. As long as Africa is a hell, people anywhere in the Western world will look at it and go "My god, my life is so much better" and ignore the atrocities being committed in their own countries.

Africa gives western governments free reign to oppress and destroy their societies, because the people can only look at the horrors of Africa and see how much "better" off they are. They can donate their $1 a day to help little owango learn to read, and thus ignore the homelessness and starvation in their own cities.

Africa is the worlds guilt trap, and that is why its people will continue to die, so that we can ignore our issues.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I have a friend who is a aid worker going in when they can to the congo, and its amost a lost cause.
Thanks for posting this thread.
I'll also note that 90% of women are raped there, Its a tragedy beyond words, and we just let it happen.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by zazzafrazz]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join